Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Shiminay's 1.8 Realm (invitation thread)

Options
  • 28-10-2014 3:01pm
    Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 28,633 Mod ✭✭✭✭

So as per the other thread, I started a realm. It's got 3 months of life, we can have a whitelist of 20 and 10 active at any one time. Given the numbers we've had on the regular Boards server, this should work out if we get consistent players.

If you want in, post your player name here and I'll see how easy or difficult it is to juggle whitelists.

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,526 Mod ✭✭✭✭Darkglasses

Darkglasses25 standing by.

Also I'll happily chip in after the initial 3 months

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 3,331 ✭✭✭Splinter

I don't spend a lot of time online and I felt myself not enjoying Minecraft the last time (when it was quiet on the server) but I'd love to come along :)

splinterific is the ign

• Registered Users Posts: 31 rashersandbean

Myself and Oni would be interested in this. Been looking for a 1.8 server to play on, if there is room on the whitelist for us :)

IGNs: rashersandbeans & Oni_Usagi

• Registered Users Posts: 751 ✭✭✭nimrod86

Hey Shim :) Like Rashers and Oni I'd love to get onto a 1.8 server and get back into MC if there's room for me!

IGN: nimrod86

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,526 Mod ✭✭✭✭Darkglasses

Just posting to say I'm logged in and it's working well :)

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,911 Mod ✭✭✭✭Ponster

IGN : ponster

If I run out of time to play I'll get you to take me off the whitelist to make room.

• Registered Users Posts: 288 ✭✭welchy

Welchy80

Please and thanks :D

• Registered Users Posts: 264 ✭✭Rachel_Ann

I'm timing out :/

• Registered Users Posts: 12,957 ✭✭✭✭bnt

I fancy giving it a go, if that's OK? Name is "Maillart".

From out there on the moon, international politics look so petty. You want to grab a politician by the scruff of the neck and drag him a quarter of a million miles out and say, ‘Look at that, you son of a bitch’.

— Edgar Mitchell, Apollo 14 Astronaut

• Registered Users Posts: 1,059 ✭✭✭AirBiscuit

iAirBiscuit, want to see what the lag situation is like

• Advertisement
  • Hosted Moderators Posts: 3,331 ✭✭✭Splinter

scuse my ignorance but can someone PM me the IP? :)

Splinter wrote: »
    scuse my ignorance but can someone PM me the IP? :)

No IP in Realms - load up a pure vanilla 1.8 game of Minecraft and then hit the Minecraft Realms option - you'll have an invite pending. That's how you access the map too :)

I first tried it with the latest Optifine, but got kicked out a couple of times, so it looks like even benign mods are verboten on Realms. Performance is OK-ish without it, though.

From out there on the moon, international politics look so petty. You want to grab a politician by the scruff of the neck and drag him a quarter of a million miles out and say, ‘Look at that, you son of a bitch’.

bnt wrote: »
    I first tried it with the latest Optifine, but got kicked out a couple of times, so it looks like even benign mods are verboten on Realms. Performance is OK-ish without it, though.

Yeah (sorry if keep banging on about performance :o), I actually get a better framerate on vanilla 1.8 on Realms than I do on single-player. Optifine Alpha 1.8 on single player beats them all though :D

• Registered Users Posts: 5,316 ✭✭✭gavmcg92

Would love to check it out. If you're tight on space then don't worry about it. Don't have time to contribute too much to the server atm. Just want to take a look around.

IGN: GavMcG

Cheers Shim :)

• Registered Users Posts: 71 ✭✭Renegaid

Renegaider reporting in! :D

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 28,633 Mod ✭✭✭✭Shiminay

Right, there's a communal farm with wheat, carrots and spuds as well as moo-cows for delicious tasty steak. That's located outside Rachel_Ann and rashers' place which is about 30 blocks from spawn :)

I'm going to try and put a boundary around Spawn (as it's protected it might be handier to make it clear).

Incase I'm not the only idiot out there...there is no IP address. Just click the Microsoft Realms button and accept the invitation.

• Registered Users Posts: 264 ✭✭Rachel_Ann

Can you add DavePlusPlus please Shim :)

• Registered Users Posts: 212 ✭✭electronige

This is that game with the blocks right ? if so's I want in ! ;) electronige

• Advertisement

Desert Temple found at 91 X 74 X 1066

Second desert temple AND village discovered at -293 X 68 X 1188

Nether Fortress 531 73 360

Died trying to build a path to it and went to the pub instead :)

We've got a big farm at spawn with fruit & veg, cows, sheep and bunnies. I also planted some pumpkins so we can decorate for Halloween :D

• Registered Users Posts: 648 ✭✭✭Pompous

PompusII

If there is room.

Please and thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 69 ✭✭mindstorms

Crafty0204 if there is still room. Thanks in advance.

New enchanting mechanism is pretty great :D

One of those ghost statues is very lifelike....

Zo6uGcA.png

Found a village in a Plains at -266 X 70 X -733

I'm off exploring the north-west. Discoveries so far;
    Desert Temple: -4743, -4035
    Village nearby: -4857, -4046 (good rates on Emeralds for coal or beef)
    Horses, many of:-5219, -4405 (some with spots and socks)

• Advertisement

That annoying moment when you realise that the strange floating wizard's tower you were building that you wanted to put a Nether Portal to is too close to an existing portal and you've already spent 6 hours building the strange floaty thing.

RAEG!

Time to examine the Commands list, I saw something about copying and moving all blocks within an area...

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement