Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Halal meat in UK prisons contain pork

13»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 236 ✭✭Kumejima

If you can't eat the swine, don't do the crime.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 37 vincit qui se vincit

--Kaiser-- wrote: »
    Couldn't give a sh1te about religious peoples' stupid beliefs to be perfectly honest
    HTML5! wrote: »
    Seriously, when will society stop pandering to stupid religious beliefs and focus on actual problems.

I'd be far, far, far more concerned about the damage done to Irish society by people who hold far more dangerous, if equally obtuse, beliefs such as:

1) The free market should determine almost everything in this society, if not everything. The "Celtic Tiger" brigade ideologists - McCreevy, Harney, McDowell, etc - and its supporters have done unspeakable damage to this generation of young people with their beliefs. Far more than any of the religions.

2) Belief in "multiculturalism" (British-style, of course) is yet another myopic product of the Irish economy's need for cheap employees during the boom. This economic need has resulted in legions of people being recruited, from academia to the media, to dress this economic motivation up as something open-minded. It isn't; it's entirely motivated by economic needs of a bygone Celtic Tiger era and now this state is in a bind because of the ideology of "multiculturalism". The consequences of this ideology will not just affect the indigenous poor but also the marginalised for many decades to come. If it turns out anything like Britain, this state will have to spend a fortune on "integration" policies and appeasing even the most retarded, pre-medieval belief system. Given that the Irish state has followed the British state, this belief in "multiculturalism" is sure to cause far more damage than is caused by current beliefs in religion in Ireland.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,118 ✭✭✭✭Grayson

AlekSmart wrote: »
    Crikey Grayson,you're opening up some can o worms there....NO Jewish Prisoners ?...or is it no Jewish prisoners givin out about being fed Pork scratchins ?

Perhaps worth a bit of debate in itself ?

Mind you,on the greater issue of this Prisoners Dietary requirements debate,it's only logical conclusion is to have a poll of Prisoners Dietary Requirements when they are being processed (Boom Boom :o).

This would be as part of a wide ranging review of Prison Services so as to ensure that NO prisoner would have their basic dietary rights defiled in the alledged manner now being suggested.

This would also have the knock-on effect of providing employment for currently uneployed non-incarcerated Catering Staff as the new regime would require a massive expansion of the catering system itself.

It's a win-win situation IMO.....is'nt it ?

The bit highlighted was sarcasm. Because most people were yammering on about muslims rather than jewish and muslims.
    Being against jewish rights can be interpreted as anti semetic whereas being anti muslims is a bit more acceptable. Although both are semetic races so being anti arab is being anti semite too.

Anyways.... I believe religion is a load of toss. But it's here and not about to disappear anytime soon. And i believe we should be able to show some tolerance. Prisoners should obviously be given a diet that is medically safe,. No snickers bars for those who have nut alergies. But after that we should do the basics for any of the major religions. If you belong to a little cult yyou just invented so you can get steak and chips 7 days a week, feck off. But if you're hindu, muslim etc... We should be able to make some leeway.

• Registered Users Posts: 103 ✭✭Jacob T

MaxSteele wrote: »
    God. They're human rights must have been violated. :rolleyes:

"They are human rights must have been violated" ? Hmm, does not compute... :confused:

I'll try again..

"They are human rights..." Nope! It's just not happening for me..

• Registered Users Posts: 1,783 ✭✭✭CptMackey

They are in there for a reason. Leave em starve if the wont eat it. Their beliefs in a man in the sky should have no bearing on what the state feeds the criminals. Them included, just tell em it's halal and away you go.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,005 ✭✭✭✭AlekSmart

Grayson wrote: »
    Anyways.... I believe religion is a load of toss. But it's here and not about to disappear anytime soon. And i believe we should be able to show some tolerance. Prisoners should obviously be given a diet that is medically safe,. No snickers bars for those who have nut alergies. But after that we should do the basics for any of the major religions. If you belong to a little cult you just invented so you can get steak and chips 7 days a week, feck off. But if you're hindu, muslim etc... We should be able to make some leeway.

+1 to the Load of Toss !

However if my reading is correct,one of the issues surrounding modern Islam is that each of it's branches views the other as a "Little cult,just invented" and reacts appropriately ?

Men, it has been well said, think in herds; it will be seen that they go mad in herds, while they only recover their senses slowly, and one by one.

Charles Mackay (1812-1889)

• Registered Users Posts: 14,005 ✭✭✭✭AlekSmart

CptMackey wrote: »
    They are in there for a reason. Leave em starve if the wont eat it. Their beliefs in a man in the sky should have no bearing on what the state feeds the criminals. Them included, just tell em it's halal and away you go.

A quote from the Sacred Book of Laurence by any chance ?

Men, it has been well said, think in herds; it will be seen that they go mad in herds, while they only recover their senses slowly, and one by one.

Charles Mackay (1812-1889)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,783 ✭✭✭CptMackey

No, What's that when its at home? Just my opinion as what they don't know can't hurt em.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,109 ✭✭✭MaxSteele

Jacob T wrote: »
    "They are human rights must have been violated" ? Hmm, does not compute... :confused:

I'll try again..

"They are human rights..." Nope! It's just not happening for me..

*Their* :rolleyes: You'd swear I had written it in code like the zodiac killer.

Grammar nazis aren't tolerated in AH. So kindly shut the f*ck up.

• Registered Users Posts: 212 ✭✭Laura_lolly87

old_aussie wrote: »
    That's probably why 13% of the prison population is muslim

What religion is the other 87%?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 46,938 ✭✭✭✭Nodin

What religion is the other 87%?

Mostly Jehovahs Burglars. They're persecuted because of their beliefs.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,448 ✭✭✭crockholm

Jehovah's burgers sound tasty

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,639 ✭✭✭Miss Lockhart

• Registered Users Posts: 6,309 ✭✭✭T-K-O

goat2 wrote: »
    correct me if i am wrong,

but i think halal meat is only sold in special halal butcher shops only,
    and it does not come under the same government as our ordinary shops, like tesco, aldi, and such likes,
    can anyone expand on this,
    i dont know much about it, but am very interested to know, did this meat come from another country or is it something like the horsemeat story,

Any butcher can source Halal meat. Halal meat is produced in the same factories that supply the super markets and your local butchers

• Registered Users Posts: 955 ✭✭✭Scruffles

honest opinion on this is,theyre in prison and forego their freedoms to be there.
    the only diet that shoud be supported shoud be for special needs/medical needs, religeon is a choice that adults choose to believe in,diets for religeous reasons in prisons is special treatment and shoud not be allowed,if people do not like not having access to foods based on a belief they have then they shoud never have done what they did to get themselves in there in the first place.
    they shoud be allowed to practice their religeon but not have special treatment/choice over it,in prison they shoud be equals in that respect.

a user says in this thread its not ok if someone said steak and chips was their dietry needs as part of some religeon they made up but that main religeons such as islam shoud have their dietry needs met.
    who is to say the older religeons are really any more real than someone coming up with one in recent times,with steak and chips as the diet need and a bible written?:confused:

.Last edited by Miss Lockhart; Today at 20:08. Reason: I have no idea how that got in this thread considering I've never even seen this thread before?!
    the post coud have been jacked onto this thread by xenu; the alien ma$cot of $cientology, as they dont get name dropped on any religeon thread unless its to do with cults,and poor xenu is probably p-sed off that he gets less rep that john travolta.

also sounds like may have left the account open on some computer and someone else has used it,if it has come from a different location it will have a different IP address associated with the post and if it has come from a different computer on the same network it woud have a different mac address asociated with it,maybe mods coud check if ask nicely.:confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,496 ✭✭✭Boombastic

If they get compensation for this then I'm putting in my claim. It's against my code of ethics to eat horses.

Advertisement