Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Getting wifi working on ipod Touch

2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,439 ✭✭✭Richard

Could you get online via your MacBook's internet connection? There is something in System Preferences which lets you share your internet connection with another computer. I know this isn't ideal, however.

You could also try buying another router.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,986 ✭✭✭✭mikemac

Just rang Magnet again and explained the issue. I also mentioned I’ve researched it and it seems to be an issue specific to Magnet and their Telsey routers.

The guy checked with Level 2 support (I don’t know what Level 2 support is??:confused:) but I was told to call Apple and it wasn't their problem :(

Still no further in getting this sorted, maybe Cramp will

• Registered Users Posts: 465 ✭✭cramp

Issue has been resolved!!!!!

How....???

Well during the conversation with MAGNET the guy mentioned Numerous times that you MUST enter CAPITAL letters with the WEP key i done this while on the phone but it failed to work.... but with the itouch you dont actually see whether u are entering caps or not, also i was getting access (as such) with the pass that i was entering...............anyway you HAVE to press the CAPS for EVERY letter that u enter in the magnet WEP key..... i done this and all works fine!!!!
    I then tried it on the Wii it also worked......
    @ micmclo there a different levels of Tech support in Magnet Level 1 are supposed to be the experts and level 2 are well a bit less i suppose, the guy i had today said that he "set-up" the telseys before shipping, he gave me his name to call him back as he would also look into it his end, i will him the courtesy of calling him back with this info........ tell me how u get on micmclo

Good going cramp :)

I'm fairly sure I tried entering the password in uppercase.
    So I hit CAPS LOCK, enter a letter, hit CAPS LOCK, enter next letter and so on? Is that right?

Wait, I gave up in frustration and gave away my ipod touch to my sister for Christmas :eek:
    Must get it back pronto to test Cramp's solution

• Registered Users Posts: 465 ✭✭cramp

I was doing the same with the itouch... but u must HIT Caps EVERY time u enter a letter (on itouch anyway), Wifi is now also working on my PS3....
    Good luck gettingthe Itouch back!

cramp

• Advertisement

Sorry for dragging this thread up again but I am the OP :)

Just posting that after all the calls to Magnet and the long posts about IP addresses, it was Cramp's solution that sorted it.
    It was simple as entering the password in Caps Lock. Frustratingly simple!

Bought a new one at the reduced price at the weekend.
    Now to jailbreak it :D

Advertisement