Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Angling Regulations and Fishy Links

13»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,329 ✭✭✭redzerologhlen

SeaFields wrote: »

He gave me the best bit of advice I ever got before he left and that was to stray off the beaten track. There's a lot more potential in North Clare the Black Head, Ballyreen and fanore beach.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,551 Mod ✭✭✭✭SeaFields

He gave me the best bit of advice I ever got before he left and that was to stray off the beaten track. There's a lot more potential in North Clare the Black Head, Ballyreen and fanore beach.

Its a great blog on rock fishing and the photos are stunning. Was flicking through it when I saw you linked it in recent thread. One of my favorite types of fishing too!

• Registered Users Posts: 6 Concarny

Hi Everyone,

I'm an outdoors enthusiast and really like sea fishing (my favourite being Culoo on Valentia Island) but would love to try other fishing types. When I moved to south Cork for the first time l found it hard to find good and recommended local spots.

Therefore I created a Free website Activeme.ie to find and contribute your own fishing spot locations on sea, lake and river and for also other outdoor activities. Don't worry, the Android App coming shortly

Basically sharing local knowledge and building a community resource of info.

I would love to know what people think, any feedback or any suggestions for loads of future improvements smile.png

We only have a few locations around the west coast so far but I hope that users will contribute their own favourite spots, photos and other info.

You can add the GPS location and photo online or record with the App. i.e. use the App to take a photo and GPS location of your latest catch and share with your friends right there on facebook or twitter, etc

Thanks and I hope you like it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 105 ✭✭Allround Predator

Concarny wrote: »
    Hi Everyone,

I'm an outdoors enthusiast and really like sea fishing (my favourite being Culoo on Valentia Island) but would love to try other fishing types. When I moved to south Cork for the first time l found it hard to find good and recommended local spots.

Therefore I created a Free website Activeme.ie to find and contribute your own fishing spot locations on sea, lake and river and for also other outdoor activities. Don't worry, the Android App coming shortly

Basically sharing local knowledge and building a community resource of info.

I would love to know what people think, any feedback or any suggestions for loads of future improvements smile.png

We only have a few locations around the west coast so far but I hope that users will contribute their own favourite spots, photos and other info.

You can add the GPS location and photo online or record with the App. i.e. use the App to take a photo and GPS location of your latest catch and share with your friends right there on facebook or twitter, etc

Thanks and I hope you like it

Nobody is going to tell you were they fish. Anglers in Ireland are very secretive about there fishing locations.

• Registered Users Posts: 4 baitdigger

I think if it is a well known mark or a mark that is featured on the many forum site maps there is no problem sharing it but many marks take years of learning to fish them to get good results. The last thing people want to do is put hundreds of beach hours into a mark only to find the spot flooded with people when you get there.
    Trust has to be earned and when you meet people and get to know them there is not a problem showing them places but the minute you see one of your hotspots being flouted by someone you have taken there it all comes to an end.
    Whilst I think you have set out with good intentions unless you are willing to work the marks and give away freely what you have gleaned you are asking people to do things they are not willing to do.

• Advertisement
Advertisement