Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

ISPCA

• 25-03-2014 6:21pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2

Just wondering if anyone has adopted from the ISPCA? and also how they found the experience....?
    Tagged:

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,278 ✭✭✭frazzledhome

What are you looking to adopt? I have fr bull calves that you can have for a small fee!!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,081 ✭✭✭td5man

I've a friesian bull that will need protection if he doesnt behave.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,493 ✭✭✭Greengrass1

What are you looking to adopt? I have fr bull calves that you can have for a small fee!!

Jex take precedence over them FR :D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,081 ✭✭✭td5man

Jex take precedence over them FR :D

For rehoming?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,274 ✭✭✭Bodacious

My experience of ISPCA with regards to preventing animal cruelty is that they are pretty slack and wouldn't have any confidence in them whatsoever to lay down the law

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2 greatspace

Ya I raised the issue because I have dealt with them and it was NOT what I expected, was just wondering am I the only person who had a bad experience. I am just curious as I donated a lot in the past and when I tried to get involved I was turned down.. which is odd considering they "rely on volunteers....

greatspace wrote: »
    Ya I raised the issue because I have dealt with them and it was NOT what I expected, was just wondering am I the only person who had a bad experience. I am just curious as I donated a lot in the past and when I tried to get involved I was turned down.. which is odd considering they "rely on volunteers....

they came out to a case a horse and animal still died an nothing seemed to happen to owner either and nothings changed.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,701 ✭✭✭moy83

wouldn't have any confidence in them whatsoever to lay down the law[/quote]
    Not where they should anyhow

moy83 wrote: »
    wouldn't have any confidence in them whatsoever to lay down the law
    Not where they should anyhow[/QUOTE]

yeah they afraid to tackle the real cases and go for the handy calls, pad out their no. of calls in a day etc.. they went into my elderly neighbour to look at his donkeys and put the heart crossways in him eventhough they are if anything overfed, blacksmith twice a year etc

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,701 ✭✭✭moy83

Bodacious wrote: »
    Not where they should anyhow

yeah they afraid to tackle the real cases and go for the handy calls, pad out their no. of calls in a day etc.. they went into my elderly neighbour to look at his donkeys and put the heart crossways in him eventhough they are if anything overfed, blacksmith twice a year etc[/quote]

Yup ive seen exactly that sort of thing happening a few times . I cant say they are bad because after all they are trying to do good . But I think they just arent strong enough to tackle the real offenders .

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 97 ✭✭tmboy95

I have. Got on grand with them. But I will say in my opinion, not saying the ispca or any certain animal welfare in particular but some of them are over the top. Picking on owners for stupid little things that really shouldn't bother. E.g. I saw a case where there was a horse in a field and there was some scrap metal there in a place and they made a big fuss over that. In my experience the right horse could nearly be left in a scrapyard and still not get inured. I have my own pony 9years and never once had a vet out to her, and she often broke out and was in around metal and materials.
    Then you have the honest genuine workers there , talked to some myself and they are so level headed and down to earth. So you can't tar them all with the one brush.
    There is no justice system in this country and as much as they try and prosecute the owner of animals who have been badly teated it just won't happen or will be very minimum. Not their fault but the system thats there , it's pro criminal not pro victim.
    In relation to adopting an animal, they may require to do a home check. For this all you would want Is to have decent facilties for the dog like a good well fenced boundary of some sort and kennel etc. If you're interested I'd go for it anyway. Plenty of nice dogs there or whatever animal you may want.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,363 ✭✭✭✭Reggie.

td5man wrote: »
    I've a friesian bull that will need protection if he doesnt behave.

I'll call up to ya with the rifle

Advertisement