Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Trip Planner

• 12-02-2012 4:05pm
    Registered Users Posts: 109 ✭✭

I'm planning a tour of 4 American cities over 2-3 weeks in May/June of this year. I am going solely for sight seeing as my financial and time constraint don'tallow much room to manoeuvre. I have over 40 sites that I want to visit in Boston, Chicago, New York and Washington. Does anyone know of any online application that I could use to pin point all my tourist attractions on a map (individual maps of each city that will show me their exact locations as well as distances from each other within each city). Probably sounds complicated but i'm basically talking about using google maps/google earth/a sat nav for each city to but using 20 points instead of two.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 396 ✭✭ai ing

Check out Tripit. You can forward any email confirmations and manually add other stuff. I use it for all my travel.

• Registered Users Posts: 109 ✭✭dmullins3

that's good but asks for a bit too much detail. i don't have day by day plans yet so this asks for too much detailed information. i just need a map shoing way points between attractions

• Registered Users Posts: 6,464 ✭✭✭MOH

I usually just use use Google maps. If you're logged in with a Gmail account, hit the 'My Places' button and then create map.

Create a map for each city, drop a marker for each of the landmarks. Can then easily get navigation between any two of them.

Also, on the Android Google Maps app (not sure about the iPhone one) you can pre-cache the map data within 10 miles of any point. So do this before you go, and you can check the map on your phone even with mobile data turned off.

Advertisement