Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Problems with my sites...

Options
  • 01-08-2009 8:56pm
    Registered Users Posts: 7,828 ✭✭✭

I've created a few sites using serif webplus. It works fine in firefox but in ie I keep getting an alert from AVG relating to a html/framer. Does anyone know why this is happening??

happens on another site

I've deleted it n uploaded it to my domain, this stops the AVG warning for a day or so but then it just comes back again.

Also, , it's been blocked by google. This is the second time this has happened. I deleted the old site off it and just uploaded a holding page. Was grand for the last few weeks n now its blocked again.. What the bananas is going on!?!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,987 ✭✭✭✭zAbbo

What's being loaded with Java, completely kills any browser I'm using

• Registered Users Posts: 7,828 ✭✭✭unklerosco

There shouldn't be anything that I'm aware of...

If u go directly to one of the sites pages its fine. It's just the home pages that are the problem

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,700 ✭✭✭tricky D

It appears that there's an iFrame injected into one of your sites which goes to xb6 .ru (do not go there!!) and this site hosts and probably distributes malware via the sites it infects. It probably has infected the other sites (I did not check)

I suggest you edit your posts and remove the links. DONE Anybody else going there might also pick it up. (I used an ancient browser.) zAbbo you'd be wise to do some scans.

If it works like gumblar, you'll need to do something like this: remove all of your site's contents (contact your host blacknight if you have problems here), clean your pc's for malware, viruses and maybe adware using the most up to date versions, I suggest you follow the instructions in this sticky "I think I have a virus" - Please Read & Try BEFORE Posting (Updated 04/06/09), then change passwords for loading content to your site from a clean pc which is not on your network (could go to a cybercafe). Then upload a clean version of the site which has no iframes.

Thanks for that... I'll check it out.

How does this happen(the iFrame getting onto my sites)??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,700 ✭✭✭tricky D

unklerosco wrote: »
    Thanks for that... I'll check it out.

How does this happen(the iFrame getting onto my sites)??

You've probably visited an infected site which has downloaded some malware to your pc, then it has grabbed your sites' ftp details and injected the iframe call into parts of those sites waiting for the next sucker to come by. That's how gumblar works, this sounds similar but I can't be sure as I'm not risking my own pc to do a full check.

Hth and good luck.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,987 ✭✭✭✭zAbbo

Some good advice there.

I'm on my mac, don't think I'm at risk.

Weird, I created the site on a laptop with a fresh install of Windows 7, hadn't even been online when I did the site.. Eitherway I'll take it down, wipe the laptop and rebuild the site...

Thanks for the advice.. I did have malware on the laptop, no idea how it got there.. Did a good few scans to make sure I got rid n changed my FTP logon details etc and redid the sites... So far so good..

Advertisement