Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Website

• 03-08-2008 10:09pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 59 ✭✭

Hi. I just wondered what would be the best free website builder for a photographer on the internet? you see i don't have 800 euro to get one build for me.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,145 ✭✭✭DonkeyStyle \o/

IMO, a blogger or wordpress.com account... maybe tied together with a flickr account if nessesary.

Moving to web dev board.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,119 ✭✭✭p

Is it a portfolio site for professional work, or what?

There's a few 'hosted portfolio' sites that cost a small amount, but are well wroth it.

www.carbonmade.com is has a free package you can play with and looks good and is aimed at designers and creative folks to host their portfolio.

Also, http://www.viewbook.com/ might be worth a look too.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,728 ✭✭✭dazftw

I offered you €20 to build a nice simple one for you? Thats no where near €800 Plus you could have told me your weren't interested and I wouldn't have done up some ideas for you :rolleyes:

The only free one I can think off is notepad, you can basically make a full website in notepad with a lot of coding knowledge!

Network with your people: https://www.builtinireland.ie/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 50 ✭✭Forsaken1

dazftw wrote: »
    I offered you €20 to build a nice simple one for you? Thats no where near €800 Plus you could have told me your weren't interested and I wouldn't have done up some ideas for you :rolleyes:

The only free one I can think off is notepad, you can basically make a full website in notepad with a lot of coding knowledge!

20 euro you should have bit his hand off!!
    I would've charged you 1,200.

:pac:Get a bank loan and pay me 1,200 for a class site!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,728 ✭✭✭dazftw

Forsaken1 wrote: »

Just curious what exactly would you do for 1200?

Like I said 20 cause ive only built one website before being www.darrencarlinphoto.com its simple but works.. Even though im redesigning it and it looks alot better. The plan is to keep doing them while I get better I charge more.. ive not made one for anyone yet though lol :pac:

Network with your people: https://www.builtinireland.ie/

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,461 Mod ✭✭✭✭Axwell

Forsaken1 wrote: »

Read the charter regarding advertising or offering to do work, you have posted 7 times alone in the Entrepreneurial & Business Management forum each post ending in you offering your services.

Advertisement