Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Irish Times - changes to subscription

• 17-02-2015 10:46am
    Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 6,616 Mod ✭✭✭✭

The IT has outlined a new subscription model this morning.
    While it will have detractors, the new model of €12 a month, with an introductory month at €1 has a major bonus for people who want to use the Digital Archive, because it is included.

This means that we go from €10 for 24 hours access to €12 for a full month. I'm waiting for clarification on whether you can sign up for a month at a time, or if you must take out a whole year, but it's a big improvement.*

Between this and the reductions at the Irish Newspaper Archive before Christmas, searching newspapers online has never been cheaper.

*ETA: subs auto-renew each month but you can give 10 days notice to cancel.

Genealogy Forum Mod

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 219 ✭✭gerdalt

Any clarification yet??
    Ger

OOOppss! missed the ETA !

• Registered Users Posts: 8,666 ✭✭✭Worztron

Why would someone pay for news online with so many free alternatives?

So long Irish Times.

Mitch Hedberg: "Rice is great if you're really hungry and want to eat two thousand of something."

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 11,300 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hermy

Anyone else sign up.
    Can't beat €1 for a months sub.

And I've found a few new things which didn't show up on the Find MY Past newspaper archive.
    Finally know where my mothers grandfather [who died the day she was born] was buried.

Genealogy Forum Mod

Anyone else having problems logging into the archive?

Genealogy Forum Mod

Working fine now.:confused:

Genealogy Forum Mod

• Advertisement
Advertisement