Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Big day tomorrow, start of my sleeve

• 19-01-2015 9:47pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,102 ✭✭✭

Flying to London early tomorrow to start my sleeve by an artist called Piotr Deadi Dedel. Nervous and excited. Any last minute tips ? I am a chef living in the West of Ireland and the theme is wild food from the area done in black and grey. I have 6 days booked over 4 trips in the next 3 months do hopefully will update as I go along

Comments

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 6,817 ✭✭✭jenizzle

No tips really - the first hour will be the worst, but once you're all ready to go and settled into the chair you'll be fine.

Had a quick look at some of his stuff, looks great for realism. Enjoy the experience :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,102 ✭✭✭am i bovvered

Well after the first meeting we discussed the tattoo and a few things changed, it still remains a wild food theme however firstly the forearm will now be colour, signifying daytime, summer and life, the inside of the arm will be black and grey signifying nighttime, winter and death.
    After spending the best part of 4 hrs figuring it all out we started which left about 4hrs of tattooing left. The attached pic is not finished as the sunlight has to hit the foliage yet but it contains, mushrooms, edible fern, nettles, blackberries and wild triangle of garlic flowers.
    Off again on Tuesday for another appointment.

• Registered Users Posts: 14 thebeast78

That is going to be Epic, is this your first??

thebeast78 wrote: »
    That is going to be Epic, is this your first??
    Thanks !!
    Couple of small (not great) ones most from nearly 20 years ago, 2 cover ups as part of this.
    Just finished another sitting and I am really happy with it.

• Registered Users Posts: 83 ✭✭Jeremyr

You getting the whole lot done in one go ?

I started mine 3 years ago and still in the process :)

• Advertisement

I had it booked to finish in April, but it's a lot more detailed that first planned. I need to book extra sessions today.
    I would hope to have it finished by May.

• Registered Users Posts: 763 ✭✭✭princemuzzy

Thanks !!
    Couple of small (not great) ones most from nearly 20 years ago, 2 cover ups as part of this.
    Just finished another sitting and I am really happy with it.

thats looking amazing so far pal

Finished the forearm 95% yesterday (day, summer, life)
    Starting the inner arm today (night, winter, death)
    :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,265 ✭✭✭dinorebel

Jeremyr wrote: »
    You getting the whole lot done in one go ?

I started mine 3 years ago and still in the process :)
    Finished the forearm 95% yesterday (day, summer, life)
    Starting the inner arm today (night, winter, death)
    :)
    I'm 2 years in with mine and doubt I have half that done:mad:

dinorebel wrote: »
    I'm 2 years in with mine and doubt I have half that done:mad:

How come ?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,265 ✭✭✭dinorebel

How come ?
    Cost life getting in the way whole bunch of stuff I will get it finished this year though hopefully.

Just finished tonight's session, the start of the darker side.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,917 ✭✭✭✭GT_TDI_150

Looks good!

Have you gone away from the initial food themes?

Whats looking at us from the middle of the winter side?

Thanks, sore today !!
    No it's still food, the deer skull (venison) and peering out in the background is a Hare. The upper arm is the moon with a flying woodcock.

• Registered Users Posts: 42 sharmander

Wow this is a wonderful sleeve. I love Piotr Deadi Dedel's work, I'm so jealous!

Advertisement