Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Watercolour tattoos

• 03-11-2014 10:17pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,957 ✭✭✭

Hi all,

I've been seeing some beautiful watercolour tattoo designs recently (example) and am interested in getting one as my first tattoo.

In terms of maintenance are these any different to the standard black tattoos?

Thanks!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 70 ✭✭jeanrose770

Wow! This is beautiful. I love how the color fades towards the bottom. Are you getting a hummingbird as well or something else?

• Registered Users Posts: 6 byrnee55

Very interested in this too, thinking of text "Certavi et Vici" over a watercolour background just under my collarbone. Similar to this: tattooboogaloo.com/images/katie/tattoo/k8text.jpg but maybe more colour in the background.

Anyone have any ideas of the best place to get watercolour in Dublin?

• Registered Users Posts: 192 ✭✭Glitter

Bumping this hoping to get some answers, I'd love to get something abstract done in watercolour ala Amanda Wachob's work as my next piece. Is there anyone in Dublin doing this kind of thing?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,512 ✭✭✭baby and crumble

Glitter wrote: »
    Bumping this hoping to get some answers, I'd love to get something abstract done in watercolour ala Amanda Wachob's work as my next piece. Is there anyone in Dublin doing this kind of thing?

I got mine done by Rachael in Wildcat in the Green. She did an amazing job, and mine looks as good as it did when I first got it (nearly 2 years ago). I just make sure and keep suncream on it when its exposed and if I want it to pop a little if I'm going out give it a fresh coat of moisturiser. :)

She's not only a great tattooist but a great artist. I gave her a basic brief and she designed something really beautiful that I constantly get compliments on.

Fab I will check her out. Thanks!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,674 ✭✭✭Peetrik

Anto from 'Spilled Ink' has been doing these as well

• Registered Users Posts: 699 ✭✭✭niallam

There's a girl called Martha in Navan who does a good bit of water colour stuff
    https://www.facebook.com/Shenaniganstattooemporium23

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,957 ✭✭✭Magenta

OP here.. I am STILL looking at ideas for this tattoo LOL.
    Ideally I would just like the rainbow part of the pic without the bird but went to 2 studios who both said the rainbow part would need some form of outline in it for "structure"??? They know best so I didn't argue and am back to the drawing board to find something amazing that will not look crap in a year's time :)

Thanks everyone for the suggestions, I have also heard good things about Colourworks so I think I will go and chat to a few of the suggested artists and see who is the most into it.

Magenta, thanks for letting me hijack your thread and I hope yours works out. That bird pic is lovely in your OP.

• Registered Users Posts: 69 ✭✭Stechkin

Wow! This is beautiful idia for may girlfrend

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 28 STintin

Cool! Looks awesome

Advertisement