Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Juice diet detox

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 613 ✭✭✭SeaDaily

MadDog76 wrote: »
    I would certainly trust human experience over research to be honest

Your lack of an education is showing...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,162 ✭✭✭MadDog76

Have it your way maddog. The sugar in juicing doesn't count as its nautral and if we want to crack cold fusion or cure cancer we'll just send the researchers to you for an interview. That should be all we need.

Good night and good luck

OP dont mind doing a 3 day detox. It's very hard to find research suggesting there is any truth to the 'detoxing' that can be done in 3 days. Its basically just a calorie restricted diet for 3 days. If you want to 'detox' before Xmas, just eat more fruit and veg.

Thank you!! :)

OP you don't need research .......... do it yourself and you'll see for yourself, good luck and enjoy!

• Registered Users Posts: 613 ✭✭✭SeaDaily

Ah ............ Bruno's mate!! :D

I didn't say that, what I said was ......... ah forget it, don't think I'll bother conversing with you either ......... been there, done that :rolleyes:

Ah yes, classic. You've been proven to be talking nonsense so you decide you don't want to discuss it any more. Very childish.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,906 ✭✭✭✭El_Duderino 09

SeaDaily wrote: »
    Your lack of an education is showing...

Why would you need an education when you could juice? Looks to me like juicing makes you a know all! Nothing to be gained by conversing with the like of you... mumble mumble... what do they know about the world... mumble mumble... they probably never juiced a day in their lives...

Why would you need an education when you could juice? Looks to me like juicing makes you a know all! Nothing to be gained by conversing with the like of you... mumble mumble... what do they know about the world... mumble mumble... they probably never juiced a day in their lives...

The only way to be educated in Juicing is to Juice .......... and it kinda does make you a know-it-all .......... when it comes to Juicing that is ;)

• Advertisement

The only way to be educated in Juicing is to Juice .......... and it kinda does make you a know-it-all .......... when it comes to Juicing that is ;)

No, It gives you an opinion based on your experience. You told me about poly-phenol earlier and I looked up the research to confirm it. I presume you know that the research I looked up didn't involve giving a guy a juice drink and asking his opinion on glucose absorption... right? If it wasn't for the research you wouldn't know a poly-phenol from polythene Pam.

No, It gives you an opinion based on your experience. You told me about poly-phenol earlier and I looked up the research to confirm it. I presume you know that the research I looked up didn't involve giving a guy a juice drink and asking his opinion on glucose absorption... right? If it wasn't for the research you wouldn't know a poly-phenol from polythene Pam.

Even if I/we didn't know what was in vegetable/fruit Juices and why it has the effect it does on humans it wouldn't change the benefits you experience through Juicing ......... research is nice but not always necessary.

Me telling you how great Juicing makes you feel isn't good enough for you ........... you need/want research "proof" so I gave you some ....... you're welcome.

• Registered Users Posts: 428 ✭✭Paddywiggum

if the OP is still around....

forget the idea of 'juice detox' or any other gimmick. If you want to detox i.e. cleanse your body, then your liver is your friend. To give your liver a hand drink lots of water, 3 to 4 litres a day. Combine with staying away from processed food and alcohol for a few days.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,550 ✭✭✭✭Alf Veedersane

Just remember you're also speaking to someone with a brain ........ someone who is far more knowledgeable about Juicing than you are ;)

More experienced, yes.

More knowledgeable? You have no idea.

if the OP is still around....

forget the idea of 'juice detox' or any other gimmick. If you want to detox i.e. cleanse your body, then your liver is your friend. To give your liver a hand drink lots of water, 3 to 4 litres a day. Combine with staying away from processed food and alcohol for a few days.

Good advice regarding the water and staying away from processed food & alcohol.

OP give your liver an extra hand by drinking freshly extracted fruit/vegetable Juices as well as taking on some of Paddywiggum's advice ..........

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,013 ✭✭✭generic2012

Even if I/we didn't know what was in vegetable/fruit Juices and why it has the effect it does on humans it wouldn't change the benefits you experience through Juicing ......... research is nice but not always necessary.

Me telling you how great Juicing makes you feel isn't good enough for you ........... you need/want research "proof" so I gave you some ....... you're welcome.

I juiced for three days in a row and got diabetes. That is 'true' as I experienced it. If experience is all you value you have to place as much trust in my claim as your own.

Can someone here please define 'detox' for me?

More experienced, yes.

More knowledgeable? You have no idea.

So now you're saying you are more knowledgeable than me when it comes to Juicing!?! :D

You, by your own admission, have never even tried it!!!! :D:D:D

I juiced for three days in a row and got diabetes. That is 'true' as I experienced it. If experience is all you value you have to place as much trust in my claim as your own.

Can someone here please define 'detox' for me?

You "got" diabetes because you drank Juice for three days ........... is that really what you're saying!?! :D

OP give your liver an extra hand by drinking freshly extracted fruit/vegetable Juices as well as taking on some of Paddywiggum's advice ..........

Juicing is a process. Saying 'stay away from processed food' and 'drink fruit and vegetable juice' is contradictory.

Which is it? drink fruit/vegetable juice or don't eat processed foods? because it can't be both.

You "got" diabetes because you drank Juice for three days ........... is that really what you're saying!?! :D

Yes. You might have read that that can't happen, but I've experienced it.

So now you're saying you are more knowledgeable than me when it comes to Juicing!?! :D

You, by your own admission, have never even tried it!!!! :D:D:D

Again, you don't need to try something to know about it. And I never claimed to know more than anyone about anything. I said you have no basis for claiming to get more knowledgeable.

What you 'know' is your experience.

Knowledge =/= experience.

But look, good luck with it. I'll do what works for me, you do what works for you.

• Registered Users Posts: 32 tealcottage

Juc

Juicing is a process. Saying 'stay away from processed food' and 'drink fruit and vegetable juice' is contradictory.

Which is it? drink fruit/vegetable juice or don't eat processed foods? because it can't be both.

So exactly what "processed foods" were you advising the OP to avoid ......... and what alternative food were you advising the OP to eat .......... or were you advising the OP to just drink water??? :confused:

Yes. You might have read that that can't happen, but I've experienced it.

Good man yourself ........... get well soon :)

Again, you don't need to try something to know about it. And I never claimed to know more than anyone about anything. I said you have no basis for claiming to get more knowledgeable.

What you 'know' is your experience.

Knowledge =/= experience.

But look, good luck with it. I'll do what works for me, you do what works for you.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 428 ✭✭Paddywiggum

nope just water will do.

but to wade in on this....

no fruit < juicing < whole fruit.

nope just water will do.

but to wade in on this....

Just water?? That's starvation ......... not good advice at all :(

Just whole fruit?? What about all the "sugar"!!??!!!

Ok ......... so my advice to the OP differs from yours then :)

• Registered Users Posts: 979 ✭✭✭Bruno26

Ah Bruno .......... haven't spoken to you since ........ well since you were banned :) Are you actually telling me what to do!?! :D

Don't think I'll bother conversing with you here, it didn't work out too well for you last time ........ see ya! ;)

Not telling you- telling others. You've been brainwashed. Your posts about juicing are simply false. Your smiley faces make them appear even more ridiculous. You get the best parts of fruit and veg from eating them whole- this is fact.
    I actually did the juicing craze years ago after discovering Jason Vale. Thankfully I saw sense. As for juice satisfying your appetite that is total bull.

So exactly what "processed foods" were you advising the OP to avoid ......... and what alternative food were you advising the OP to eat .......... or were you advising the OP to just drink water??? :confused:

I've never once advised anyone to avoid 'processed food', it's a meaningless term. If you wash a food it's processed, if you package food it's processed. Certain foods contain toxins that can only be eliminated through cooking/heating/sterilised - all forms of processing, telling people not to eat processed food is the height of stupidity.
    Good man yourself ........... get well soon :)

I started eating whole foods, I'm cured.

Bruno26 wrote: »
    Maddog you are coming up with some outrageous stuff.

Eat the fruit and eat the veg. Have an odd juice if you can't do this but don't replace meals with juice.

http://sciencequestionswithchris.wordpress.com/2013/12/02/is-fruit-juice-healthier-than-whole-fruit/
    Bruno26 wrote: »
    Not telling you- telling others. You've been brainwashed. Your posts about juicing are simply false. Your smiley faces make them appear even more ridiculous. You get the best parts of fruit and veg from eating them whole- this is fact.
    I actually did the juicing craze years ago after discovering Jason Vale. Thankfully I saw sense. As for juice satisfying your appetite that is total bull.

:p

Just whole fruit?? What about all the "sugar"!!??!!!

You still don't understand the sugar discussion. The point was that the sugar in fruits is treated the same as table sugar, not that table sugar is as good as fruit.,

Aaaaaaaaand that's a wrap, folks.

• Registered Users Posts: 979 ✭✭✭Bruno26

:p

The juice continues to decrease your maturity.

You didn't supply the evidence. The researchers supplied the evidence. You're using words you don't understand and I'm kind of embarrassed for you.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,991 ✭✭✭metamorphosis

Iv juiced ... not as a way of eliminating meals but I have juiced ... nada difference here and I did it for a while in order to increase my F/G intake .... juicing doesn't satiate my appetite ... So, in essence, my intake increased and my solid food intake stayed the same as it didnt fill me.

I much prefer to chew and sit and enjoy me F/G and all other food. That makes me satisfied.

It's utterly ridiculous to claim that one persons experience stands for more people. Food and satiety and nutrition as a science is in its infancy and different people prefer and react and thrive om different things in different manners.

Oh ... and it's pretty much FACT (you know - PROVEN, not anecdotal) that one of the many things the liver and kidney do are 'detox' (hate that word - made up to make people buy into things like in order to feel good and holistic - fantastic marketing and branding efforts). Juicing doesn't help detox. Yes, go ahead and juice veg - it's good but its not better than eating it whole.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement