Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

IEC 2014 Stage 2 Thread - All Stage 2 questions here!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭jack157

Nothing you already paid . It stays zero

You're a good soul.

Just to get fresh passport pics before i submit. Congrats to everyone who already got their poe

• Registered Users Posts: 11 Lawra90

Hey :) Could anyone tell me if I need to upload a copy of an american visa I had from 2 years ago along with my passport info page? Or is it only if I lived there for over 6 months that I need to do that?

*was only there for 2 months but that visa is in my current passport..

• Registered Users Posts: 4 NinetyOne

Lawra90 wrote: »
    Hey :) Could anyone tell me if I need to upload a copy of an american visa I had from 2 years ago along with my passport info page? Or is it only if I lived there for over 6 months that I need to do that?

I would imagine that it is only if you have lived there for me than 6 months Lawra, that seems to be their threshold for whether or not you have to even mention being abroad.

Quick question for everyone else, completing the IMM1295e here, the UCI definitely remains blank if you have never previously applied, yes?

Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 92 ✭✭ravingitup

NinetyOne wrote: »

Quick question for everyone else, completing the IMM1295e here, the UCI definitely remains blank if you have never previously applied, yes?

Thanks.

Yes, the UCI remains blank if you're a first-timer, as far as I'm aware.

• Registered Users Posts: 4 JnGL91

Lawra90 wrote: »

*was only there for 2 months but that visa is in my current passport..

For the mycic, stage two, you scan the identification page and every page of your passport that has been stamped. (stage one (kompass) is just the identification page)

I have 15 pages of stamps and visas for different countries filled up in my passport, I scanned them all and then merged the PDFs to create one PDF, reduced it to a smaller size and then uploaded this.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭MaggieRow747

Hey has anyone had to do the medical check, just wondering does anyone no if it takes long to get ther cert or would they give it to you then and there :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 570 ✭✭✭EI-DOR

This was just posted on the ICAN fb page!
    This from the Irish Canadian Immigration Center

IEC update for those applying from NI:

you should not be asked for a garda cert unless you have lived in the Republic. If asked by CIC, upload a letter of explanation. Tell them citizens of NI often hold Irish passports despite not living in the Republic. Ask them to check with the IEC before refusing you as this was an issue in 2013 that the IEC got corrected. Tell them the IEC is aware of this 'complication' again this year.

• Registered Users Posts: 350 ✭✭guest124

So.... can we discuss the photo for a moment :) what has everyone done for this? Especially the people with Poe letters!

I'm going to get passport photo taken at chemist on Saturday. Just scan and upload it? Or use one of them sites to make sure its right size, etc.?
    Im not too worried about it cause it wont be cause for rejection but it's the one part of the application that's got me scratching my head!

• Registered Users Posts: 68 ✭✭Flutterby33

Stage 2..woohoo!

So my new passport came yesterday, there was only a year left on the old one. Should I just change the passport no. in Kompass and apply with the new one or will applying to each stage with a different passport no. go against me? (seems obvious to go with the new one, but no harm in getting a second opinion)

So my new passport came yesterday, there was only a year left on the old one. Should I just change the passport no. in Kompass and apply with the new one or will applying to each stage with a different passport no. go against me? (seems obvious to go with the new one, but no harm in getting a second opinion)

To be safe I would just finish the process with your old passport and then update the Kompass Account to your new one when you get the POE in hand!

• Advertisement

EI-DOR wrote: »
    To be safe I would just finish the process with your old passport and then update the Kompass Account to your new one when you get the POE in hand!

Thanks EI .Do you think they check the passport no. on their system though? because if they did they would see that it's not valid

I'm sure they will!
    ''Your passport needs to be valid for your entire stay when you arrive at the port of entry in Canada.
    However, to apply for the IEC your passport simply needs to be valid at the time you submit your application. If your passport is soon to run out, you can first submit your IEC application and then renew your passport but only after you have received your LOI (Letter of Introduction). You'll then need to contact them to let them know your passport details have changed. When you apply for the IEC don't mention that you're renewing your passport as this is not allowed. Wait until you've received the LOI, then apply for the new passport.''

EI-DOR wrote: »
    I'm sure they will!

Hmm.. maybe this is very simple but I'm completely over-thinking it!
    if I apply with the old one, they will check and see that it is not valid, if I apply with the new one they may have a problem with me applying to each stage with a different passport number.
    Hindsight is wonderful.. I should have waited to renew it...

Hmm.. maybe this is very simple but I'm completely over-thinking it!
    if I apply with the old one, they will check and see that it is not valid, if I apply with the new one they may have a problem with me applying to each stage with a different passport number.
    Hindsight is wonderful.. I should have waited to renew it...

As I said above finish the process with your old passport. It MAY cause problems updating it now. I believe if you update it before getting the CAL then you get into trouble. Wait until you get the POE and then update the passport number. You will need to take both passports to Canada when you go anyway!

Thanks a million!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,238 ✭✭✭Kaizersoze81

anyone having trouble logging into cic account? Im definitely putting in the right details and its saying incorrect details

Logging in fine for me!

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,654 Mod ✭✭✭✭Faith

Has anyone applied for UK police clearance? They practically want a stool sample signed by the president :mad:

Has anyone applied for UK police clearance? They practically want a stool sample signed by the president

I have Faith. Should have mine in the post tomorrow or Friday. I applied via the ACRO!

• Registered Users Posts: 4 tipperary ontario

My computer wont let me save my cal, anyone have any ideas on what i can do?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17 mushacles

GrumPy wrote: »
    How strict are they about the photo?
    My epassportphoto.com one that I generated was perfect dimensions, but the file size was less than 50kb, so I went for the larger one, and it's 96k, and well over the minimum pixel density. (which is 420x540 I think)

The CIC page says it can't be any smaller than 60k in file size.
    So I have one photo that's perfect (minimum) dimensions, that's file size is too small.... And I have a larger, second image 600x840, (a good bit over minimum required size) that's 96k (bigger than the minimum 60k...)
    I used http://www.idphoto4you.com/ - did the job perfectly.

guest124 wrote: »
    So.... can we discuss the photo for a moment :) what has everyone done for this? Especially the people with Poe letters!

I'm going to get passport photo taken at chemist on Saturday. Just scan and upload it? Or use one of them sites to make sure its right size, etc.?
    Im not too worried about it cause it wont be cause for rejection but it's the one part of the application that's got me scratching my head!

I got someone to take a photo of me with my phone. I was stood against a gray wall. I then uploaded it to http://www.idphoto4you.com/. From step 1 on the homepage of http://www.idphoto4you.com/:

1. choose canada from the list of countries
    2. Choose "Visa (3.5 x 4.5 cm)" from the "photo" drop down
    3. Choose "Single photo" from the "print size" drop down
    4. Upload the photo you took

You'll then be brought to a second screen which will allow you to rotate and position your face correctly so that it's the right dimensions and space.

That's what I used anyway and I got my POE on Monday.

parabol wrote: »
    I got an e-mail yesterday evening to say "Your application has been updated...etc" but when I logged into my CIC account nothing had changed :( It's still only the first message to say my application had been submitted. I don't know why they insist on playing with my emotions!

You might get a couple of these - they're basically sent when someone in CIC is accessing your application and doing stuff in the background. The email you want to see come in says "You have a new message in your CIC" as opposed to "Your application has been updated"

• Registered Users Posts: 691 ✭✭✭goingitalone

mushacles wrote: »
    I got someone to take a photo of me with my phone. I was stood against a gray wall. I then uploaded it to http://www.idphoto4you.com/. From step 1 on the homepage of http://www.idphoto4you.com/:

You'll then be brought to a second screen which will allow you to rotate and position your face correctly so that it's the right dimensions and space.

likewise same got poe doing my photo withthis method no issues

mushacles wrote: »

Thanks! I did try all that today but we couldn't get a good photo off my camera, think it was the lighting in the room so I didnt bother downloading it. It just didnt look right. Might try again tomorrow :D

I just re-sized the photo in Photoshop and set the correct DPI!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,138 ✭✭✭foxy06

Does the passport copy need to be signed by anyone before uploading to mycic?

foxy06 wrote: »
    Does the passport copy need to be signed by anyone before uploading to mycic?

I don't really understand this "passport copy"? like the scan of identify page of passport? Or passport style photo for mycic?
    For either Im going to say no.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,238 ✭✭✭Kaizersoze81

POE arrived. It states valid until 26/3/2015 though. It should be 2016 !! I'm currently in canada on the 1 year iec which applied for in 2012. Arrives in May 2013 and current one expires may 2014. Why have they only issued it for 1 year ?

• Advertisement

POE arrived. It states valid until 26/3/2015 though. It should be 2016 !! I'm currently in canada on the 1 year iec which applied for in 2012. Arrives in May 2013 and current one expires may 2014. Why have they only issued it for 1 year ?

Thats the ‘use by' date no? The date to enter Canada by...

Advertisement