Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

All things WeightWatchers MkIII- *** Mod note- no links to blogs please**

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 365 ✭✭dammitj

Lately I've been having some melba toast with extra light philly and a boiled egg with an orange and a cup of tea!
    I like lots of little bits to eat as it makes me feel like I'm eating loads.
    ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,172 ✭✭✭cosmic

For breakfast, I would usually have:

30g porridge oats cooked in water, mixed through with mashed banana and cinnamon - 3pp
    or
    30g Bran flakes with skimmed milk with sliced banana or strawberries in - 3pp for the Bran Flakes and 3pp for 1/2 pint of skimmed milk used throughout the day.
    or
    1 slice Dunnes Better for You bread toasted with 15g peanut butter - 4pp
    or
    1 slice Dunnes Better for You bread toasted with 10g low low spread and 1 hard boiled egg - 4pp

That's on weekdays before I head to work. At weekends I usually have whatever I fancy because I'm not in a rush.

• Registered Users Posts: 115 ✭✭RachaelFergie

Ok so 3 weeks to holidays, just tore the ligament in my foot doing aerobics have at least 7lb to loose... What the f**k do I do now

• Registered Users Posts: 3,014 ✭✭✭Monife

Down 3lb!!! :D:D:D:D Absolutely delighted. Don't know where that came from, was good with my food but had a bold lunch 2 days ago and only went to the gym once. Finally my hard work is paying off.

AND... I am finally in the 14's :D 14st 13.5lb :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 863 ✭✭✭Eabhabear

Monife wrote: »
    Down 3lb!!! :D:D:D:D Absolutely delighted. Don't know where that came from, was good with my food but had a bold lunch 2 days ago and only went to the gym once. Finally my hard work is paying off.

Congrats I know how much that means to you :) You are proof that hard work and keeping at it pays off!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 261 ✭✭Danii86

That's brill girl!!! U must be delighted!!!! Well done and keep it up!!! :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 515 ✭✭✭ck83

Oh well done you! I just love breaking into a new stone bracket!! You've worked so hard for this! Fair play to you for sticking with it!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 52 ✭✭Jewow

Hi everyone, I've been back at WW since mid May and I went well for about a month and have since not gone to meetings and am up and down weight wise and have lost 7lbs,
    I've decided that I'm going to kickstart things by having smoothies/soup and a good dinner and therefore staying within 28 points most days. Anyone got any good smoothie recipes? or can ye recommend whether to add something like flaxseed or protein powder to the smoothie to increase the benefit. Thanks in advance.

• Registered Users Posts: 351 ✭✭CavanGal

Jewow wrote: »
    Anyone got any good smoothie recipes? or can ye recommend whether to add something like flaxseed or protein powder to the smoothie to increase the benefit.

I have smoothies for breakfast most days and I usually put in some frozen fruit, 2 tablespoons of low fat natural yoghurt, a banana and some OJ. I often throw in some porridge oats to bulk it up. You can get lovely frozen summer fruits in Tesco. I find frozen handier than fresh as they make the smoothie lovely and cold and if you decide to have something else for a few days, it won't go off.

So my "Weigh In" was this morning, i.e. me in the bathroom with my WW scales. My OH is supposed to be my leader but of course, for my first WI he was away. I was down a 1lb which Im delighted with as I kind of went mad last night on purple snacks as they are the OH's but when the cat's away... Anyway I'm down into the 11s now! At last! Its been slow going but hopefully I will be more committed now. 1.5lbs next week for my first stone. I think I will buy myself a little stone for my OH to give me :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,090 ✭✭✭tiny_penguin

Heading off today to knockanstockan. Don't think I'm in the right Ww mindset at all for this. Can envisage myself eating and drinking rings around myself. Gonna ask my OH to keep an eye on it for me, I know he hates doing that though cos he doesn't want to make me feel bad by pointing out things I maybe shouldn't be eating. But sure fingers crossed it all works out!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,676 ✭✭✭Chong

Heading off today to knockanstockan. Don't think I'm in the right Ww mindset at all for this. Can envisage myself eating and drinking rings around myself. Gonna ask my OH to keep an eye on it for me, I know he hates doing that though cos he doesn't want to make me feel bad by pointing out things I maybe shouldn't be eating. But sure fingers crossed it all works out!
    Just wanted to say I have been reading your blog this morning, fair play and some lovely recipes on there, you should be very proud. You have a new follower in me :)

I need to stop having sneak peeks during the week or nearly every day as its doing my head in , my weight fluctuates like crazy. I am off out tonight for dinner so need to be really good and I am also eating out tomorrow so I am dreading my Monday WI. I am going to a big walk tomorrow morning and Sunday to make sure I get as much excercise in as possible. My next 7 is 2.4lbs away and I am craving it so bad, when I reach that, I will be 2 stone down and in sight of 15 stone for the first time in 2 years.

Chong wrote: »
    Just wanted to say I have been reading your blog this morning, fair play and some lovely recipes on there, you should be very proud. You have a new follower in me :)

I need to stop having sneak peeks during the week or nearly every day as its doing my head in , my weight fluctuates like crazy. I am off out tonight for dinner so need to be really good and I am also eating out tomorrow so I am dreading my Monday WI. I am going to a big walk tomorrow morning and Sunday to make sure I get as much excercise in as possible. My next 7 is 2.4lbs away and I am craving it so bad, when I reach that, I will be 2 stone down and in sight of 15 stone for the first time in 2 years.

Thanks so much :-) Glad you like it. You're progress so far has been fantastic, watching your updates on here and its loss after loss. Best of luck getting your next 7 and getting into the new stone bracket. I'm pretty much the same, 2.5lbsoff my next 7 and stone but with the weekend in it it might be a couple of weeks away!

I used to be terrible for the sneak peeks. I dont even havea scales any more so the only time I can do it is at the gym (havent been in months) and atmy parents house. Weight fluctuates so much so really it just causes more anxiety - tyr hiding the scales, putting it out of sight. Easier said than done I know but sure its something to think about!

• Registered Users Posts: 9 1brokegirl

Hi all. Long time lurker...:D
    Find this great, get so many tips and recipes - just to say thanks to everyone that puts so much effort into their posts. Im doing ww at home, and have always been on/off...good weeks/bad weeks. really started to take it serious in the last few weeks as have a bridesmaid dress to get into in a few months...a very-silky-stick-to-every-thing- kind of dress:(. Exercise is soo important i know, so along with ww @home and this thread iv decided to start exercising. im very lazy:D. So I'v decided to start a casual exercise group (can't think of a better name) - just a gang of people meeting up for a walk/SLOW jog etc in cork city. No definite plans yet and open to ideas. Iv just posted about it in the Cork City Forum yesterday, so if there is anybody here that is interested in coming along (if we get set up) please pm me. Hope thats ok to post here ?? Thanks, and plz keep the tips and ideas coming they are great. :D

Thanks so much :-) Glad you like it. You're progress so far has been fantastic, watching your updates on here and its loss after loss. Best of luck getting your next 7 and getting into the new stone bracket. I'm pretty much the same, 2.5lbsoff my next 7 and stone but with the weekend in it it might be a couple of weeks away!

I used to be terrible for the sneak peeks. I dont even havea scales any more so the only time I can do it is at the gym (havent been in months) and atmy parents house. Weight fluctuates so much so really it just causes more anxiety - tyr hiding the scales, putting it out of sight. Easier said than done I know but sure its something to think about!
    You are 100% right I need to hide the scales, cause my sneak peeks are too regular now and it only brings on disappointment when the only disappointment I should have is on WI day if I havent lost anything.

Thanks so much, the weight was dropping off for weeks but has slowed right down over the past two weeks, hopefully I stay good this weekend. It really is a weekend I should be drinking but I am sticking to my plan of staying off the booze till my holidays at the end of next month.

There is no point in breaking that promise to myself for the sake of a few beers tonight and tomorrow as it will be all the sweeter on my hols having been off it for more than 3 months. My OH is always telling me I have extreme will power and determination for being able to avoid bold foods and drinks. I also love the fact that this week most notably people in work have been commenting on how much weight I have lost which is real boost.

I am sure you will be great the weekend with Knockanstockan, just try and watch what you are eating and drinking, and if you go over a few points you will prob just have an STS at your next weigh in. Enjoy the weekend, and dont over think things you will know after 7 months? what points are in things etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 440 ✭✭Taz1

Best of luck & enjoy yourself!

• Registered Users Posts: 242 ✭✭s.a.man

I have a problem somewhat with my weight watchers weigh in and here is why....

I have been on ww 2 months now and according to my records I lost 10 lbs in total so about 3 weeks ago our ww leader left and we have a new leader now and when I was ready to get on the scale last week I asked the leader just to tell me exactly again how much I have lost in total and she told me I had only lost 7.5 lbs in the 2months of being back on ww? Something doesnt sound right to me, so I told the leader that with the recordings I made of my losses every week since our prev leader left doesnt add up to what she had just told me, so she replied with an answer I wasnt quite ready to hear, she said that its all recorded on my ww card, so it made me question if I was recording everything wrong in the first place or if the ww scale doesnt say the same as my previous leader? I don't know

What I want to know, has anyone ever experienced this before? I cannot believe and do not believe that I only lost 7.5 in 2 months of being back on ww as I do remember having some big losses throughout my first month with my biggest being my first week that I lost 3.5 lbs

s.a.man wrote: »
    I have a problem somewhat with my weight watchers weigh in and here is why....

I have been on ww 2 months now and according to my records I lost 10 lbs in total so about 3 weeks ago our ww leader left and we have a new leader now and when I was ready to get on the scale last week I asked the leader just to tell me exactly again how much I have lost in total and she told me I had only lost 7.5 lbs in the 2months of being back on ww? Something doesnt sound right to me, so I told the leader that with the recordings I made of my losses every week since our prev leader left doesnt add up to what she had just told me, so she replied with an answer I wasnt quite ready to hear, she said that its all recorded on my ww card, so it made me question if I was recording everything wrong in the first place or if the ww scale doesnt say the same as my previous leader? I don't know

What I want to know, has anyone ever experienced this before? I cannot believe and do not believe that I only lost 7.5 in 2 months of being back on ww as I do remember having some big losses throughout my first month with my biggest being my first week that I lost 3.5 lbs

Have you been in ww before? If so, and if you're using the same card, you're starting weight will be recorded as your weight on the day you got that card first, and not your starting weight on this occasion if you know what I mean? So say for example, if you joined ww in jan 2010, and you weighed 15 st to start off with. then you left after a couple of months, and then rejoined in jan 2012 with a starting weight of 16 st, your card would show a gain of 1 st. You would have to lose that stone first before the computer would start recognising your losses.
    My mam and I joined in together in jan, and she used an old card, so that's what happened her. I was aware of this, and just didn't use my old card.

That's the only explanation I can think of for the mix up. I don't think those computers lie usually!!

• Registered Users Posts: 242 ✭✭s.a.man

ck83 wrote: »
    Have you been in ww before? If so, and if you're using the same card, you're starting weight will be recorded as your weight on the day you got that card first, and not your starting weight on this occasion if you know what I mean? So say for example, if you joined ww in jan 2010, and you weighed 15 st to start off with. then you left after a couple of months, and then rejoined in jan 2012 with a starting weight of 16 st, your card would show a gain of 1 st. You would have to lose that stone first before the computer would start recognising your losses.
    My mam and I joined in together in jan, and she used an old card, so that's what happened her. I was aware of this, and just didn't use my old card.

That's the only explanation I can think of for the mix up. I don't think those computers lie usually!!

I only use one card and I have been going to ww continuously since I joined 2months ago! I started writing it down on the ww member record card to keep track of it in writing instead, with a date next to it so I know now! I use to record everything on a app on my phone and it still bothers me that it doesn't add!

Dreading my WI as ever tomorrow ate too well this weekend uh oh.

Today I am absolutely blown away and yet so so so so happy with my WI this morning, I dont know what I did or how I did but I blitzed it last week, here goes:

Starting weight (male) : 17st 13.2lbs
    Height : 6ft 5
    Begin date: 28/05/2012

Last weight on 23/7/2012 : 16st 1.0lbs

Todays weight : 15st 9.8lbs

Total weight loss : 2st 3.4lbs or 31.4lbs

Last week I lost 5.2, absolutely ecstatic. I love weight watchers :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5 petal28

Hi ladies, long time since I have posted here, have totally lost my motivation, I have gone back up to 10 stone from my goal of 9 5 which I was this time last year, have been going back to my meetings for last 7 weeks and have only managed to loose 2 pounds then either stay the same or put on 1 a pound, no real losses, my leader isn't much help at the minute she has put me on 26 points and we have changed my foods etc but weight not moving, I still doing my exercise etc, help any tips, starting to get really down about this I know i don't have s lot to loose but when you reach your goal is horrible to pile on pounds again, HELP

I wasn't too bad this weekend (compared to usually!) and even treated myself to a beautiful new leather jacket which has put me in great form!

I "weigh in" at home on Friday mornings so am hoping this Friday that I am back on track (gave myself last week off weigh in due to the week in Chicago).

Portugal in October and I would give anything to be able to wear a bikini! *sigh*

Happy Monday everyone!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 58 ✭✭1ehkrjq6x2opfm

petal28 wrote: »
    Hi ladies, long time since I have posted here, have totally lost my motivation, I have gone back up to 10 stone from my goal of 9 5 which I was this time last year, have been going back to my meetings for last 7 weeks and have only managed to loose 2 pounds then either stay the same or put on 1 a pound, no real losses, my leader isn't much help at the minute she has put me on 26 points and we have changed my foods etc but weight not moving, I still doing my exercise etc, help any tips, starting to get really down about this I know i don't have s lot to loose but when you reach your goal is horrible to pile on pounds again, HELP

It's a shame that you're feeling a bit glum about the WW, but stick with it. Im three weeks in and 6lbs down. My next WI is Thursday and I'm dreading it as I have been eating rings round myself since Saturday....anyway, why don't you talk to your leader about the foods you're eating - are you tracking like a mofo???

Good luck - it'll pick up! Dont worry!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,818 ✭✭✭fussyonion

Hi everyone!

I've been in WeightWatcher's for two and a half years but recently, due to some personal problems, I've had no weight losses (entirely my fault).
    I was talking to a friend who was a WW member and had joined Slimming World and she was losing weight steadily, so I thought I'd go along and see what it was like.
    Well, I have to say, I'm glad I went.

I can now safely say WeightWatcher's is so much better.

I know I've only been to one SW meeting, but I cannot understand how, on the SW programme, you can eat as much meat, fish and poultry, pasta, rice and potatoes as you like, and still lose weight.
    There also seemed to be very little allowance for treats and alcohol.
    I know people have lost weight on SW, but what I love about WW is that there are guidelines and portion sizes and really, a healthy person *should* be monitoring their portion sizes.
    Surely it can't be good to eat as much pasta/meat/rice as you like?
    So, enough of the ranting.

I've been to the other side and I can't understand how it can seriously work (for me), so its back to WW for me.
    At least in WW you have a daily allowance plus the lovely weekly of 49 for a social life.
    I'm glad to be back-it feels like home! :)

Another weight watching week folks!! Good luck! Had a good enough week up until today, when things got a bit out of control. Problem was id used my weeklies up by sat, so had no safety net (note to self- don't do that again!) Have been good on the activity pp, so hopefully the damage will be limited. Will be super good tomorrow, and will just have to take whatever comes my "weigh" on wednesday! I feel like this journey will never end, though at least this week I've regained some bit of control!

What a weekend!! WW went out the window for it, and I cant even blame the drink. I guess that might be my saving grace in that I didnt drink too much. I didnt even attempt to count my propoints and I didnt stop when I got back this morning. I am goingto be up tomorrow - there is no doubt about it. But its one week and its well deserved. Jumping back on the wagon as of now and whatever is up tomorrow will be down next week.

Non scales victory - i was assessing the damage in the mirror today and my boyfriend said I looked skinnier than I ever have today. He was prob trying to make me feel better and it worked :D Also got my hair cut to match my slimmed down face and feel like a new woman!!

Good luck with WI's this week evryone.

I was feeling so lazy last night that I didn't bother with the gym but around 8.30 I went for a lovely walk and I'm so glad I did as I slept like a log last night!
    It's amazing what the bit of fresh air can do!

Anyway, I have my melba toast and x light philly this morning for brekkie (with an egg from the canteen) and I can't wait as I'm staaaaarving!!

Gluten-free, wheat-free etc. bread for lunch with ham and low fat cheese.
    It's a pity the PP for that bread are the same as regular bread, you'd think they'd be lower wouldn't you?

But anything that stops me from bloating has to be good! :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 175 ✭✭tryagain2012

Oh Help I'm off work for 2 weeks and a can't stop eating don't want to be very strick while I'm off but don't want to do major damage either. Other half did a weight session with me in gym on Sunday and my legs are still on agony can't run can hardly walk :) hopefully will feel better tomorrow and can get back to some major exercise fingers crossed

• Registered Users Posts: 261 ✭✭Danii86

WI this eve and I just know its gona b bad!!! Iv had a terrible week, was eating all around me as I was feelin bored and a bit down all week, kept the exercise up a bit, no walking but got in my 3 c25k runs. Its also not goin to help that I'm goin frm a morn WI last week to an eve WI this week....that's +2 lbs without any shift in my actual weight!! Hopefuly I'll get a kick in the ass tho to get me moving again!!!
    Good luck to every1 this week!! :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 311 ✭✭siobhanoh

I had a pinnacle moment earlier, I was very close to not going to my class. I completely epitomised gluttony over the last few days. I don’t know what goes on in my head! I was considering not going to my WI, normally I just pop in at lunch time to WI and go but I got delayed in work so my lunch was delayed so I decided to go to the class and stay for it. I enjoyed it but at the same time I just feel like I am on a different page to everyone else. I was only up a pound, which I was surprised with but I STS last week so I really need to up my game.

My problem is that I have not got much money to spend on weight loss this month.

I am debating whether to spend the €60 for a month’s gym membership. I paid it last month and didn’t use it once. I have been doing the 30 Day Shred (sparingly!) and a lot of walking and running. I do like the spin classes but I am worried I won’t get my money’s worth.

I find it hard to buy nice healthy food and keep it fresh when cooking for one. I am lucky to live near the office so I can be at home for breakfast, lunch and dinner but if I am to do it on the cheap this month I will be eating the same thing all the time. Eg. Take a chicken breast and salmon out of the freezer each day, salmon and salad for lunch and chicken stir fry for dinner.

I am also considering investing in a WW scales instead of going to meetings. Does anybody do this? €40 for one month’s meetings could get me a decent scales and would last me a lot longer!

I love this forum and find it more helpful than the meetings for ideas and motivation etc.

Would really appreciate any ideas/suggestions from you guys. Feeling like I am hitting that wall…

Advertisement