Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

broadband Bill

Options
  • 29-01-2004 9:29pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1

I have just received my first IOL Broadband bill. I should have a free month, No connection fee andstill I have an "IOL Broadband charge" of 132.76.
    Trying the free phone line is a waste of time.
    Any help out there.
    Regards
    Richard

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,143 ✭✭✭spongebob

if they wont answer the phone then email Bill .

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,659 ✭✭✭✭dahamsta

He got an email bill too?

sorry

Your dear friend Bill of whom you speak so highly Adam

M

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,659 ✭✭✭✭dahamsta

Me and Phil and Bill should get together for drinks.

....after you get Etains old job of course ye will .

M

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,714 ✭✭✭Ryaner

I'm not sure what number your trying. Try 1800924924 - I've rang it twice and within two minutes was talking to an agent.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 189 ✭✭raster

Originally posted by richdon52
    I have just received my first IOL Broadband bill. I should have a free month, No connection fee andstill I have an "IOL Broadband charge" of 132.76.
    Trying the free phone line is a waste of time.
    Any help out there.
    Regards
    Richard

At least you get a bill, they just take direct debits from current account, on a different date, every two months, usually for varying amounts, with no explanation of the fluctuations, just a narrative of ESAT FUSION.

This has been the case for Nolimits, Netsmart, Anytime and now a few days ago the first Broadband debit was taken.

It was 98.xx, I thought the first month was meant to be free, making it 49.49?
    on no, let me guess the term used was probably "one month free" not "first month free" so they can make it the last month, by which time the offer will be forgotten.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 34 Arsemonger

For whatever reason,the 'one month free' only applies to the final month of the IOLBB contract should you chose to leave EsatBT.

Also as soon as your account is activated you are charged a month (€49.49) in advance as well as the first months access (another €49.49)

Finally (still with me?) its more than likely that upn recieving your first IOLBB bill you probably have been signed up for a month and a bit.The 'bit' in my case amounted to something like €7.44.Thus my first bill amounted to €106.42

Or something like that :confused::confused::confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 189 ✭✭raster

Originally posted by Arsemonger
    For whatever reason,the 'one month free' only applies to the final month of the IOLBB contract should you chose to leave EsatBT.

I wonder what the reason is? ;)
    Originally posted by Arsemonger
    ...upn recieving your first IOLBB bill...

Did you actually receive a paper/email bill?
    Does it describe what you are for eg "IOL Broadband Jan & Feb"?

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 22,460 Mod ✭✭✭✭bk

Make sure to get everything in detailed writing.

The trick is that they hope you will forget about the free month at the end, plus the first month in advance.

They completely forgot about mine when I was cancelling nolimits.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,638 ✭✭✭Iago

Your free month should be the first month on your bill, certainly was in my case anyway.

I'd say it's more likely that an agent forgot to apply the discount due!!

Call them on their customer care number 1800 923 222 and complain, they probably won't give you the money back but they will have to put a credit on your account..

Advertisement