Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

which subjects out of these did you find easiest?

Options
  • 18-08-2011 3:41pm
    Registered Users Posts: 113 ✭✭

Just curious, want to see what people think...

which one 29 votes

biology
    0% 0 votes
    history
    62% 18 votes
    religion
    20% 6 votes
    ag science
    6% 2 votes
    economics
    10% 3 votes

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 764 ✭✭✭floutingmaxims

I picked history on the poll.. Now i hated this subject with a passion and got a D1 in my JC but my subject choices were shite so i decided to go ahead and do it for the LC anyway.

Hated it for most of the year but i think its an easy subject to do well in. The project gives you an almost guaranteed 20% and i got sample essays here from boards the week before my leaving. I just read and re-read them the week before and landed myself a C1. Happy days!

Biology is a lot more work with all the experiments youve to learn off. But i dont have a sciency head to begin with so thats just my view..!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,992 ✭✭✭✭partyatmygaff

Biology because it's the only of them that I actually did :o

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,108 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

Biology because it's the only of them that I actually did :o
    Oops major poll flaw.

• Registered Users Posts: 519 ✭✭✭flyaway.

I guess my opinion doesn't count since I only did Biology! But while I didn't actually like the subject, I still did okay once I put the work in.

• Registered Users Posts: 106 ✭✭mockshelp

In this analysis: http://www.stcolumbas.ie/files/lcresults08_1221555295.pdf

Chemistry, music, economics and geography have the highest A,B,C rate from the popular subjects. But I think it ultimately comes down to your personal strengths e.g. some people find biology and music hard whereas I find them easy.

I think Geography, Biology, Music, Business, Ag Science, History are the easiest as long as you put the work in! Just read your books over and over again until everything sinks in! That's why I think they're easier than other subjects like economics and accounting which are more applied and require more thought.

I didn't do Ag Science but looked at my sisters book and saw its basically all your geography and biology and a bit more - there is plants, genetics (which is in biology) and soils (which is in geog). I wish I had done it. I would have gotten more points - its supposed to be an easy subject to get an A or B in as long as you put the work in and learn it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 623 ✭✭✭smeal

There are no easy subjects in the leaving cert. they all take alot of work:)

Advertisement