Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Fetac Offers from CAO

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 39 Amy12345678910

I'm feeling pretty depressed now tbh, I got the results and it was my only choice on the list, I only had one down, I thought I had it. Ugh :(

• Registered Users Posts: 7 nurseof2012

I'm feeling pretty depressed now tbh, I got the results and it was my only choice on the list, I only had one down, I thought I had it. Ugh :(
    you mean they told you you got nothing??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,412 ✭✭✭andyseadog

i rang CAO who were epically unhelpful.

they took my CAO number and said "were you hoping to get through on your FETAC results?" "nope, no offers there for you anyway, you know theres another round in a few weeks"

is that just a fob off because results are still filtering through.

• Registered Users Posts: 155 ✭✭DonnaMarieAva

Sorry to hear that Amy :(

I called them too and they wouldn't even take my CAO number! So unhelpful honestly :mad:
    andyseadog wrote: »
    i rang CAO who were epically unhelpful.

they took my CAO number and said "were you hoping to get through on your FETAC results?" "nope, no offers there for you anyway, you know theres another round in a few weeks"

is that just a fob off because results are still filtering through.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9 Coma

Im a mature student who applied for DIT! Still haven't heard anything

I didnt ring them, I just sent them an email though.. And Im hoping DIT is maybe late too.. People only started getting offers and hour ago anyway, hopefully we will get something soon guys. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 676 ✭✭✭ayumi

If you have gotten an offer,is it possible to get another offfer today??
    I got an offer from colasite mhuire but its my second choice and my first is a DIT course so will I get another offer from DIT today

• Registered Users Posts: 7 RebeccahLouise

Friend of mine just off the phone to the CAO. Was told they're was no delay with any results being posted and told him to wait until the 20th for round 1.

Really needed that place today.

• Registered Users Posts: 35 Vista255

got Physiology and Health Science in Carlow IT,only 6 places available for PLC students, and i got one.. COME AT ME BRROOO! :D

• Advertisement

Friend of mine just off the phone to the CAO. Was told they're was no delay with any results being posted and told him to wait until the 20th for round 1.

Really needed that place today.

Most of us here were up at 6 and there was no offers yet, there was deffo a delay, people only started getting them after 9.

Vista255 wrote: »
    got Physiology and Health Science in Carlow IT,only 6 places available for PLC students, and i got one.. COME AT ME BRROOO! :D

Well done :)

Okay. CAO just emailed me back, I gave them my cao number and told them it was for DIT. They replied this:

''We were not authorised by the Institution to issue
    you an offer.
    I can only suggest that you contact the Admissions
    Office of the Institution concerned to enquire as
    to the situation.''

WHAT??????

• Registered Users Posts: 4,005 ✭✭✭marko93

Okay. CAO just emailed me back, I gave them my cao number and told them it was for DIT. They replied this:

you an offer.
    to the situation.''

WHAT??????

Contact D.I.T and see what the sketch is!

That's what I was told as well! So are we supposed to call up and ask if we have an offer?

you an offer.
    to the situation.''

WHAT??????

That's what I was told as well! So are we supposed to call up and ask if we have an offer?

I guess so? Anything is worth a try.. Going to do it right now.

Grand. And let me know what they say :)
    I guess so? Anything is worth a try.. Going to do it right now.

• Registered Users Posts: 35 Vista255

Well done :)

cheers :D

any Boardsies get this one too?? :D

• Registered Users Posts: 401 ✭✭BrianG23

Hey does anyone know if Round zero is specifically for level 5/6/Fetac etc applicants or do people who just have their leaving cert get offers today too?

Round 0 is for Fetac, International and applicants with no exam results this year. It's not for LC students. The 20th August is. :)
    BrianG23 wrote: »
    Hey does anyone know if Round zero is specifically for level 5/6/Fetac etc applicants or do people who just have their leaving cert get offers today too?

• Advertisement

Grand. And let me know what they say :)

Okay, I applied for Film and Broadcasting in DIT, I was speaking to the admin office there now and they said that there was such a huge demand for the course and because so many people had the results, it went to random selection.
    She said that I can wait until the next round and I may get something then.

Oh really? I did my LC 2 years ago I wonder where I went wrong, i'm sure I have the results for the course

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33 imjayr

Quick question,

If I accept my Level 8 offer now which was my 9th choice, can i still get offers on the next round of offers?

Or if i accepted an offer I wont get any more offers?

I heard people still getting offers even though they have already accepted an offer?

can anyone answer this pls :D!

At least you're not fully ruled out and you still have a chance :)
    Okay, I applied for Film and Broadcasting in DIT, I was speaking to the admin office there now and they said that there was such a huge demand for the course and because so many people had the results, it went to random selection.
    She said that I can wait until the next round and I may get something then.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,005 ✭✭✭marko93

imjayr wrote: »
    Quick question,

If I accept my Level 8 offer now which was my 9th choice, can i still get offers on the next round of offers?

I heard people still getting offers even though they have already accepted an offer?

If you get an offer and accept, that's it, you take what you accepted.

• Registered Users Posts: 215 ✭✭Lazy Bhoy

I was a FETAC mature student last year.

I have been offered and accepted my top choice which is PPES at Trinity College. :D

Well chuffed with that.

Good luck to everyone else.

Well done!!
    Lazy Bhoy wrote: »
    I was a FETAC mature student last year.

I have been offered and accepted my top choice which is PPES at Trinity College. :D

Well chuffed with that.

Good luck to everyone else.

• Registered Users Posts: 215 ✭✭Lazy Bhoy

imjayr wrote: »
    Quick question,

On our course last year we were told that if you accept a lower offer then you can still be offered a higher offer.

Im not sure if you would receive a higher offer from the same university or not.

However, if you accept a higher offer then you will not be offered anything lower.

Some people on my course have accepted numerous offers but are still holding out for offers higher up their list of choices.

You would be best off calling the CAO to be sure.

Regards

So confused..rang DIT up and they said people who have their Leaving cert already still have to wait until 20th? Is anyone else in my boat or does everyone here have a Fetac or higher education etc?

• Advertisement

At least you're not fully ruled out and you still have a chance :)

Thanks, :) Did you ring up your college?

Advertisement