Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Recommend an Iron Supplement

• 23-04-2012 11:27am
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,138 ✭✭✭

Can anyone recommend a good iron supplement?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,743 ✭✭✭blatantrereg

Supplements for iron specifically seem difficult to find, so a multivitamin with high iron content and low calcium seems like a good alternative.

I take Lucovitaal multi a-z 50+ with q10 sometimes. It has 100% rda of iron, vitamin c, and 5% rda calcium.

Calcium competes with iron for absorption (and you typically eat a lot more calcium than iron), so this was a key in my choice. I dont know to what extent it matters really, but it seems like a good idea to avoid it being a factor at all.

• Registered Users Posts: 67 ✭✭DeesWholefoods

Supplements for iron specifically seem difficult to find, so a multivitamin with high iron content and low calcium seems like a good alternative.

I take Lucovitaal multi a-z 50+ with q10 sometimes. It has 100% rda of iron, vitamin c, and 5% rda calcium.

Calcium competes with iron for absorption (and you typically eat a lot more calcium than iron), so this was a key in my choice. I dont know to what extent it matters really, but it seems like a good idea to avoid it being a factor at all.

http://www.nelsonsnaturalworld.com/en-gb/uk/our-brands/spatone/ Spatone is a good natural iron supplement, which is easier on your stomach than other ones.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,743 ✭✭✭blatantrereg

Cool. Oddly I did notice I felt nauseated after using the supplement I mentioned a few times since posting about it here (never had previously). Pharmaton made me sick before too...

Advertisement