Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Eastenders [News, Spoilers and Discussion]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,754 ✭✭✭✭Busi_Girl08

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    Can you smoke in UK pubs still?

Nope. Which added to the "And not a single fcuk was given that day" thing he had going on.

Funnily enough when he lifted the cigar away after "lighting it", it was pretty clear that it hadn't been lit at all. No smoke or anything. :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 84,987 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Wish Alfie had punched in the pub in front of everyone like he was going to do with Max when he thought it was him

• Registered Users Posts: 297 ✭✭wordsmithi

Alfie was far too polite imho. The best he could say was:"Don't set foot in this pub again" or to translate it another way You are not welcome here. Extraordinary. He should take lessons from Lauren on how to express his emotions. Don't bottle it up inside Alfie. Not healthy!! I would never encourage violence but he could have at least said something a little bit more than "Don't set foot in my pub again". Smarmy Derek goes off with Alfie's wedding ring and turns into Romeo again....aaagghhhhh

• Registered Users Posts: 1,259 ✭✭✭Tindie

EastEnders omnibus moves back to Sundays
    it's will BBC2 from 30th Dec at 11:30Am

• Registered Users Posts: 14,244 ✭✭✭✭leahyl

Does Derek genuinely want Kat though or did he just want to destroy their marriage by shagging her??

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 750 ✭✭✭Tisserand

I was really full sure that Joey was the one Kat was having the affair with....he is afterall another male with the surname of Branning. I think the writers missed an opportunity to use this storyline, and Joey's fling with Lauren could have just been a cover.....

• Registered Users Posts: 376 ✭✭_petulia_

Derek and Kat are disgusting. Poor Alfie.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,110 ✭✭✭123balltv

Tindie wrote: »
    EastEnders omnibus moves back to Sundays
    it's will BBC2 from 30th Dec at 11:30Am

About time Sundays weren't the same without EastEnders omnibus :)

• Registered Users Posts: 16,272 ✭✭✭✭Galwayguy35

Tisserand wrote: »
    I was really full sure that Joey was the one Kat was having the affair with....he is afterall another male with the surname of Branning. I think the writers missed an opportunity to use this storyline, and Joey's fling with Lauren could have just been a cover.....

I'm not gay but even I can tell that Joey is a good lookin fella so I doubt he would be too bothered doing the dirty deed with Kat.

Although on second thoughts he did sleep with his first cousin.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,208 ✭✭✭Gee_G

Tisserand wrote: »
    Yes, I was too! Definitely think it would have been better! Especially after reading the soap mag,they said its a twist that nobody will expect?!!(or something along the lines of that)
    I agree with everyone too, THANK GOD they didn't show the affair! Ewww

• Advertisement

Another new trailer for Xmas day!

http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/p012y8fc

Eastender Times From 24th too Jan 4th

Xmas EVE
    Eastenders 9PM 35 Mins

Xmas Day
    Eastenders 8:45 PM 1 hour

Boxing Day 26th
    Eastenders 8:30pm 30 min

Thursday 27th
    Eastenders 8pm-1 Hour

Friday - No ep

Sunday 30 th
    Eastenders Omnibus BBC 2 11:30 am

New Year Eve
    Eastender 8PM - 30 mins

New years day
    Eastenders 8PM - 1 Hour

Thursday 3rd
    Eastenders 7:30 - 30 min

Friday 4th
    Eastenders 8pm (30 mins)
    Eastenders 9pm (30 mins)

I'd love if Max's secret was connected to Stacey but more likely he killed or seriously injured someone while he was away

• Registered Users Posts: 12,334 ✭✭✭✭starlit

Max owes something other than what he owes the gang sure derek took his money but didn't give it to the gang. I wonder will we see who kills derek or will it be a bit like who killed archie or the way the kat lovers identity storyline went??

Ya that would be interesting alright so is there another secret of his? So there is suppose to be a lot of secrets from the brannings this xmas then? Max doesn't know about joey and lauren neither does abi and alice or the square/lucy for that matter so be interesting how everything goes.

doovdela wrote: »
    Max owes something other than what he owes the gang sure derek took his money but didn't give it to the gang. I wonder will we see who kills derek or will it be a bit like who killed archie or the way the kat lovers identity storyline went??

Ya that would be interesting alright so is there another secret of his? So there is suppose to be a lot of secrets from the brannings this xmas then? Max doesn't know about joey and lauren neither does abi and alice or the square/lucy for that matter so be interesting how everything goes.

Max knows about Joey and Lauren now as Lauren fessed up herself and surprisely Max supports them as a couple and tells Lauren go for it :eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,905 ✭✭✭✭Handsome Bob

Just watched a replay of the previous episode, I think it's the first time I've watched the show since last Christmas. :pac:

Derek is such a pantomine villain, he's even more of a **** than Archie.

Looks like Kat get a brain for Xmas lol
    EastEnders villain Derek Branning will be at the centre of huge arguments in the soap's Christmas Day episode as everyone stands up to him at last.

Derek (Jamie Foreman) has already alienated most of his family in recent weeks, but that doesn't stop him from turning up for Christmas lunch at Max and Tanya's place with his lover Kat Moon in tow.

Still livid over Derek's attempts to blackmail Tanya, Max (Jake Wood) warns his older brother that today will be his last day as part of the family. However, this only makes a vengeful Derek more determined to cause trouble as he plots to expose Max's mysterious secret.

Later, yet more trouble flares up when Kat (Jessie Wallace) discovers that Derek lied to her about trying to make things right with Alfie last week.

Furious over the betrayal, Kat lets Derek know exactly what she thinks of him by slapping him across the face…
    Max, meanwhile, is disgusted when Derek's twisted plan plays out perfectly - meaning that his long-held secret is finally revealed to the rest of the family.

It's clear that Derek is no longer welcome, but rather than leave quietly, he makes one last almighty Christmas speech - which prompts his brothers to physically remove him from the house and their lives forever…

EastEnders airs an hour-long episode on Christmas Day from 8.45pm on BBC One, when viewers will find out whether Max will marry Tanya and exactly what his secret is.

Dose anyone remember Paul Exit 8 Years ago, When Andy ends it's with Sam after Sam was stabbed in back by Marcus,
    who was getting Black mailed by Den

That was such classic episode, which came from no were

• Registered Users Posts: 12,334 ✭✭✭✭starlit

Max knows about Joey and Lauren now as Lauren fessed up herself and surprisely Max supports them as a couple and tells Lauren go for it :eek:

Oh really, I missed Friday nights episode need to catch up on that. So he knows about that then. How did he cope with that?! :/ Really does he you serious that's mad. That doesn't make sense???! Could that have something to do with the secret he holds?
    Could Max be his real dad! Lauren be derek's daughter?

If Kat really wanted to get Alfie back surely moving in with Derek wont help matters :rolleyes:

• Advertisement

Oh ffs Max is married....

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,755 ✭✭✭A V A

i cant even put how bad this xmas episode is into words!!! the whole kat cheating storyline has to be the worst iv ever seen,iits like it was half arsed and they did it cause they didnt write another storyline that was good atall

If Kat really wanted to get Alfie back surely moving in with Derek wont help matters :rolleyes:

i thought watching them was to sudden and a bit weird

This is actually beyond ridiculous - max and yer one up in Max and Tanyas room with the door locked and Tanya downstairs in a wedding dress!! Come on!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 17,754 ✭✭✭✭Busi_Girl08

So Max's secret = a second wife?

Ugh.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,432 ✭✭✭willmunny1990

I thought Derek was supposed to be murdered?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,985 ✭✭✭Dunny

I thought Derek was supposed to be murdered?

Who cares? The cretin is gone!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,718 ✭✭✭✭JonathanAnon

Fair play to the NHS for their miraculous sense of intuition, an ambulance on the way within half a minute of man having a heart attack... AND NOBODY RANG THEM.. :pac:

That was good though, much better than Fair City..

someone tell my why joey was so concerned about derek screaming dad ?? never seen joey show derek any love or anything ,just him trying to get one over on derek if he did try show love

• Advertisement

What happened to the "who killed Derek" storyline? Anyway he's gone!! He had a bit of a Denzel Washington from Training Day moment also "I'm DEREK BRANNING!!!!"

He's a great villain though

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement