Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Deals On Sky TV Service - (Mostly Cancellation deals)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,854 ✭✭✭Beekay

Someone posted a trick awhile back for getting sky to call you. It was some request a call back. Can't seem to find it in the thread.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,094 ✭✭✭RobertFoster

Beekay wrote: »
    Someone posted a trick awhile back for getting sky to call you. It was some request a call back. Can't seem to find it in the thread.
    http://skyireland.goldenpages.ie/

Click Free Call at the foot of the page, and then input your number.

• Registered Users Posts: 484 ✭✭bizz213

Cheers, used that link earlier today, cut off for 2 weeks, got call back, got variety, sports, movies & HD for 12 months for €48. Happy with that

• Registered Users Posts: 261 ✭✭caycro

While you were two weeks down, what tv stations came through to your tv? I'm planning on doing this too but could do with some options for the cut off period!!

Also, do you have multi room included in that price?

• Registered Users Posts: 774 ✭✭✭SPAWKER

caycro wrote: »
    While you were two weeks down, what tv stations came through to your tv? I'm planning on doing this too but could do with some options for the cut off period!!

You will get all the Ftv channels eg BBC 1 & 2, music and other ones.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 21,296 ✭✭✭✭gimmick

Just had the quickest cancellation ever.

Offered me basic + sports and HD for €52. I said no, so he offered the same for 1 month at €35. No again, so that was that.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,246 ✭✭✭GY A1

offer in paper ther for new customers half price for 6 months,
    think i'll cancel for the new box

• Registered Users Posts: 8,842 ✭✭✭Soarer

caycro wrote: »

http://www.freesat.co.uk/channels

• Registered Users Posts: 751 ✭✭✭Bif

Folks. Has anyone managed to get a cost reduction/deal while still in contract? I am still in contract for 2 more months. Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,486 ✭✭✭Mountjoy Mugger

I got my first deal when I gave them notice 11 months into my 12 month contract.

I doubt if you'll get anything earlier as you can't get out of it until 12 months have elapsed and you have already committed to pay a certain amount. Why should they change it?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 751 ✭✭✭Bif

With the right deal i might give them more money?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,193 ✭✭✭✭Kerrydude1981

Beekay wrote: »

Ya,and then play them some on hold music :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,268 ✭✭✭✭ Giselle Miniature Flagpole

Currently on free for 6 months and 3 months @€;9.

Got a Call today offering me HD for 7.50 instead of €15.

Only snag was a 12 month contract.
    I declined the offer.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,246 ✭✭✭GY A1

Currently on free for 6 months and 3 months @€;9.

Got a Call today offering me HD for 7.50 instead of €15.

Only snag was a 12 month contract.
    I declined the offer.

how did u get all that :eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,268 ✭✭✭✭ Giselle Miniature Flagpole

GY A1 wrote: »
    how did u get all that :eek:

Cos I'm special :)

I had left them to go to Eircom family and friends.
    Got a call 2 weeks later with an offer I couldnt refuse. As f&f is free TV for a year I switched back with no contract.

• Registered Users Posts: 120 ✭✭rosieirl

Just joined Sky as a first time customer (I know!) yesterday. Thanks to boards.ie, I knew better than to walk in off the street and say 'sign me up'. It's taken many days, but I've got Half price variety, movies and sports for €40.50 a month for 12 months. Carphone Warehouse are offering this to new AND existing customers til mid November. But I didn't go through CPW. Sky in the shopping centres magically found the deal through head office when I informed them of the better deal with CPW. The deal was sweetened with free installation , box & a better multiroom deal. Maddening! So you've taught me to shop around, and see what's out there in 11 months time.

• Registered Users Posts: 491 ✭✭brendan86

Is the carphone warehouse offer still available? Half price?

• Registered Users Posts: 417 ✭✭Joo0

rosieirl wrote: »
    Just joined Sky as a first time customer (I know!) yesterday. Thanks to boards.ie, I knew better than to walk in off the street and say 'sign me up'. It's taken many days, but I've got Half price variety, movies and sports for €40.50 a month for 12 months. Carphone Warehouse are offering this to new AND existing customers til mid November. But I didn't go through CPW. Sky in the shopping centres magically found the deal through head office when I informed them of the better deal with CPW. The deal was sweetened with free installation , box & a better multiroom deal. Maddening! So you've taught me to shop around, and see what's out there in 11 months time.

Did they offer you anything on HD?

• Registered Users Posts: 120 ✭✭rosieirl

The CPW deal is on until mid-November, from what I remember. But you'd be better off and ask yourself in store. I had no interest in HD, so it never came up. The CPW deal is half price variety (€18) plus sports (€18) plus movies add on (€4.50) for €40.50 for 12 months. Or variety plus sports for €36. And so on.

• Site Banned Posts: 880 ✭✭✭whiteshorts

Cancelled today!
    Was offered 15% off, said no thanks, 25 min to cancel!
    Let's see what they come back with in the next month.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,364 ✭✭✭campo

Cancelled today!
    Was offered 15% off, said no thanks, 25 min to cancel!
    Let's see what they come back with in the next month.

I cancelled 2 weeks ago they offered 25% off but I wanted 50% they refused, I'm now on FTV and IPTV and being honest even if they offered 50% I wouldn't go back

• Registered Users Posts: 176 ✭✭The Waxbill

It's been a month since I was cut off. A week before I was cut off they rang and offered half price for 6 months, I refused as I wanted half price for 12 months, if they'd offered it for 9 months I'd probably have taken it. I've got FTA and saorview and it's just fine, I won't be going back to sky now no matter what they offer.

• Registered Users Posts: 797 ✭✭✭Plascebo

It's been a month since I was cut off. A week before I was cut off they rang and offered half price for 6 months, I refused as I wanted half price for 12 months, if they'd offered it for 9 months I'd probably have taken it. I've got FTA and saorview and it's just fine, I won't be going back to sky now no matter what they offer.

Apologies for going slightly off-topic, but what FTA box did you get?

• Registered Users Posts: 176 ✭✭The Waxbill

Plascebo wrote: »
    Apologies for going slightly off-topic, but what FTA box did you get?
    Just using the sky box, plenty of channels on there.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,858 ✭✭✭CuppaCocoa

Just discovered on my credit card bill that my subscription offer has ended and my bill has gone up to €30.94 from €18.75. Forgot it was ending and they didn't let me know. I also pay my mothers bill which has gone from €14.75 to €24.23.

Can anyone give me the telephone number for cancellations?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,730 ✭✭✭✭Fred Swanson

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,346 ✭✭✭randombar

It's probably asked before but any landline for them?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,858 ✭✭✭CuppaCocoa

Rang them today and said I wanted to cancel. Got offered a discount but I said no and stuck to my guns. Was put through to another chap who then offered me the same deal for an extra six months with no contract. Happy enough! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,854 ✭✭✭Beekay

GaryCocs wrote: »
    It's probably asked before but any landline for them?

Use this page to get a call back.

http://skyireland.goldenpages.ie/

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 21,730 ✭✭✭✭Fred Swanson

This post has been deleted.

Advertisement