Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

iHerb.com

Options
  • 21-03-2013 6:54pm
    Registered Users Posts: 134 ✭✭

Hey guys just wondering if any of ye have used this site, and whether ye were taxed on not on receiving the items into Ireland?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 46 Emm511

I ordered somethings from them on the 10th of March, Still haven't received them. But ill let you know when I do :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,396 ✭✭✭lindtee

I use it on a regular basis, at least 6 times per year and have never been caught for customs. My last few orders have actually come from Germany so there is no chance of customs there. It usually takes 10-14 days to arrive. I have ordered everything from makeup to food to vitamins to perfume. The Ecotool items are particulary good value compared to here. I highly recommend and have been a customer for the past 6 or so years.

You could use my referral code REL330 to get $10 off a spend over $40 or $5 off a spend below that

• Registered Users Posts: 134 ✭✭aimerlans

I was thinking of ordering some of the real techniques make up brushes, the value is amazing! Have you ever used the first delivery option it's like $11 or something and states items will be delivered in 2-4 days? Thanks for your feedback :)

I always use the standard airmail, so don't know how fast you'd get them with the DHL, probably within the 4 days alright. Hadn't noticed the real techniques brushes, think I will be adding a few of them to my next order! Look like fantastic value.

Yeah it's amazing value, they're less than half the price they are sold at here in Ireland. Thanks for you're help :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,158 ✭✭✭Tayla

I love Iherb, I have never been taxed any extra either.

• Registered Users Posts: 46 Emm511

Got my order this morning. No extra charge

I ordered my brushes Thurs 14th March, they arrived with the DHL courier Monday afternoon.. Delighted :D

• Registered Users Posts: 148 ✭✭kisugem

I buy all my make up brushes at iherb:

http://www.iherb.com/search?kw=makeup+accessories+%2F+brushes&x=9&y=7#p=1

Great price and choice compared to Ireland and I recomment to choose $4 shipping option to Ireland.

• Registered Users Posts: 28 purplecorn

Hate to be the bearer of bad news, but I got stung by Customs on my last shipment. It was a pretty substantial order, around €70 of stuff so the parcel was big and heavy (don't know if that was a factor in them seizing it). Had to pay €17 to get it back. :( That must've been my 7th or 8th order from them so I was doing fairly well up til now and it won't stop me ordering from them again!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,288 ✭✭✭pow wow

Which shipping option did you select? I can't recall them but I know they specify on their site that one particular method is more likely to encounter Customs than the others are.

I got caught for customs too :( First time that it's happened with iherb. It was with dhl. It was a 19 euro charge. Worst thing is that I think 10 of that was a dhl fee. It won't stop me ordering but I think I'll stick to normal post from now on and aim to keep the orders in and around 30 dollars. Only use the dhl option when I'm ordering heavier items but was never stung for customs with them before.

• Registered Users Posts: 133 ✭✭superLeetive

Has anyone else spend over €22 using the cheapest postal delivery option and not been charged customs recently?

• Registered Users Posts: 474 ✭✭Candy_Girl

Has anyone else spend over €22 using the cheapest postal delivery option and not been charged customs recently?

My order came in at €28, I got it shipped by the international mail option and it was fine.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,809 ✭✭✭Frigga_92

I get charged customs on anything over €22 from iherb and the like. I think An Post black mark you when they begin to see a pattern. For me, once the first package got stopped, everything after that was stopped.
    Some websites will reimburse you. I have always been reimbursed by redbubble and feelunique if I can provide them with proof of customs charges being paid.
    Paying customs doesn't annoy me per se, it's how long you have to wait for your stuff.

Advertisement