Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

FAQ: Unlocking, Jailbreak, Cydia, etc - All discussion goes here

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,472 ✭✭✭✭guil

El Spearo wrote: »
    Hey guys, Just wondering if anyone has advice on a place in dublin, limerick or kilkenny that is certified to some degree to unlock an iphone 5, or is it totally an under hand operation?

The missus is moving from germany and not entirely certain if her network will allow her to unlock
    It depends on what network the phone is locked to, best bet is look on ebay for someone with good feedback that can unlock from that network.
    Quazzie wrote: »
    I've a small problem. I gave my old iPhone 4 as a gift to my niece. In doing it this I fully reset the phone to remove all information on it, and gave it to her as new. The problem is that it is locked to three, and they are pricking me about with the unlock saying it might take weeks despite me being out of contract for months now.

I'm assuming when my niece goes to set up the phone now that it will download the latest firmware at the start (this might already be done) but my question is, what way can I unlock the phone now? Will it be possible with the latest firmware?
    Should take anywhere between 2-14 days to get it unlocked, it will still take that long if you pay somewhere to do it.

• Registered Users Posts: 151 ✭✭nathan99

Hey guys is there any way of unlocking a new iphone five without jailbreaking it or contacting the carrier service?

• Registered Users Posts: 28,715 ✭✭✭✭Quazzie

guil wrote: »
    Should take anywhere between 2-14 days to get it unlocked, it will still take that long if you pay somewhere to do it.
    So there's no way to unlock an iphone 4 without going to the carrier?

Quazzie wrote: »
    So there's no way to unlock an iphone 4 without going to the carrier?
    there is but it will prob take as long as the carrier unlock and cost at least €50

• Registered Users Posts: 106 ✭✭shamcfc

My I pad 2 is running 6.1.3 is there any jailbreak available for that

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,244 ✭✭✭AntiRip

shamcfc wrote: »
    My I pad 2 is running 6.1.3 is there any jailbreak available for that

No JB for 6.1.3 I'm afraid.

• Registered Users Posts: 258 ✭✭whellman1030

I know that maybe this question has been asked already, but this thread is so long that I can't find it.

So I have ios 6.1.4 (10B350), just bought an iPhone 5. Any hopes of jailbreaking this? If I jaibreak it I loose my warranty?

EDIT: When is expectable to be possible to jailbeak this version? And how do I stop the iPhone of auto updating the OS?

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 5,213 Mod ✭✭✭✭culabula

I know that maybe this question has been asked already, but this thread is so long that I can't find it.

So I have ios 6.1.4 (10B350), just bought an iPhone 5. Any hopes of jailbreaking this? If I jaibreak it I loose my warranty?

EDIT: When is expectable to be possible to jailbeak this version? And how do I stop the iPhone of auto updating the OS?

iPhone never auto-updates iOS. That is always your choice.

El Spearo wrote: »
    Hey guys, Just wondering if anyone has advice on a place in dublin, limerick or kilkenny that is certified to some degree to unlock an iphone 5, or is it totally an under hand operation?

The missus is moving from germany and not entirely certain if her network will allow her to unlock

I finally got my iPhone 5 unlocked this week thanks to fonefunshop.co.uk and 80GBP.

No thanks whatsoever are due to T-Mobile UK.

Very expensive but totally worth it. It's now flying with my 3 IRL SIM in it.

(Note to self: never, EVER, get an iPhone on contract ever again).

culabula wrote: »
    I finally got my iPhone 5 unlocked this week thanks to fonefunshop.co.uk and 80GBP.

No thanks whatsoever are due to T-Mobile UK.

Very expensive but totally worth it. It's now flying with my 3 IRL SIM in it.

(Note to self: never, EVER, get an iPhone on contract ever again).

What is the version of your iOS? Did you loose the warranty?

• Advertisement

What is the version of your iOS? Did you loose the warranty?

Read my post again. I got my phone unlocked. You can't lose the warranty for it being unlocked. I didn't get it jailbroken (and never would).

Read my post again. I got my phone unlocked. You can't lose the warranty for it being unlocked. I didn't get it jailbroken (and never would).

Why don't you jailbreak it? You will lose your warranty?

Why don't you jailbreak it? You will lose your warranty?

I have no idea why anyone would jailbreak; not only is the phone fine as it is, it exposes you to all sorts of malware. Besides, come iOS 7, the only remaining reasons to jailbreak will disappear.

Besides, even if you do jailbreak and then have to bring the phone to Apple, simply wipe it and restore to 6.1.4

In any case, you can't jailbreak it at present. You'd be better off installing the beta of iOS 7 (or just use it as is).

• Registered Users Posts: 961 ✭✭✭gingernut79

JB for 6.1.3 from the nice folks at Evad3rs out now see here

• Registered Users Posts: 1,472 ✭✭✭mcw92

JB for 6.1.3 from the nice folks at Evad3rs out now see here

Have you done this, is it legit?
    This is hardly legit is it?

The website is different from the real evasi0n website.

• Registered Users Posts: 824 ✭✭✭pbarr

mcw92 wrote: »
    Have you done this, is it legit?
    This is hardly legit is it?

The website is different from the real evasi0n website.

It takes you to a survey when you click on the download links so its likely not.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,472 ✭✭✭mcw92

pbarr wrote: »
    It takes you to a survey when you click on the download links so its likely not.

Ya i hadn't even bothered clicking link to try to dl it.
    JW had anyone else any luck in a 6.1.3 jailbreak but i found out there is none.
    Oh well.

I have no idea why anyone would jailbreak; not only is the phone fine as it is, it exposes you to all sorts of malware. Besides, come iOS 7, the only remaining reasons to jailbreak will disappear.

Besides, even if you do jailbreak and then have to bring the phone to Apple, simply wipe it and restore to 6.1.4

In any case, you can't jailbreak it at present. You'd be better off installing the beta of iOS 7 (or just use it as is).

People say to me that jalibreal gives you access to all apps for free. I'm I wrong?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,408 ✭✭✭naasrd

People say to me that jalibreal gives you access to all apps for free. I'm I wrong?

Yes, insofar as you'd be stealing them.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,981 ✭✭✭✭L'prof

Surely the tweaks are a far bigger draw than free apps, certainly in my case anyway! With the update to ios 7 and the added functionality, I'll have less of an urge to jailbreak than before.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,946 ✭✭✭_Whimsical_

Movie box is a fantastic jb app. It gives you access to loads of tv shows and movies streamed. Stream quality is great and very fast,there's no buffering etc in my experience. In that regard its even better than xbmc. Lovely interface too.

Any way I have ios 6.1.4. Any jailbreak for that that has been tested?

• Registered Users Posts: 1 dazaman321

I bought an Iphone 4 second hand and it came jailbroken.I would like to have un-jailbroken.It was on the O2 network but I need it on the meteor network.HELP !?!?!?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,408 ✭✭✭naasrd

dazaman321 wrote: »
    I bought an Iphone 4 second hand and it came jailbroken.I would like to have un-jailbroken.It was on the O2 network but I need it on the meteor network.HELP !?!?!?

If it's locked to 02 there's nothing much you can do. Restore it in iTunes and see if one of the unlocking shops can do it for you.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,845 ✭✭✭massy086

• Registered Users Posts: 2,985 ✭✭✭animaX

Anyone know if its possible to software-unlock ios6.1.3, baseband 04.12.05 to irish networks? I've been out of the game for a while

I managed to jailbreak and install cydia on the iphone 4 but couldn't unlock using ultrasn0w. Googling seems to suggest it's not possible

animaX wrote: »
    Anyone know if its possible to software-unlock ios6.1.3, baseband 04.12.05 to irish networks? I've been out of the game for a while

I managed to jailbreak and install cydia on the iphone 4 but couldn't unlock using ultrasn0w. Googling seems to suggest it's not possible
    It's not possible to unlock any iPhone baseband after 01.59.00 on the iPhone 4 with ultrasn0w

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,985 ✭✭✭animaX

guil wrote: »
    It's not possible to unlock any iPhone baseband after 01.59.00 on the iPhone 4 with ultrasn0w

Cool, thanks for the info

Advertisement