Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Passat Spec Question

• 10-08-2011 4:18pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,122 ✭✭✭

I am looking at a second hand passat model which is 1.6 FSI. It does not have chrome exterior which would suggest a baseline model but has leather interior which usually means it is a higher spec car. Does no chrome simply mean that this will have a poor spec excluding the leather?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 51,111 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

redlead wrote: »
    I am looking at a second hand passat model which is 1.6 FSI. It does not have chrome exterior which would suggest a baseline model but has leather interior which usually means it is a higher spec car. Does no chrome simply mean that this will have a poor spec excluding the leather?

The leather interior could be aftermarket.

Are the seats heated, usually VW factory fitted leather seats are also heated? The seat heater control switches on the Passat should be located near the ventilation buttons on the dashboard centre console. Do you have a link to the car advert?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,025 ✭✭✭✭-Corkie-

bazz26 wrote: »
    The leather interior could be aftermarket.

Are the seats heated, usually VW factory fitted leather seats are also heated? The seat heater control switches on the Passat should be located near the ventilation buttons on the dashboard centre console. Do you have a link to the car advert?

Its most likely the base model with aftermarket leather or maybe leather was ordered. I know a guy with a 06 base model that has leather, Sunroof and foglamps.

Anyway OP I would try and find something else, that engine is fairly terrible as regards fuel economy and power.

• Registered Users Posts: 73,381 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

A free reg check on cartell or motorcheck would probably tell you what model it is

• Registered Users Posts: 1,122 ✭✭✭redlead

colm_mcm wrote: »
    A free reg check on cartell or motorcheck would probably tell you what model it is

I went out and checked it out. It was a complete dodgy car. It had clearly been in a crash which the dealer changed his mind about when i confronted him about it. As soon as I copped it he took the keys off me and walked off. I'd love to name and shame the dealer but don't know if I am allowed.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,822 ✭✭✭✭EPM

Please don't.

• Advertisement
Advertisement