Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Any Big Amerian Coin Collectors out there?

• 16-04-2014 12:33am
    Registered Users Posts: 988 ✭✭✭

Only 17 and have hundreds of american coins,
    Gold Dollars 1853 and 1862
    ,Morgan Dollars
    Peace Dollars
    lots of silver Kennedy Franklin walking liberty seated liberty coins
    Near complete Dansco Linclon cent collection have 246 different dates and mints only 11 missing excluding proofs
    Many Nickels near complete collection 1938 to date excluding proofs
    Roosevelt dimes in my Dansco Album excluding proofs and most silver
    Many graded coins by pcgs and ngc
    Just wondering does anyone collect american coins on the scale i do or is it just me :pac:
    this is only half of it :P

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,035 ✭✭✭Wild_Dogger

Great collection !
    Always delighted to see young folk collecting with enthusiasm and a discerning eye.
    Most people begin collecting items of this caliber when finances allow, usually when they are in their 20's and 30's etc.
    You got an excellent head start in your field - and you should be way ahead of the rest by the time you hit your 30's.

Keep it up :)

• Registered Users Posts: 988 ✭✭✭1shot16

Yeah id say im already way ahead due to the fact people in Ireland dont collect american coins on the scale i do and i have too many already :P
    Havent bought anything in ages though...recently went through my coins finding things i forgot i even had!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,035 ✭✭✭Wild_Dogger

Did you inherit part of the collection to begin with ?

Nope only a single Kennedy silver half dollar was all that was given to me and it started it all off.

• Registered Users Posts: 211 ✭✭MasterSun

I have a few US quarters in my collection and i weight about 175 lbs, therefore I am a big American Coin Collector ;)

• Advertisement

What type may i ask?
    Seated Liberty?
    Barber?
    Standing Liberty?

• Registered Users Posts: 211 ✭✭MasterSun

Washington quarters, a few silvers ones and copper nickel ones.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,167 ✭✭✭pimpmyhat

Nice collection im a long long way off at the moment. I have an interest in american coins walking libs and morgan are my favourite removed by moderator

• Registered Users Posts: 1,167 ✭✭✭pimpmyhat

Cool will have a look! ive got some listed aswell under silver coins!! dont think my pm sent

• Registered Users Posts: 3,427 ✭✭✭Dr Strange

pimpmyhat wrote: »
    Nice collection im a long long way off at the moment. I have an interest in american coins walking libs and morgan are my favourite removed by moderator

Please familiarise yourself with our forum charter. No buying or selling permitted on thread. Thanks.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 240 ✭✭irish gent

Fantastic collection of coins ! I collect coins as well and love usa gold coins ..

The indian 2.5 and 5 dollar gold pieces are my favourite but havent got around to buying one

Advertisement