Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Amiko Alien 2 Triple Tuner Combobox

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 92 ✭✭Dublin Deluge

lafpat wrote: »
    Could you please give me a link to download this image very interested

And also, it would be nice to hear any reports as to stability, any laggyiness when switching channels, whether you can use all plug ins (i'm mostly interested in CrossEPG, CoolTVGuide, icefilms, 1channel, tv3, rteplayer, etc.)

• Registered Users Posts: 283 ✭✭bappelbe

TheTechGuy wrote: »
    Is it possible to download torrents directly to this box?
    I have never done this, but google "enigma2 torrent client" gives results that might be worth trying

• Registered Users Posts: 693 ✭✭✭Dave..M

got my box there last Thursday (ordered it on Wednesday morning from Satworld, very efficient and they included a two pin to 3 pin adapter with it, a nice touch!). I had taken Friday off expecting to spend the whole day at it and was quite apprehensive but I needn't have been. Once I upgraded to the latest Spark version via USB everything was ship shape (net upgrade does not work on the version the box comes with for whatever reason), I didn't do a blind scan (for time reasons) so had to add a few TP's manually as the set 28.2 scan didn't take them in (DVB-S2 TP's & the 5's for whatever reason) but manually adding TP's is simple and good ol' Robs Satellite freq page sorted me out once again for the ones missing so getting the basic Freesat channels all in was very quick. Got the CrossEPG (7 day FTA EPG) working fairly quickly too (thanks to Flex's Satstation thread for that), a bit glitchy but makes the receiver very usable indeed straight out of the box. My old FAT32 hard drive worked fine straight off too which was great. Still setting up my different favorite listings and playing around with it (in my limited spare time), it really is very user friendly and am fairly confident that I will have it ready for my wife by the time SKY switches off that she wont be afraid to use it and want to hit me over the head with it!

Anyway no doubt I will be back once I decide to make the foray into Enigma or when things start to go wrong or just stump me flat!

tks

• Registered Users Posts: 6,059 ✭✭✭championc

Spark works - but just has several shortcomings and certainly back last Christmas, there were things which seemed pretty basic which Spark would not do and there was no sign of things moving along at any speed. So I personally gave up at that point. So at this point in time, I have no ideas as to how good or bad Spark is.

• Registered Users Posts: 693 ✭✭✭Dave..M

yup, a fair point indeed, the Spark functionality doesn't compare to the Enigma functionality I see you guys mentioning but it did have more than I was expecting out of the box and will defo allow my family to watch TV whilst I read up on getting the Enigma side up and running in peace!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,538 ✭✭✭Zardoz

used HDMU images for a while but had problems with permanent time shift, now (for last month) im on PKTeam Hyperion image and have to say its the best image ive tried (so far): has own blue panel by default mapped under big blue home button, loads of nice tools like hdd mount manager, network hdds mapping etc...
    and HDglass16 skin working on pkt as should :)
    Are the streaming apps like 1channel,RTE Player and Tv3 player working for you on Hyperion ,they dont work for me ,just black screen when loading file.

Its a nice image ,trying it out now,much more user friendly than Hdmu and very polished.
    Lovely gui and user interface .
    It seems very stable ,I like it .;)

Alot of the HDMU backups I made with the Spark Enigma 2 backup tool dont seem to be working.They just stay at "Boot" and dont load up .Has anyone else had this issue ,I've tried a few different usb drives but they all give the same result.

Edit: I found the solution to the Spark backup tool issue I had.
    When loading an Enigma 2 backup image via Spark you must have the image on the root of the memory stick for it to work correctly .

• Registered Users Posts: 905 ✭✭✭m8

Anyone got a link to the PKTeam Hyperion image?

• Registered Users Posts: 915 ✭✭✭stuff.hunter

sorry guys, was busy :)
    it can be found here : http://www.sendspace.com/file/zrnbnz

any problems with download let me know, ill upload it somewhere else

Attn: as per default PKT image doesn't have settings for Astra 28.2, it need to be downloaded before tuners setup (plugins menu>download>settings)

Zardoz wrote: »
    Are the streaming apps like 1channel,RTE Player and Tv3 player working for you on Hyperion ,they dont work for me ,just black screen when loading file.

Its a nice image ,trying it out now,much more user friendly than Hdmu and very polished.
    Lovely gui and user interface .
    It seems very stable ,I like it .;)

Alot of the HDMU backups I made with the Spark Enigma 2 backup tool dont seem to be working.They just stay at "Boot" and dont load up .Has anyone else had this issue ,I've tried a few different usb drives but they all give the same result.

..didnt try rte or tv3 players mate, had no time for it but 1channel working well...
    all hdmu backups i've made, restored through Spark without any problems :), did you try it?

And also, it would be nice to hear any reports as to stability, any laggyiness when switching channels, whether you can use all plug ins (i'm mostly interested in CrossEPG, CoolTVGuide, icefilms, 1channel, tv3, rteplayer, etc.)

crossepg and cooltv working fine as 1channel, didnt play with rest of players yet (limited time :) )

channel switching time is impressive , no lag or anything else even on channels decoded using oscam :) no problems with plugins neither ... quite nice especially when on HDglass16 skin which is quite 'fat' :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,534 ✭✭✭Gerry Wicklow

What's the ftp password for hyperion image?

• Registered Users Posts: 905 ✭✭✭m8

crossepg and cooltv working fine as 1channel, didnt play with rest of players yet (limited time :) )

channel switching time is impressive , no lag or anything else even on channels decoded using oscam :) no problems with plugins neither ... quite nice especially when on HDglass16 skin which is quite 'fat' :)

This sounds like the image I was waiting for, cheers ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 355 ✭✭joe250

PKTEAM or pkteam

FTP login: root, passwd: pkteam

m8 wrote: »
    This sounds like the image I was waiting for, cheers ;)

enjoy :)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,534 ✭✭✭Gerry Wicklow

@stuff.hunter
    do you have autotimer working on hyperion?

@stuff.hunter
    do you have autotimer working on hyperion?

never tried it, tbh mate :) not recording series .. if you have problems with setup, take a look here : http://linuxsat-support.com/gigablue-hd-addons-bootloaders-plugins-tools/11844-autotimer-plugin.html ,

anyways, when ill have some spare time ill give it a try

• Registered Users Posts: 51 ✭✭mcbod

I've had my alien up and running for while now with the enigna 2 image and all going well.

One question I have tho is how to delete recordings after I have watched them. I can't find anywhere on the interface to delete from an attached hard dive and I also haven't found a way of getting the hard drive exposed as a network shared drive

Any help appreciated

mcbod wrote: »
    I've had my alien up and running for while now with the enigna 2 image and all going well.

One question I have tho is how to delete recordings after I have watched them. I can't find anywhere on the interface to delete from an attached hard dive and I also haven't found a way of getting the hard drive exposed as a network shared drive

Any help appreciated

Which image are you on, mate

Which image are you on, mate

HDMU

• Advertisement

HDMU

well, try one of the coloured buttons, its probably red one (can t remember exactly :) )

well, try one of the coloured buttons, its probably red one (can t remember exactly :) )

Tried all the colours
    Couldn't find any button on remote to do it

Tried all the colours

..ok, go to hdmu media centre, highlight recording which you want to delete and try 'menu' button then (if red didn't work)

btw, are you using standard hdmu keymap?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,769 ✭✭✭Apogee

Tried all the colours

To access the files without going through Media Centre, press the play button (>) on the remote, highlight the file you wish to delete, then press MENU, scroll to DELETE and press OK.

• Registered Users Posts: 980 ✭✭✭Kenny Powers

sorry guys, was busy :)
    it can be found here : http://www.sendspace.com/file/zrnbnz

any problems with download let me know, ill upload it somewhere else

Attn: as per default PKT image doesn't have settings for Astra 28.2, it need to be downloaded before tuners setup (plugins menu>download>settings)

Is streaming to Mobiles,PC's etc working on this image?

Is streaming to Mobiles,PC's etc working on this image?

didnt try mobile streaming as no need :)
    streaming to Mac and PC working well (require VLC)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,234 ✭✭✭Fresh Pots

Got this box the other day and flashed the latest hdmu image. Is there any more stable images as I'm finding it a bit laggy and have had a few reboots?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,538 ✭✭✭Zardoz

Got this box the other day and flashed the latest hdmu image. Is there any more stable images as I'm finding it a bit laggy and have had a few reboots?
    What skin are you using ?
    I'd avoid the PLI-HD skin on HDMU its very laggy .
    Try the nogfx skin or the Kerni one ,they are very smooth.
    HDMU is about the best image.I like Hyperion too but RTE Player doesnt work on it .
    Hyperion is much nicer looking and easier to get up and running .
    The bug in HDMU where you record a satellite channel then switch to Saorview and it says tune failed isnt on the Hyperion image either.

try PKTeam Hyperion, much faster than HDMU

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 416 ✭✭FlexMcMurphy

There are loads of different enigma2 images:

The Satstation forum is a good source for info on both Spark and Enigma2 in a way that's well organised. They have a downloads section with various enigma2 firmwares to try out.

Open-ARP is another enigma2 firmware people seem to be impressed with.

PKTeam Hyperion has gotten some positive feedback in this thread the last few days.

This is where you can get the latest HDMU version.

I remember PogMoThoin mentioning before that it's a good idea to flash the same image twice and that might help to improve lagginess. I've tried HDMU 10780 and Open ARP from 31st March and I can't say either were especially laggy on channel change but yes HDMU 10780 can be slow when navigating around the Menu system... this was not the case in ARP.

Try a re-flash first.

Flex

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement