Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Amiko Alien 2 Triple Tuner Combobox

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,874 ✭✭✭✭PogMoThoin

sattvfan wrote: »
    So you can get an HD broadcast with a DVB-T but MPEG 4 encoded transmission ?

The issues in the last few posts ?

Yes, Saorview works fine, just no MHEG 5
    That's one person with an issue in the last few pages, and it's sorted, it could happen any box. I have programmed a few of these, they are fine now that E2 and Spark have matured.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,059 ✭✭✭championc

The issues in the last few posts ?

I think those were Spark related. The Enigma2 HDMU image rocks !!

• Registered Users Posts: 41 sattvfan

championc wrote: »
    I think those were Spark related. The Enigma2 HDMU image rocks !!

So you can swtich between them without rebooting ? Any PIP plug-ins for this box ?

How fast / good is the blind scan ?

So you can swtich between them without rebooting ?

Switching ? If you had one and used the Enigma image, you'd never look at Spark ever again. The E2 image saved my bacon because my missus was about to chuck it and me out the window - seriously.

I had also talked my Dad into buying one and it was much the same story there too !!!

• Registered Users Posts: 173 ✭✭westerlywonder

Oh wow guys, i decided to have a play around in spark last night first.

When i asked before about streaming stuff off a NSA through this box over a local network, i kinda got the impression that it was going to be slightly more complicated than i hoped.

Delighted to say i was WRONG!! So easy, just added a network drive in the network settings. And hey presto i can stream all the content on my NSA by just hitting the folder button on the remote!!

It also lets me save recordings direct to the NSA, although i did not have time to try this last night.

To you guys using, enigma, question is it as simple to stream media from a network source in enigma as it has been described above?

Is it really worth moving over to the enigma side, cause anything i tried in the latest spark last night seemed to work.

Also regarding my previous issue, for those concerned that it was a major one i assure you it was not. It may not even have been the fault of the box. I dont know what happened, but it was very easy to re-set and get started again.

• Advertisement

So you can swtich between them without rebooting ?

No, you can boot to either from cold.
    Any PIP plug-ins for this box ?

Enigma has this option, although it's bugged, it works but freezes after a few secs. When you are on a channel press OK-->Menu-->select Picture in Picture then change channel. The channel you were on jumps to PIP.
    How fast / good is the blind scan ?

No idea, I only use Enigma. I ran a NIT scan once and now I use Autobouquets with a bouquet of my own list of favourite channels.

@westerlywonder, there is no comparison, Enigma is miles better because of the plugins, skins and streaming features

• Registered Users Posts: 173 ✭✭westerlywonder

excellent, I cant wait to get home for play time.
    I love getting a toy like this, and its not even xmas

Duplicate post

Is it really worth moving over to the enigma side, cause anything i tried in the latest spark last night seemed to work.

Would love to see all of this working on Spark :) - I don't think so

Satellite 7 day EPG
    Recording by programme name
    Recording from both Terrestrial and Sat simultaneously
    FF and Rew working without freezing
    Resume playback from last point watched
    Series Link (sort of - using an Auto Timer plugin)
    Streaming of TV channels to both PC's, laptops, phones
    Program the Timer when out and about with an Android Phone App

And then there's CCCam / C-Line compatibility !!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 999 ✭✭✭Wisesmurf

Can't praise enigma enough.

Once you get the following working it's an excellent box:

Autobouquets
    Crossepg
    cooltvguide
    autotimer
    Icefilms

I use andrioddreamer to stream from the box to my tablet/phone - Anyone use a better app? dreamer is fine but basic.

Wisesmurf wrote: »
    I use andrioddreamer to stream from the box to my tablet/phone - Anyone use a better app? dreamer is fine but basic.

Try DreamDroid

There is no way to get 4.2.2 feeds though ? I think the Azbox must be the only one to decode them

There is no way to get 4.2.2 feeds though ? I think the Azbox must be the only one to decode them

Very few boxes do 4.2.2

What would be really cool is to have an option to directly go to a feed listed on here for example http://www.satelliweb.com/index.php?section=livef

• Registered Users Posts: 8 brushdown

Hi,How do I find my terrestrial channels on Spark? They are all there as they download, but cannot find on menus. Thanks!

Just to let you know, I found them. On spark you click ok button,then go over to left column and click on Provider,then clickon provider listand go all the way to the bottom[RTENL] andthere they are. Very stable. regards

Do yourself a favour and just install Enigma. Links to a step by step guide by Pog on post #372.

Enigma will give you everything that the box is capable of doing. Lots that Spark can't do nor i reckon ever will be able to do. See my post #401.

Go read back over the last couple of pages.

Has anyone tried the NovoeTV plugin ?

Has anyone tried the NovoeTV plugin ?

Go on, be brave, report back.

• Advertisement

Thanks championc,Yes I downloaded enigma sat station img and ext ect. Very stable and tons of extras compared to spark img! Will try different enig images to experiment with which I used to do with my old dreambox 7000{wonder would Flashwizard work with alien2?] . UPDATE..Just for anybody on spark I found for changing to terrestial from sat is on Menu, left column, down to Broadcaster and click to middle column and you have sat and terrestrial together. Much faster to reach than my post above. I put a 160gz hdd on and configed it so can tape movies. Can I backup complete img file with all files just like dreambox did onto the hdd. I have dccommander, I presume I can,do you remane it to'IMG' ? Thanks all regards

• Registered Users Posts: 87 ✭✭cartom

Hi All, I've followed PogMoThoin instuction on how to Flash Enigma2. It's very clear step by step instuctions, Thank you PogMaThoin. But I'm stuck, I have got as far as
    "Reboot the box with the USB inserted then go to plugins and enable the e2upgrade plugin."
    When I press the "Start OSD option with the red button" nothing happens, Can you help, after reading so many post it seem Enigma2 is well worth it.

cartom wrote: »
    Hi All, I've followed PogMoThoin instuction on how to Flash Enigma2. It's very clear step by step instuctions, Thank you PogMaThoin. But I'm stuck, I have got as far as
    "Reboot the box with the USB inserted then go to plugins and enable the e2upgrade plugin."
    When I press the "Start OSD option with the red button" nothing happens, Can you help, after reading so many post it seem Enigma2 is well worth it.

Please don't make your font hard to read.

You should have Enigma 2 on your usb key (if you don't put it there), you need to browse to that enigma folder to show it where to install from

Sorry about the font, I have it on the USB.
    I can start plugin when I click
    '005 e2upgrade -green button'
    but when I press redbutton -start OSD it does not do anything.

I can see the folder on the USB when I go to System/upgrade/upgrade from USB

I have tried to different USB s

No, No. You do not do system-->upgrade from usb. You use the e2upgrade plugin to install it, you need to navigate to your usb key and show it the enigma folder and install it.

Hi I did not do system upgrade from the USB, I can just see the folder there.
    I've go back and followed all the instructions again. I started from a clean factory setting.
    It's still the same.
    I have 005 e2upgrade with the button turned green.
    I rebooted
    but I still cannot select The red button - Start OSD so that I can navigate to the folder
    When I press the red button nothing happens

Hi I did not do system upgrade from the USB, I can just see the folder there.
    I've go back and followed all the instructions again. I started from a clean factory setting.
    It's still the same.
    I have 005 e2upgrade with the button turned green.
    I rebooted
    but I still cannot select The red button - Start OSD so that I can navigate to the folder
    When I press the red button nothing happens

No idea. You tried both front and back usb? You need to show it the contents of the enigma folder and then it will install E2. The enigma older will contain 2 single files, e2jffs2.img and uImage

Yes it has both folders, I've tried the front and back. I'm going to give up for now, I might try later on when I have a bit more time. Thank you PogMoThoim for all your help.

• Registered Users Posts: 939 ✭✭✭trabpc

Hi guys how does this box compare to something like a vu+?. Is there an option to add in saorview usb tuner. Or id the saorview tuner built in?

• Advertisement

Yes it has both folders, I've tried the front and back. I'm going to give up for now, I might try later on when I have a bit more time. Thank you PogMoThoim for all your help.

You mean both files? Your usb should just have an enigma folder in which there should be 2 files.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement