Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Xbox 360 Reset Glitch Hack - Unsigned Code on current Kernels incl. X360 SLIM

1235»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 807 ✭✭✭Jimbobjoeyman

My programming problem is sorted :D
    I've found pre-programmed chips that boot in 4-7 seconds :D
    For anybody thats wondering its the x360glitch chip there selling them on dealextreme for €10 http://www.dealextreme.com/p/x360-glitch-xbox-360-modchip-for-fat-jasper-102116 (actually an official reseller-volume rate partner)
    Small bit harder to install because they dont include quick solder boards that the xecuter chip has which makes the point by the ana chip easier to solder to.
    But meh plenty of flux and take your time and you'll be fine :D

There also selling the matrix nand flasher which is supposed to be just as good as the nand x at a lower price which I might buy aswell to replace my very temperamental xbox-experts usb flasher

Thanks for the offer to flash the chip for me TV it was appreciated

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,487 ✭✭✭Pov06

If anyone is looking for any Xbox 360 parts check out what I've got for sale:
    http://www.adverts.ie/search/user-442550/status_active/type_all

It's all the bits taken from a Falcon board.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,849 ✭✭✭Redisle

My programming problem is sorted :D
    I've found pre-programmed chips that boot in 4-7 seconds :D
    For anybody thats wondering its the x360glitch chip there selling them on dealextreme for €10 http://www.dealextreme.com/p/x360-glitch-xbox-360-modchip-for-fat-jasper-102116 (actually an official reseller-volume rate partner)

I'd order elsewhere if I were you. Dealextreme seem to have gotten horrendously bad for shipping times lately. I was waiting over a month for an order to be despatched, asked for a refund and am waiting around 6 weeks so far for that with no word back.. also know someone else waiting 5+ weeks for an order. I used to love the site but think I will avoid in the future.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,883 ✭✭✭megaten

Redisle wrote: »
    I'd order elsewhere if I were you. Dealextreme seem to have gotten horrendously bad for shipping times lately. I was waiting over a month for an order to be despatched, asked for a refund and am waiting around 6 weeks so far for that with no word back.. also know someone else waiting 5+ weeks for an order. I used to love the site but think I will avoid in the future.

Really? most orders take over a month with Dealextreme and similar Hong Kong websites so I wouldn't have worried to be honest.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,828 ✭✭✭Reamer Fanny

megaten wrote: »
    Really most orders take over a month with Dealextreme and similar Hong Kong websites.

Choose DHL where possible on HK based sites, orders take around 5 days to get here for just a few more dollars.

• Advertisement

just ordered my chip from dx :D

And I did a mock up of the wiring on an old board today to get some practice before I did this to my jasper.
    The wiring's actually not that bad if you take your time and use lots of flux.

A good tip though when working with the small points like beside the ana chip and under the cpu.
    Isolate the point your soldering to with kapton tape so you dont bridge anything or knock any resistors off in the process by accident.
    The solder points have empty pads beside them and its very easy to bridge

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,241 ✭✭✭Vic Vinegar

So is anyone here going to be offering the reset glitch as a service anytime soon?

So is anyone here going to be offering the reset glitch as a service anytime soon?

once my chips get in and I have a few of them done I will be.
    Wont be cheap to do though, the soldering is pretty difficult and takes alot of time to make sure its done right

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33,733 ✭✭✭✭Myrddin

Whats the hurry, & eagerness with people looking to jump onto this just yet? To my knowledge its still at a stage where rebooters are not an option yet. Aside from emu's & a few other bits, there's still a way to go before this overtakes the traditional jtagas the mod of choice for me.

Unless I'm mistaken??

EnterNow wrote: »
    Whats the hurry, & eagerness with people looking to jump onto this just yet? To my knowledge its still at a stage where rebooters are not an option yet. Aside from emu's & a few other bits, there's still a way to go before this overtakes the traditional jtagas the mod of choice for me.

Unless I'm mistaken??

ggbuild :D
    Thats the RGH rebooter,
    released about a week ago

edit-
    random youtube vid
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ww0oROQ-RrQ

• Advertisement

ggbuild :D
    Thats the RGH rebooter,
    released about a week ago

edit-
    random youtube vid

Ah I see I see :cool:

Edit - The boot time is horrific!

Ah I see I see :cool:

Edit - The boot time is horrific!

bloody cmod chips for you
    The ones made specifically for the job
    ie matrix glitcher,xecuter coolrunner and x360 glitch are much faster.
    Along with the fact if you make your wires ridiculously long boot times actually get better.

The chip I bought boots in 4-7 seconds on a phat console and under a minute on slims.
    Slims are a bit awkward ie failed boots, e79 etc - like some zephyrs are with the jtag hack.

A phat jasper is the best performance wise

I was going to mention had they worked out the success rate of the glitch? I remember at the start it only worked a percentage of the time...or is that what the actual delay is while booting (ie trying to glitch successfully?)

Ya to start with they took ages to glitch so they had to change the boot sequence of the console.
    A stock console will try to boot 3 times if it fails to boot before giving e79 and shutting off.

They had to programme it to try to boot infinity times untill it eventually glitched and booted.

The code has been tidied up since it was implemented into nandpro 3.0.
    And the specific chips it xecuter coolrunner,matrix glitcher etc are better timed and are better worked out to improve boot times.

The chip I bought boots in 4-7 seconds on a phat :cool:
    And its pre-programmed

• Registered Users Posts: 8,584 ✭✭✭TouchingVirus

I was going to mention had they worked out the success rate of the glitch? I remember at the start it only worked a percentage of the time...or is that what the actual delay is while booting (ie trying to glitch successfully?)

The delay occurs because it's retrying the glitch X times. The reset signal is very narrow (20ns on the slim) so the timing needs to be perfect. Increasing the length of the wire helps for slims - there is some anti-JTAG protection there by MS.

The boot times with the Coolrunner by TX are still very impressive:

Slim

Jasper

Falcon

well my glitch chips have been sent :D
    I decided to go with volumerates a Delaextreme partner since everyone is complaining how slow dx is lately.
    And the fact that under official resellers volumerates is mentioned and dx isn't.

I've two jaspers waiting here

• Registered Users Posts: 1,582 ✭✭✭docentore

I've got Japser-Kronos motherboard with lost DVD key from one of the boardsies (thanks massy086).
    CoolrunnerII lies on the shelf already just beside the Olimex LPC2148 board. I'm going to get them working together this evening and update it over here.

Wish me luck!

docentore wrote: »
    I've got Japser-Kronos motherboard with lost DVD key from one of the boardsies (thanks massy086).
    CoolrunnerII lies on the shelf already just beside the Olimex LPC2148 board. I'm going to get them working together this evening and update it over here.

Wish me luck!

Nice :D
    Practice the soldering on a scrap board first the points under the cpu and beside the ANA are really small and delicate.
    Isolate them with kapton tape if you have any to make it easier for yourself.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,582 ✭✭✭docentore

Nice :D
    Practice the soldering on a scrap board first the points under the cpu and beside the ANA are really small and delicate.
    Isolate them with kapton tape if you have any to make it easier for yourself.

I'll be fine, thanks for the tip with kapton tape.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,487 ✭✭✭Pov06

If anyone is looking for a glitch chip for the Xbox 360 I have one for sale.

I have a x360glitch chip in an unopened condition, sealed in an anti-static bag(?)

I badly need to sell it as I don't need it anymore because my Xbox is broken :D

It is preprogrammed for a Falcon, but can be reprogrammed for other models too.

I would like to sell it for €10, and I'd drop in the needed components for an LPT programmer too. (Resistors, LPT connector + case, etc.).

Advantage for you is that you won't need to wait a few weeks for it to get here from China, and it already has the programmer cable components with it. If you're interested, give me a PM :)

• Advertisement

Pov06 wrote: »
    If anyone is looking for a glitch chip for the Xbox 360 I have one for sale.

I have a x360glitch chip in an unopened condition, sealed in an anti-static bag(?)

I badly need to sell it as I don't need it anymore because my Xbox is broken :D

It is preprogrammed for a Falcon, but can be reprogrammed for other models too.

I would like to sell it for €10, and I'd drop in the needed components for an LPT programmer too. (Resistors, LPT connector + case, etc.).

Advantage for you is that you won't need to wait a few weeks for it to get here from China, and it already has the programmer cable components with it. If you're interested, give me a PM :)

This is a discussion forum, not an online shop. Use adverts/ebay please

my glitch chips are in The an post sorting office :D
    I have all the wiring done on one of my jaspers and the ecc image flashed to it,
    Now its just a matter of installing the chip when it arrives :D

• Registered Users Posts: 8,584 ✭✭✭TouchingVirus

I hooked up a CK3 Pro Rev D to my nand-x tonight using a DIY cable, upgraded it with the ArmV3 hex file. Hooked up some wires from the expansion socket to the JTAG on a coolrunner and flashed it with the XSVF file for Jaspers. Will post up a guide on how to do it all tomorrow morning, sorta tired now.

And maybe tomorrow I'll get the time to actually glitch a few jaspers/slims :)

Advertisement