Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

BMW 7 Series as a Wedding Car?

• 14-04-2012 5:48pm
    Registered Users Posts: 577 ✭✭✭

Hi everybody,

My sister is getting married in late August and she needs a car and driver.

Does anybody know anywhere (preferably around the Waterford area) that has a BMW 7 Series as a wedding/chauffeur driven car?

I say 7 Series as she wants classy but doesn’t want anything too tacky (limos, Bentley’s, Big fat Gipsy wedding, etc.).

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,570 ✭✭✭rebel.ranter

There's this guy in Cork, he has a chauffeur driven 7 Series

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Casey-Chauffeur-Solutions/180299038671088

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,326 ✭✭✭Bearcat

There's your link.....no excuses. I agree about tacky cars....you won't go wrong with that silver 7.

• Registered Users Posts: 577 ✭✭✭Typewriter

It's a 7 Series alright but its 10 years old and I know my sister will not be impressed. ;)

I'm looking for a newer car 2008+

As close to this as I can get...
    2011-wald-f01-bmw-7-series-black-bison.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,269 ✭✭✭cabrwab

Wedding cars wouldn't be used everyday and would generally be in great shape.
    Regardless of age.
    Id an 05 car for my wedding!
    But was a special one, and the car was in incredible shape, id a chat with the driver about maintenance and it was maintained to the highest standards.

Typewriter wrote: »

As close to this as I can get...........

Chuckle chuckle, boss :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 28 IrishGeordie

Wouldn't go with that for a wedding imo

• Registered Users Posts: 2,423 ✭✭✭pburns

Bit confused...you say she wants something classy, not tacky but the picyou put up is of a blinged up 7 series which is...not classy...

Don't forget its not for me its for my sister. I'm no reg snob I'm just trying to get her what she asked for.

I appreciate all suggestions. :)

EDIT: That photo is just a google search for "2012 7 Series", It looked stock to me.:o

How about this...
    picture.php?albumid=378&pictureid=12529
    :D

• Registered Users Posts: 6,459 ✭✭✭Oafley Jones

Wouldn't go with that for a wedding imo

To each their own etc.. but they're a fine car if you're getting collected from the airport, but they're not exactly "weddingly". Again, I like them but to call them "classy"?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,166 ✭✭✭Goose81

cabrwab wrote: »
    Wedding cars wouldn't be used everyday and would generally be in great shape.
    Regardless of age.
    Id an 05 car for my wedding!
    But was a special one, and the car was in incredible shape, id a chat with the driver about maintenance and it was maintained to the highest standards.

:confused:
    Hes not buying it, I doubt the bride cares about how the car was maintained. I agree with him on the age of the car tbh, would want a newer car for a wedding.

OP, maybe contact bmw Ireland or another garage?
    They might let you test drive one for the day and you could use it for the wedding and say nothing. I would say you will have to pony up some deposit though.

Hmm might inquire about that but id have to tell them what im up to as I'd be worried encase they found out. I was looking for a car rental place (hertz,etc.) but can't find anything other than ford focus's for that day.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,031 ✭✭✭lomb

An old Rolls Silver Cloud would be nicer than a pimp mobile 7.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,459 ✭✭✭Oafley Jones

lomb wrote: »
    An old Rolls Silver Cloud would be nicer than a pimp mobile 7.

Funnily enough, I'm getting the very similar Bentley S1 for my wedding this summer. It's a lovely car, but I was slightly worried that it might be too modern at first. :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,269 ✭✭✭cabrwab

Goose81 wrote: »
    :confused:
    Hes not buying it, I doubt the bride cares about how the car was maintained. I agree with him on the age of the car tbh, would want a newer car for a wedding.

OP, maybe contact bmw Ireland or another garage?
    They might let you test drive one for the day and you could use it for the wedding and say nothing. I would say you will have to pony up some deposit though.

I was telling him that there would be no worries about it breaking down and it will be exceptionally clean on the inside, and not showing signs of age.
    the post didn't confuse me, i was pointing out you can get class and still be an 05 Maserati.
    Sorry OP if it came across condescending i apologies.
    Was not meant that way.

Its tough to find good cars out there for rent.

• Registered Users Posts: 5 Caseychauffeur

BMW Ireland will not give you a car as the vehicle wouldn't be insured for hire services ie SPSV licenced or insured. I can assure the OP that even though my 7 series isnt brand new,the service I provide,the price I charge and the condition of my car cannot be beaten and I would love to help out for his sisters big day...

• Registered Users Posts: 9,662 ✭✭✭Voodoomelon

4 Seasons in Dublin has a fleet of F01 7s, maybe something could be arranged there.

• Registered Users Posts: 357 ✭✭cozzie55

My local BMW garage offered me a 7 series in July for my sisters wedding but I would have to source my own driver, they said there would be no bother if i'm stuck for a car as I was having trouble sourcing one at the time. So i'd say go ask them and see what they say. What can you loose by doing it.

Does it have to be a 7 series? I know there is a company up near the airport in dublin that have a load of chauffeur driven cars, I know the have a new enough S class and I think an A8 aswel.

Advertisement