Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

The Football / Soccer Tips Thread v2

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 624 ✭✭✭gudede

rossit wrote: »
    all i can say lad good luck don`t see what this guy is getting so worked up about , your money lad bet on 100/1 if ya want best of luck to ya , think ill throw a few yo yo on that for the craic

After all the nagging I'm going to back it as well....reasons.

1 - Someone will have the bragging rights after this
    2 - It's the FA cup
    3 - Arsenal have made it past the third round in each of the last 15 seasons in the FA Cup, a longer run than any other side. Arsenal have to lose sometime

:eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 952 ✭✭✭shangri la

shocksy wrote: »
    Couldnt have said it better myself...

Shangli la, in all fairness that is not for you to come on here and say some new rules need to be made about who an what can be posted regarding bets, tips, accums etc? most of the time from what ive seen on your posts you tend to rile people up and like to do some trolling.

No one is been asked to follow any of the bets placed up on here, its basically a case of people coming on here, posting up what bets we have placed an seeing how they go, if someone wants to follow, then great, if not, well nothing to worry about.

Why you would come on here an suggest new rules need to be made is a joke as your reasonably new to this part of the forum and hence if anything needed changing that would be up to a moderator to look into, certainly not a newbie

I can't suggest something that would clearly benefit the forum?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,172 ✭✭✭NaiveMelodies

Mike65, your sizeable portfolio of failed logs with bizarre and nonsensical criteria, puts you in no position to criticize Headshots fun/crazy bet tonight.

He often finds great value, and has doesn't seem to hesitate in posting stakes and picks well before the games, some of which I have profited from.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,949 ✭✭✭Samich

Couldnt have said it better myself...

Shangli la, in all fairness that is not for you to come on here and say some new rules need to be made about who an what can be posted regarding bets, tips, accums etc? most of the time from what ive seen on your posts you tend to rile people up and like to do some trolling.

No one is been asked to follow any of the bets placed up on here, its basically a case of people coming on here, posting up what bets we have placed an seeing how they go, if someone wants to follow, then great, if not, well nothing to worry about.

Why you would come on here an suggest new rules need to be made is a joke as your reasonably new to this part of the forum and hence if anything needed changing that would be up to a moderator to look into, certainly not a newbie

No dude, that's not the idea of the thread, to post up your own bets and if people follow you then ok.
    A tip in gambling terms is a bet suggested by a third party who is perceived to be more knowledgeable about that subject than the bookmaker who sets the prices. An individual following such tips would be "beating the bookie" by winning a greater number of times than the odds for each bet would suggest was likely

• Registered Users Posts: 53,835 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

The mods are going to kill me when they see all this lol :D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

shangri la wrote: »
    "its a random"
    you dont know if its a random bet, he may have used Poisson distribution, knowledge and intuition of both teams among 20 other factors and not bothered to mention it.

"one off bet"
    do you realise that 99%+ of bets are one off bets. Varying factors are what creates value.

"no knowledge of the starting line ups"
    Due to injuries/suspensions and holidays the starting lineups can be very closly predicted.

"nearly 20 euro"
    When did 18 euro start being referenced as nearly 20 euro?

"If Headshot wants to blow it then grand"
    Are you mystic meg now?

I'm bored with you now, I can tell from the questions you ask that you play poker and bet sports but that doesn't mean you have the fainest idea of what you are doing in either so there is no need for the attitude. you are clearly a losing sports better without a doubt and from reading your ideas on poker you are at best a breakeven NL10 player so take a deep breath and don't bother getting pissy until you educate yourself enough to have an opinion worth listening to.

Now that is quite the most amusing BS post I've read on this forum for a while
    (I've a feeling you must be a re-reg) I have NO time whatsoever for Poker and you can trust me on that. As for the rest, cheap personalised comments/abuse gets you nowhere except a warning from a mod I'd suggest.

Oh and I'm definitely winning more than I'm loosing thank you :)

only1stevo wrote: »
    Mike65, your sizeable portfolio of failed logs with bizarre and nonsensical criteria, puts you in no position to criticize Headshots fun/crazy bet tonight.

He often finds great value, and has doesn't seem to hesitate in posting stakes and picks well before the games, some of which I have profited from.

No log is a failed log, you need to log to find out if they might work. I do make that clear with all of them.

mike65 wrote: »

Oh and I'm definitely winning more than I'm loosing thank you :)

Please start posting your profitable systems and logs man, I'd love too see them, because to be fair, you only seem to post the most ridiculously terrible ones on boards?

Please start posting your profitable systems and logs man, I'd love too see them, because to be fair, you only seem to post the most ridiculously terrible ones on boards?

I lol'd :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,610 ✭✭✭shocksy

Samich wrote: »
    No dude, that's not the idea of the thread, to post up your own bets and if people follow you then ok.

Well as far back as i can remember thats what people have always being doing in this thread, and no one has ever had a problem with it, i rarely if ever do it so it makes no odds to me either way.

In all honestly most people on here dont have a ''tip'' they are just betting on something they think has a chance or otherwise they woulnt bet on it.

A tip is inside knowledge or something that can be regarded as a strong fancy, and last time i checked, there is never a strong fancy in football because anything can happen.

And it was headshot who posted up his bet slip this evening which isnt a tip, so dont turn it around on people who are just giving opinions. Let the mods decide if a new thread needs to be made instead of everyone b!tching at each other on here. Christ some of you need to go over to the ladies lounge

• Advertisement

Headshot.....who did you back that with :D:D it's been awhile since you were asked ;):p

No log is a failed log, you need to log to find out if they might work. I do make that clear with all of them.

Fair enough, thats your opinion. I just believe the stupid and far-out criteria for some of your logs completely contradict your comments regarding why Headshots bet was not to your taste.

• Registered Users Posts: 53,835 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

gudede wrote: »
    Headshot.....who did you back that with :D:D it's been awhile since you were asked ;):p

I wish I didnt post it now :pac:

• Site Banned Posts: 26,456 ✭✭✭✭Nuri Sahin

Chill the **** out lads. People can bet on whatever they want, and while reasoning is appreciated it's not necessary. I'm on the mobile atm, and will read through the thread later on when I get a chance. Again, relax! Cheers.

• Registered Users Posts: 307 ✭✭cizolin

Back Arsenal with correct score of 3-0/3-1, because I fancy a repeat of the last time they played in the F.A cup. Also backed angers v monaco both teams to score at evens. Monaco not up to their past glories but they managed to score 4 goals only a few days ago in a cup game. I wouldn't back them to win but both teams to score.....hopefully. Both bets with PP :) Let's roll

• Registered Users Posts: 2,256 ✭✭✭FlawedGenius

Oxlade Chamberlain Wincast 15/8. Two stockens up front Chamakh and Arshavin up top. Thats a good price I think.

Well as far back as i can remember thats what people have always being doing in this thread, and no one has ever had a problem with it, i rarely if ever do it so it makes no odds to me either way.

In all honestly most people on here dont have a ''tip'' they are just betting on something they think has a chance or otherwise they woulnt bet on it.

A tip is inside knowledge or something that can be regarded as a strong fancy, and last time i checked, there is never a strong fancy in football because anything can happen.

And it was headshot who posted up his bet slip this evening which isnt a tip, so dont turn it around on people who are just giving opinions. Let the mods decide if a new thread needs to be made instead of everyone b!tching at each other on here. Christ some of you need to go over to the ladies lounge

Then if that's the case, re name the thread to football bets. As far as I'm concerned, if say sao paulo are playing and someone comes along and says their away form is awful while the home team has been solid at home, then that's knowledge.

Are you saying everyone who makes a bet can give tips?

I know nothing about horses but I have a bet on the grand national. How would people like it if I posted by random pick for the day when there was no reasoning for picking it?

Fair enough, thats your opinion. I just believe the stupid and far-out criteria for some of your logs completely contradict your comments regarding why Headshots bet was not to your taste.

There is a crucial difference - the logs are paper picks not real bets (only an idiot would test a theory with real money), Headshot is using real money.

cizolin wrote: »
    Back Arsenal with correct score of 3-0/3-1, because I fancy a repeat of the last time they played in the F.A cup. Also backed angers v monaco both teams to score at evens. Monaco not up to their past glories but they managed to score 4 goals only a few days ago in a cup game. I wouldn't back them to win but both teams to score.....hopefully. Both bets with PP :) Let's roll

Yeah I had 3 euro left in my account and went for 2-0,3-0 and 3-1. I wonder is there much success from doing this type of bet as the odds are decent.

• Site Banned Posts: 26,456 ✭✭✭✭Nuri Sahin

Oxlade Chamberlain Wincast 15/8. Two stockens up front Chamakh and Arshavin up top. Thats a good price I think.

Exactly what I've gone for as well. He's impressed whenever I've seen him so here's hoping.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,303 ✭✭✭Lasagna Diarra

double:
    Angers / Cliftonville

Treble:
    Angers / Cliftonville / under 2.5 in the Braga game

Also, can I get odds on Chamack NOT to score? :p

• Registered Users Posts: 442 ✭✭kev250

double:
    Angers / Cliftonville

Treble:
    Angers / Cliftonville / under 2.5 in the Braga game

Also, can I get odds on Chamack NOT to score? :p

That would be a very good bet, surpried betfair do not have markets for that;)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,303 ✭✭✭Lasagna Diarra

btw, the odds on Angers keep dropping, similar to what happened with Bastia and they won.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,610 ✭✭✭shocksy

Samich wrote: »
    Then if that's the case, re name the thread to football bets. As far as I'm concerned, if say sao paulo are playing and someone comes along and says their away form is awful while the home team has been solid at home, then that's knowledge.

Are you saying everyone who makes a bet can give tips?

I know nothing about horses but I have a bet on the grand national. How would people like it if I posted by random pick for the day when there was no reasoning for picking it?

When did i say everyone who makes a bet can give tips???? point that out to me please????

I said this is a place where people can come on and post what they have backed, just as el loca ade has said, no reasoning required, doesnt have to be a tip whatsoever, if people dont like it then tough, leave the forum.

Went for O'Dea to get booked tonight @ 5/2 and first card at 12/1.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,377 ✭✭✭Smithwicks Man

Lads would it be alright if I put 20 quid on Chamberlain anytime scorer?
    Somebody might think this is a silly bet and I may need to reflect on my life before I decide to throw away my money... :P

Relax would yas! A tip on this is like a tip anywhere else, take it or leave it. If you think somebody is making a stupid bet then don't follow them on it, simple as that.

That being said, I think Chamberlain anytime scorer @ 7/4 is good value considering Chamakh and Arshavin are both poor players and only Ramsey/Arteta seem to be threats to him scoring.

Worth 20 beans me thinks!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,408 ✭✭✭ft9

Headshot wrote: »
    FA Cup Matches Arsenal v Leeds
    09-01-2012 19:45
    Half-Time/Full-Time
    Leeds / Leeds @ 20/1
    Your Bets
    Win
    Single: Leeds / Leeds @ 20/1
    1 line at €18.00 per line
    Total stake for this bet: €18.00
    Potential returns: €378.00

crazy crazy bet

Praying to the gods this bet comes in for the laugh:D

• Registered Users Posts: 9,351 ✭✭✭magherakid

Cliftonville v Dungannon
    Cliftonville HT Cliftonville FT 11/10
    This game is on Sky Sports 1 not a game to get involved in heavy with

• Registered Users Posts: 293 ✭✭Amigomenor

There is a crucial difference - the logs are paper picks not real bets (only an idiot would test a theory with real money), Headshot is using real money.

Disagree.

• Advertisement

ft9 wrote: »
    Praying to the gods this bet comes in for the laugh:D

I've put 10c on it to make sure it doesn't :p

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement