Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Mattress

• 10-12-2013 10:08am
    Registered Users Posts: 25

Any recommendations? Had a King Koil memory foam but have to replace it because of the back pain that came with it!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 199 ✭✭The Gride

Hi

My brother had a King Koil Aspen and it didn't last very long. He since bought a Harrison pillow top. Its 10000 pocket sprung. Made in Uk . Have a look at www.harrisonbeds.co.uk

It was around the same price as King Koil.

• Registered Users Posts: 25 vwpolo

Thanks will have alook.

• Registered Users Posts: 3 kateilou

i'm looking for a mattress aswell,i heard the memory foam ones are great but that you can become too warm in them.

• Registered Users Posts: 3 bonusbeds

A new mattress needs to do just 2 things:

1. Good comfort
    2. Good support

These are very different for everyone, as what one person likes another doesn't.........so you must try before you buy!

Also, never buy a new mattress just on price alone. The mattress you use as your every night bed should be the best mattress you can afford at any given time in your life, it's an investment in your wellbeing.

On the memory foam question, not all memory foam is made equal! Some of the heat issues people have mentioned are because the foam is too dense and does not allow the airflow around the body and mattress, therefore heat is generated.

Take the advise of a good quality retailer in your area (maybe ask friends, family or Boards.ie for recommendations) and take your time in purchasing the one that is right for you. Any good retailer worth the weight will spend as much time with you to get the right end result for your back and your pocket!

• Registered Users Posts: 10 earanon

Hiya.
    My wife is of the same opinion where memory foam is concerned.

We brought a cal king bed and mattress home from the states with us 10 years ago. We now need to replace the mattress but I can't seem to find the size at all in Ireland.W 72 L 84 in inches or W 183 L 213 in cm

Does anyone know anywhere that sells Californian king mattress's?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 199 ✭✭The Gride

earanon wrote: »
    Hiya.
    My wife is of the same opinion where memory foam is concerned.

We brought a cal king bed and mattress home from the states with us 10 years ago. We now need to replace the mattress but I can't seem to find the size at all in Ireland.W 72 L 84 in inches or W 183 L 213 in cm

Does anyone know anywhere that sells Californian king mattress's?

I posted on this thread about Harrison beds. They come in any length, width and height. Look here :

https://www.facebook.com/stylishinteriors.ie?ref=hl

There is a You tube video of an actual mattress been manufactured and a prize of a €2000 bed for some lucky winner.

• Registered Users Posts: 1 catk00

anyone know or have any opinions on the naturalsleep.ie royal mattress? were trying to get a new mattress that's good relief for lower back/hip pain and tendonitis in the shoulder, this one was recommened? would appreciate help on this decision?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 129 ✭✭jimmer123

catk00 wrote: »
    anyone know or have any opinions on the naturalsleep.ie royal mattress? were trying to get a new mattress that's good relief for lower back/hip pain and tendonitis in the shoulder, this one was recommened? would appreciate help on this decision?

I invested in the natural sleep companies natures touch bed and find it great. I would definitely recommend it. I rang the company and had a chat to the owner which I thought was great to be able to do. I would recommend this mattress/bed

• Registered Users Posts: 52 ✭✭stephenamccann

Looking for good mattress for back back. Any suggestions?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 129 ✭✭jimmer123

I would recommend the bed I bought, have back issues myself and fight it great.

• Advertisement
Advertisement