Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Linda throws away $50million on the Ct Senate Race *2012 Edition* Result inside!

• 05-11-2012 9:59am
    Registered Users Posts: 6,101 ✭✭✭MitchKoobski

Linda teasing a face turn...
    http://2012.talkingpointsmemo.com/2012/11/linda-mcmahon-vote-for-obama.php?ref=fpb
    Connecticut Republican Senate nominee Linda McMahon has been telling voters lately that it’s okay to vote for President Obama as well as her. Now she’s taking it a step further — and getting about as far away from her own party’s nominee for president as she can — and actually urging voters to cast their ballots for Obama as well as in the final days of the campaign.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,425 ✭✭✭montyrebel

please god, allah, whoever that this is the end of the PG era, finally

• Registered Users Posts: 367 ✭✭Horsebox9000

How anyone ever thought The Rock would appear on that show is beyond me. Chap is a multi millionaire. I doubt he needs tips on how to eat spiders from Johnny Rotten.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,469 ✭✭✭✭GTR63

I wouldn't mind seeing New Jack in it.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,849 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

GTR63 wrote: »
    I wouldn't mind seeing New Jack in it.

And leave him in there

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,089 ✭✭✭✭rovert

That isn't a face turn by Linda she needs to convert democrats into voters for her if she has the remotest prayer.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,646 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

rovert wrote: »
    That isn't a face turn by Linda she needs to convert democrats into voters for her if she has the remotest prayer.

Yea she has No Chance, No chance in hell.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,908 ✭✭✭Mr.Saturn

Given how cynical she's proved herself already, I can fully envision her running as a Democrat in 2016.

lockie1983 wrote: »
    Yea she has No Chance, No chance in hell.

Unlike when Vince used to say it she really does have no chance despite spending another what $50m on this campain. More of a chance of me marrying Eva Mendes than there is of her getting in.

GTR63 wrote: »
    Unlike when Vince used to say it she really does have no chance despite spending another what $50m on this campain. More of a chance of me marrying Eva Mendes than there is of her getting in.

50m last election and 47m this go around. Most other women are happy with a new kitchen. :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,158 ✭✭✭✭ Alexzander Purple Mitt

Is Linda defo not gettin elected so?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16,500 ✭✭✭✭DEFTLEFTHAND

That's what it looks like. You'd imagine this will be it for her political aspirations. She'll be 68 in 2016 and given the huge campaign costs I don't think she'd get many backers for a third attempt.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,158 ✭✭✭✭ Alexzander Purple Mitt

That's what it looks like. You'd imagine this will be it for her political aspirations. She'll be 68 in 2016 and given the huge campaign costs I don't think she'd get many backers for a third attempt.

Please god let this be it and let vince get back too "edgy" tv story lines again!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,402 ✭✭✭Tinie

Does anyone know if Vince would actually consider changing back to more adult oriented wrestling if Linda does indeed give up on getting a seat? Not a attitude era rehash, but just a more modern, non PG wrestling show. Like I know wrestling wont ever reach the heights it had back in the late 90s, early 00s, but are WWE making anywhere near as much profit as they were back then, or even as much profit, or more than say back in 2005 when it wasnt PG tv?

As if they're making more profit now than 5 years ago, because of the toy deals, childresn shows etc, then I doubt WWE will become more "edgy" again.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,403 ✭✭✭spiritcrusher

Congress elections are every two years, not four, so you never know what the crazy lady might do...

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,343 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Tinie wrote: »
    Does anyone know if Vince would actually consider changing back to more adult oriented wrestling if Linda does indeed give up on getting a seat? Not a attitude era rehash, but just a more modern, non PG wrestling show. Like I know wrestling wont ever reach the heights it had back in the late 90s, early 00s, but are WWE making anywhere near as much profit as they were back then, or even as much profit, or more than say back in 2005 when it wasnt PG tv?

As if they're making more profit now than 5 years ago, because of the toy deals, childresn shows etc, then I doubt WWE will become more "edgy" again.

I know this debate has been had before, but the fact wrestling isn't "adult oriented" isn't the problem with WWE at the moment. It's possibly to be PG and still be edgy. The problem lies with the fact the writers aren't producing good material, and that wouldn't change if it was PG or Rated R.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,500 ✭✭✭✭DEFTLEFTHAND

I know this debate has been had before, but the fact wrestling isn't "adult oriented" isn't the problem with WWE at the moment. It's possibly to be PG and still be edgy. The problem lies with the fact the writers aren't producing good material, and that wouldn't change if it was PG or Rated R.

That's a good point, the PG rating still offers a good scope for what you can do. If I remember correctly WCW were PG during their time on top in the 90s.

Congress elections are every two years, not four, so you never know what the crazy lady might do...

Surely after spending 100m, failing twice and wwe walking on eggshells she will take the Hint.
    And I want her to give it up cause after playing WWE13 I want them to make a proper attitude era dvd that seems to have got nixed.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,136 ✭✭✭✭Penn

In fairness though, how restricted are they in what they can and can't do because of PG?

I don't think anything will change if Linda got elected or not. Look at the amount of money WWE are making off crap like the Brawlin' Buddies or whatever. All the toys and stuff are probably a huge earner for them. Keeping it PG is probably more commercial and profitable.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 12,013 Mod ✭✭✭✭jaykhunter

I agree but it must also be said, it's not the writers' fault, it's ultimately Vince, Stephanie and HHH's fault as they are responsible for what airs. I doubt writers keep pushing for Brodus dance segments...

• Registered Users Posts: 28,725 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

The thing is that it's closer to U than PG. They censor themselves so often for stuff that can be seen on primetime television.
    I think that's what part of the problem is. It sometimes seems like it could do something but then backs away from it because they're not allowed to do it.

• Advertisement

Split into it's own thread.

381896_509371225749150_1033004096_n.jpg

Yes, she's a republican, and has raised over $150k for fellow Republican Mitt Romney, but she's curiously backing Democrat Obama as well. Maybe she flip-flopped to go with the winning side?

She was also officially warned for "deceitful tactics" after sending out a mailer that intentionally misled recipients into thinking it was sent out by the State of Connecticut.

The silver-lining to this s**tstorm of awful business is that not one cent of WWE's money went to this expensive excursion, it was all from the McMahons' pockets.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,156 ✭✭✭Ridley

jaykhunter wrote: »
    I agree but it must also be said, it's not the writers' fault, it's ultimately Vince, Stephanie and HHH's fault as they are responsible for what airs. I doubt writers keep pushing for Brodus dance segments...

As an experiment, I'd quite like to see them announce that They're going back to PG-13 but not actually change their approach just to see if anyone starts praising the shows for being edgy again.

The silver-lining to this s**tstorm of awful business is that not one cent of WWE's money went to this expensive excursion, it was all from the McMahons' pockets.

Tell that to the wrestlers or WWE office staff who prefer those profits being re-distributed. Some said last week $47m was equal to and not larger than the entire WWE payroll.

An interesting dimension to this that the lack of firings the past while as Linda has been running as a jobs creator - one of the reasons why Cameron wasn't fired after her DUI. If Linda loses it will be interesting to see how long they wait until they let a bunch of Wrestlers go. Personally I am iffy on whether there are wrestlers to be let go as a lot of Wrestlers left of their own accord this year especially Divas.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,110 ✭✭✭takamichinoku

On the plus side, all this endorsing of Obama is clearly her going all out, Republicans won't endorse her a third time after it, even if she's incredibly cheap for them.

...mind you, isn't conneticut a Democrat stronghold? What exactly was she expecting with her background and all?

I thought I heard someone say she actually put more money in this time than the last time?

Have to wonder what Vince makes of it all, is he just agreeing to it all to shut her up? Can't imagine the two of them spent more than a few days together at best over the last few months with her campaigning and his regular crazy schedule.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,124 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

Tell that to the wrestlers or WWE office staff who prefer those profits being re-distributed. Some said last week $47m was equal to and not larger than the entire WWE payroll.

An interesting dimension to this that the lack of firings the past while as Linda has been running as a jobs creator - one of the reasons why Cameron wasn't fired after her DUI. If Linda loses it will be interesting to see how long they wait until they let a bunch of Wrestlers go. Personally I am iffy on whether there are wrestlers to be let go as a lot of Wrestlers left of their own accord this year especially Divas.

http://lolwrestling.com/howlonghasjtgbeenemployed/

• Registered Users Posts: 6,166 ✭✭✭Stereomaniac

He's been there longer than a lot of the boys. He should be actually on television each week!

Is there anything Steph can't do?

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,073 Mod ✭✭✭✭DM_7

Its the amount of air time that is the problem. Its not possible to engage an audience for that long (RAW) every week. In a month they have to write more than the whole Nolan Batman movies put together.

so they use filler and they use lazy filler as they know they can't keep peoples attention all that time. So they put no energy into those parts of the show and focus on the key parts they want you to remember.

oh yeah and politics is screwed up if you need all that money to be a representative of the people. How anyone who spends 50 million on an election can claim to represent the people is beyond me.

Interesting. Do you think RAW would be amazing if it was 90 minutes each week?

It's a vanity project for Linda. I know they're not hurting for cash but the McMahons were BILLIONaires when they put WWF on the stock market, and now they have about $300million. And pissing away $100million on this, it's just a lot of money pissed away.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,623 ✭✭✭Dancor

Steph vid

Steph sounds so sexy hablar Espanol!!!

Linda is a gob****e with the backing Obama thing. Republicans will also turn on her.

Advertisement