Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Boards Winter Kit Thread

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 648 ✭✭✭slap/dash

Just a quick question: there are no leg warmers on the order, right?

• Registered Users Posts: 559 ✭✭✭fillup

Ok, possibly a stoopid question but remember there are no stoopid questions only.....

If you're a large and you're buying a jacket (the defender in this case) shouldn't you get a large as the manufactures would have factored in that this is a jacket that is going to have a few layers under it?

Cheers

fillup wrote: »
    Ok, possibly a stoopid question but remember there are no stoopid questions only.....

If you're a large and you're buying a jacket (the defender in this case) shouldn't you get a large as the manufactures would have factored in that this is a jacket that is going to have a few layers under it?

Cheers

If it's really like the gabba, then no. The strecgabiliy of the fabric is what makes it warm. Ie it should be tight to ensure warmth

slap/dash wrote: »
    If it's really like the gabba, then no. The strecgabiliy of the fabric is what makes it warm. Ie it should be tight to ensure warmth

So you get whatever size you are normally?

And is there anywhere in Dublin that stocks Gabbas so I could try one on?

• Subscribers Posts: 19,425 ✭✭✭✭Oryx

Base2race

• Advertisement

Oryx wrote: »
    Base2race

Cheers Oryx but Ballymount is a fair auld hike from my North Side gaff

I know yer man in Howth,Bike Hub, stocks the Castelli but does anyone know if he stocks tha Gabba?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,679 ✭✭✭bcmf

slap/dash wrote: »
    Just a quick question: there are no leg warmers on the order, right?
    Right as in No. Didnt think there would be enough demand for them!

Not for me. I'm an XXL but in the gabba I'm an XL. Bike hub in howth stocks them.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,220 ✭✭✭Boscoirl

Boscoirl wrote: »
    Put myself down for the defender

going to have to take my name off the list, turns out I am broke :(:D

Fellow Boards'ies
    Can you put your size's in beside what you have ordered.please

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 189 ✭✭marcofan

Hi All

the DeFends are a tight race/aero fit jersey that would accomodate a base layer and a short sleeve jersey under neath at most
    Verge try there best that if you are a large in a jersey you will be a large in a Defend or thermal jacket for instance but its not an exact sicence. remember if you have a boards jersey already and its a snug fit then go up a size for the DeFend as the normal jerseys are a sports fit and the DeFend is a race fit

• Registered Users Posts: 423 ✭✭zindicato

just gonna fit one tomorrow in BH then put my order in for the defender

Right,
    Been chatting with the one they call 'Dav'.
    Boards HQ can be used as the pick up point again. (Cheers Dav). If you need it posted either drop me a pm or Dav.
    We will be paying into Boards account and Lucca sports will bill Boards.
    The next bit is important.

LAST DAY FOR PAYMENT IS COB FRIDAY 17TH OCTOBER.IF YOU HAVENT PAID BY THEN YOUR ORDER WILL BE CANCELLED AS THE ORDER WILL BE PLACED ON THE MONDAY.

ITS EXTREMELY IMPORTANT THAT YOU PUT YOUR BOARDS USERNAME AS THE REFERENCE WHEN PAYING SO WE KNOW WHO HAS PAID WHAT.

Any questions?

Good.
    Carry on.

errrrr.. kinda afraid to ask after the shouty bit.....

How do we make the payment

and where is Boards HQ?

cheers

AFAIK remember Boards are Ulster Bank but havent got details of their account.

And Boards HQ is on Golden Lane just off St Great Georges Street in D2 (or is it D.8)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,259 ✭✭✭Hunterbiker

Is it too late to order?

Is it too late to order?

Nope. Spreadsheet a few pages back.

• Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 74,773 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

Just paid, then realised Dav sent out PMs with the payment details last time. Can't imagine they've closed the account, but is Dav intending doing the same again? Alternatively I (or he) can post the account details here

Beasty wrote: »
    Can't imagine they've closed the account, but is Dav intending doing the same again? Alternatively I (or he) can post the account details here

Wouldnt imagine they have changed but you wouldn't know!
    Yeah similar to last time except they wont be prepaying so whoever has paid by the Friday - that will be the order!#

I think the details will be sent by pm. I think the accounting people were overly excited about having the details in a public forum.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,598 ✭✭✭rizzodun

So... I'm waiting for the pm with the payment details then? Once the whole colour of MTB jersey is ironed out of course.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 12,807 ✭✭✭✭Orion

Dav is afk until the 14th. Seems even he gets holidays occasionally. Niamh is the one to ask about the bank account in his absence.

I won't have the money until the 17th. I can do a lodgement that day - or drop it in to HQ at lunchtime (bank draft if necessary). If neither is suitable then I'll have to wait until the next order :(

Orion wrote: »
    Dav is afk until the 14th. Seems even he gets holidays occasionally. Niamh is the one to ask about the bank account in his absence.

I won't have the money until the 17th. I can do a lodgement that day - or drop it in to HQ at lunchtime (bank draft if necessary). If neither is suitable then I'll have to wait until the next order :(
    A lodgement on the Friday is fine.Once its in their account.
    And how do I get in touch with this 'Niamh' person?

• Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 74,773 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

bcmf wrote: »
    PM her

• Registered Users Posts: 179 ✭✭Robertd_07

Question, are the bibs just regular, or roubaix/fleece lined?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,228 ✭✭✭✭ednwireland

seeing as i rarely meet other boardsies in the real world (esp since i have been off the bike - about to change) any info on postage or is that sorted seperatley?

thanks to everyone for sorting this btw

• Registered Users Posts: 189 ✭✭marcofan

bibs are regular

• Boards.ie Employee Posts: 12,597 ✭✭✭✭✭Boards.ie: Niamh
    Boards.ie Community Manager

bcmf wrote: »
    A lodgement on the Friday is fine.Once its in their account.
    You can PM me like you would anyone else on Boards :D
    Beasty wrote: »
    Thanks Beasty.

The bank details are the same as before so if you still have those, use them, if you don't you can PM me for the details. Cheers :)

seeing as i rarely meet other boardsies in the real world (esp since i have been off the bike - about to change) any info on postage or is that sorted seperatley?

thanks to everyone for sorting this btw

I don't know how Dav sorted. Postage on the last order but of its an issue I can pick it up for you and post up to Mordor sorry Donegal for ya.

• Registered Users Posts: 87 ✭✭BremoreDave

Sitting looking out at the rain so I decided to put my name down for the Entropa

• Advertisement

Sitting looking out at the rain so I decided to put my name down for the Entropa

You know it makes sense.

Advertisement