Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Boards Winter Kit Thread

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,679 ✭✭✭bcmf

Yeah the new design will be different. Different as in exactly the same.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,875 ✭✭✭✭MugMugs

Definitely game for the MTB jersey. Posting this merely to follow the thread and keep an eye out for it. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,477 ✭✭✭rollingscone

I've decided to resist the giddy new job urge to buy new kit and wait for this instead.

Defo tempted by the Gabba (esque?)

I've decided to resist the giddy new job urge to buy new kit and wait for this instead.

Defo tempted by the Gabba (esque?)

You know it's right!
    The Defender (Gabba) jacket /Jersey is definitely an interesting development.

• Registered Users Posts: 423 ✭✭zindicato

count me in on this one

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 23,204 Mod ✭✭✭✭godtabh

Any update on design (with the new gear) or photos of the new gear.

godtabh wrote: »
    Any update on design (with the new gear) or photos of the new gear.

Do you have access to my bloody email or something......:pac:

Yeah I got designs today but I didnt like one of them (my fault not theirs) so its gone back for a tweek.
    I also have a picture of the Defender jacket (Verge version of the Gabba) in non boards colours.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 23,204 Mod ✭✭✭✭godtabh

bcmf wrote: »
    Do you have access to my bloody email or something......:pac:

Yeah I got designs today but I didnt like one of them (my fault not theirs) so its gone back for a tweek.
    I also have a picture of the Defender jacket (Verge version of the Gabba) in non boards colours.

If I was you I'd delete those dodgy photos before they are leaked

Ok. I have the design and have sent it onto Dav for OK'king.
    Basically all long sleeve versions of jackets and jerseys will be off the same design. Myself or marcofan will go into the different styles/models of jackets/jerseys in a day or two along with prices.

• Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 75,269 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

Do you want us to put a poll up to gauge interest (without commitment) in various options?

• Advertisement

Beasty wrote: »
    Do you want us to put a poll up to gauge interest (without commitment) in various options?

I think we are ok but (and I need to confirm) but I don't think min order is applicable. But if it changes and when the mocks get posted and the different styles are explained then we can take it from there.

• Registered Users Posts: 189 ✭✭marcofan

no min order lads so feel free to order without worrying that an item will be cancelled due to it not making a minimum quantity

• Subscribers Posts: 19,425 ✭✭✭✭Oryx

This gabbaesque jacket. Will it have the same water and windproofing?

• Registered Users Posts: 189 ✭✭marcofan

i am told its the same material as castelli use but with the added benefit that it can be fully subliminated for printing. its so new i wont have my own samples until the 19th to test in our lovely weather

subliminated - nice word

Oryx wrote: »
    This gabbaesque jacket. Will it have the same water and windproofing?

Ok I got these details this morning about The Defender (Gabba) Jersey/jacket

4way stretch fabric

Wind and Waterproof

Tight Aero Fit

High Collar with soft inner lining

Full separating zipper

Reflective detail for safety

Long back fabric (extra material below pockets ) to help keep you dry.
    (I presume this is a tail but will confirm when samples are in hand.)

27y7byh.png

Hot 100% set in stone but should give a good idea

Thanks godtabh.
    Basically all long sleeve versions will be as per the L/S in the design above.
    All sleeveless as per design.
    The full tights will be as per 3/4's but with the lower leg just plain black.
    I will post prices as soon as they are confirmed
    as well as MTB Jersey design.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,280 ✭✭✭Garzard

Just seeing from the picture, are SS Jerseys & Bib Shorts also part of the order, for want of a better word?

Garzard wrote: »
    Just seeing from the picture, are SS Jerseys & Bib Shorts also part of the order, for want of a better word?
    I reckon the designer just added this to the folder he has
    why? is their a desire for shorts and ss jersey?

• Advertisement

Shut up and take my money...just wait till I have money again after splurging on Scirrocos...I'll definitely be getting tights and the defender, might be a bit OTT for me to have more than two Boards jerseys.

Shut up and take my money...just wait till I have money again after splurging on Scirrocos...I'll definitely be getting tights and the defender, might be a bit OTT for me but I want more than two Boards jerseys.
    deffo Not OTT.....;)

You haven't seen the state of me, I'll bring the brand down.

• Registered Users Posts: 502 ✭✭✭bazzamac

What's the difference between the entropa and pelta jackets?

bazzamac wrote: »
    What's the difference between the entropa and pelta jackets?

I will have to trawl through my emails to get the difference.
    When I find it I will post.
    I may be gone a while!

• Registered Users Posts: 679 ✭✭✭just-joe

General winter cycling question which will help decision making:

Is it not common to have full length bib shorts? For autumn/winter, do people go with normal shorts or 3/4s and then leg warmers? Or do people go for full lengths?

Arigato.

just-joe wrote: »
    General winter cycling question which will help decision making:

Is it not common to have full length bib shorts? For autumn/winter, do people go with normal shorts or 3/4s and then leg warmers? Or do people go for full lengths?

Arigato.

For me its either shorts with knee warmers or 3/4s for anything except really cold and winter bib tights for the really cold!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,280 ✭✭✭Garzard

bcmf wrote: »
    I reckon the designer just added this to the folder he has
    why? is their a desire for shorts and ss jersey?

Never mind, just checking. If they had been included I might've put them down in advance of next summer but I realised that ordering two full SS + LS kits, the gilet and the MTB jersey would put a huge dent in the wallet. I'll wait for the next summer order to get the SS kit.

• Registered Users Posts: 284 ✭✭Puggy

Dumb question, is there a Boards Club or can anyone order the Board Gear?

• Advertisement

Puggy wrote: »
    Dumb question, is there a Boards Club or can anyone order the Board Gear?

Anyone can order.

Advertisement