Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Barber in Blanchardstown?

• 02-06-2015 4:26pm
    Registered Users Posts: 311 ✭✭

Hi all!
    I've looked through some threads in this section and in Fitness & Appearance, but most of them were old and outdated and didn't trust the information in them too much.

I know there's Rossos Barbers outside the shopping centre, but I read a negative review on Facebook and that made me change my mind. I couldn't find too much about them, not even a website or a proper Facebook page with more than two reviews.

Inside the shopping centre I saw there's Dawson Barbers. Small parlor, tons of kids in queue all the times, but the barbers there looked pretty good (well, who would trust a barber with a horrible haircut on themselves?). Do you know anything about them?

In the village I know there's Grafton Barbers but never even went to take a peak. Reading here I know they changed staff this year, so I couldn't find any useful information on these new guys.

I don't care too much about the price, I just don't want them to mess up my hair or giving me some sort of old guy kind of hairstyle.

I basically would like to keep my current one which is like in this picture I found, it looks pretty easy to mantain but I can guarantee some barbers have no idea how to make it :eek: Occasionally I have to run home after the barber to fix it myself :D I'm not the kind of guy who says "everything's wrong" when they ask if they did a good job or not... I just need clippers on the sides and a little bit of scissors on the top and from there I can fix it myself with wax.

Last year I was living in Dublin 8 and I was used to go to the Grafton Barbers in Jervis. Even though they are way too expensive for what they do, the guy there knew how to do a proper haircut as I wanted it. Unfortunately they changed the staff earlier this year, I went there a few times and have been served by three different barbers as of now and two of them were even absolutely unpolite and unprofessional (not even a "thank you, goodbye" while paying). I decided not to go back there ever again, but now I'm wondering if I'll find another decent barber around that won't run away after a few months :confused:

Thank you!!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,176 ✭✭✭ongarite

Barber in the Ben Dunne Westpoint gym is worth checking out if that's the style you have and want to maintain.

• Registered Users Posts: 367 ✭✭Finglas Incubus

Have had negative experiences with that barbers you mention in the centre beside the post office and the one beside the bookies in Clonsilla, I would not return to either.

You pay a slight premium in the Grafton Barber but in my experience, you get a consistently good haircut , I recommend them. The barbers in Ongar Village are pretty good too. Don't be afraid to bring a picture of your desired haircut along to help the barber out.

• Registered Users Posts: 88 ✭✭whatsername42

I disagree in terms of Rossos, the barber in the blanchardstown centre. I found them to be friendly and skilled. And they are always packed so that's a good sign.

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 47,247 ✭✭✭✭Zaph

The only barbers I've ever been to where I was cut by the person cutting my hair is Rossos. They didn't even tell me, it was only when I got home that I found blood on my collar. I'll never go back there again.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 158 ✭✭Fuseman

There is a guy in Coolmine Industrial estate, near PowerCity entrance. He used to work in Joes Barber in Roselawn and has set up on his own. Very good cut and very reasonable - €7 mid-week and €10 at the weekend.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 558 ✭✭✭Larsso30

Fuseman wrote: »
    There is a guy in Coolmine Industrial estate, near PowerCity entrance. He used to work in Joes Barber in Roselawn and has set up on his own. Very good cut and very reasonable - €7 mid-week and €10 at the weekend.

just about to say the same , hes brilliant so he is. only place i go to get my haircut. and works late and 7 days

• Registered Users Posts: 4,360 ✭✭✭Dartz

Roy's Barbers in Mountview.

Run by an absolute gentleman. Been going there for near on 20 years or more.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,376 ✭✭✭Shemale

Surprised by the negative comments about Rossos, have been going there for about 10 years and never had a problem with the cut they gave me or the service

• Registered Users Posts: 636 ✭✭✭Bucklesman

I'm also surprised to see Rosso's dissed. I've never been disappointed with a cut there, and the older barber there in particular is very knowledgeable.

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 47,247 ✭✭✭✭Zaph

Just to clarify, I never said there was anything wrong with how my hair was cut in Rossos, it was always fine when I went there. My issue with them is that they cut the back of my neck and never even told me. If you want a decent haircut you'll get one there, but I have my own reason for never going back.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 88 ✭✭whatsername42

The older barber in Rossos is fantastic with children. My son won't let any other barber in Dublin cut his hair. For children who are terrified of having their hair cut, he is brilliant with them.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,856 ✭✭✭dodzy

Another plug for the lad in Rosso's. Went in to him for years without issue. I remember my last visit to him years back and when he asked what I wanted, I pointed to one of the pics above, ye know the ones with the male models, hair all perfect, not dissimilar to the attached image in the OP, and I said "make me look like that", and he let a shout over to the girl on the desk and asked her to call a plastic surgeon. The place erupted. Good craic he is.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 431 ✭✭NegativeOne

Fuseman wrote: »

Is it boshka?

• Registered Users Posts: 311 ✭✭JackHeuston

Replying a month later... I had a chance to go to both Rosso's and Grafton barbers, both pretty good! I couldn't of course had a proper cut both times in such a short period, but they know how to fix those details.

I know what you mean with the lad at Rosso's! I couldn't get him to cut my hair though since he preferred to make me skip in front of a kid that he was going to do as soon as he was done with another customer. Decent cut, just asked to cut the sides and back. It took less than 10 minutes, the price was fair too and the lady working the cash register was extremely polite! Will go back for sure

Advertisement