Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Chillout Zone (Off-Topic Thread)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,228 ✭✭✭honerbright

For some reason he wants lots of fuss but only in the bathroom.

The only time Cinnamon will give me hugs is when I'm in the bathroom! It's full on purring, drooling, head bopping and kneading. Only time she'll hug my OH is in the middle of dinner, she'll always try and sneak her way on to his lap.

Ignores us the rest of the time :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,009 ✭✭✭SingItOut

I'm making Moones appointment to be groomed tomorrow, she hasn't been to the groomer since november as her fur takes ages to grow back so there isn't that much to clip off! She doesn't like being left anywhere on her own so no doubt she'll have a sulky little head on her when I leave her in and pick her up :D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,412 ✭✭✭toadfly

Lex had surgery for luxating patella a week ago so is still on crate rest. We had her in the sitting room in her crate last night while we watched telly and I think Oz misses her! He usually spends hours in the evening sitting on top of her licking her and last night he just lay beside her crate near her head. He usually sleeps with her too so he's not coping very well being away from her.

Have to bring her back at the end of the week to get stitches out. Hoping she gets better soon.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 10,432 Mod ✭✭✭✭xzanti

I had my little guinea pig out in her run yesterday evening and the neighbours dog managed to make his way into our garden and flip the cage over :(

My OH caught him just in time and got her out of his mouth but she's totally traumatised.

I have an appointment with our Vet this afternoon to have her looked at. I rang every 24 hour Vet in our area and couldn't get an answer.. just kept getting answering machines giving us the same mobile number for the 'on call' vet in area but his phone was just giving an engaged tone every time we called it.. but anyway.

She's walking fine and has been eating and going to the toilet, which is a good sign I guess.. but I'm so worried that I'll be told she has some sort of internal damage..

I feel so horrible for turning my back on her.. I was just upstairs gathering up some washing when I heard my OH screaming my name.. The shock of it :( when I saw him running the dog away and the cage flipped over I expected the worst, but the poor little critter was just hiding behind the lawn mower shaking :( we only have her 3 months.. but I've grown so attached to her.. just hoping and praying that she'll given the all clear today :(

• Registered Users Posts: 14,008 ✭✭✭✭tk123

Ah poor Lexi!! Hope she's ok. It'll be worth all the hassle when she's recovered! :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,277 ✭✭✭aonb

SingItOut wrote: »
    I'm making Moones appointment to be groomed tomorrow, she hasn't been to the groomer since november as her fur takes ages to grow back so there isn't that much to clip off! She doesn't like being left anywhere on her own so no doubt she'll have a sulky little head on her when I leave her in and pick her up :D

The MOONE FAN CLUB will be waiting patiently for MANY photos of our girl with her new 'do' :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,635 ✭✭✭Pumpkinseeds

I get so annoyed when I see people walking dogs at the hottest points of the day. Even worse was the man with the little Jack Russell this morning, he'd stopped for a chat with someone and the poor dog was panting like mad in bright direct sunlight. I was dripping in sweat just walking up the road towards the sun, poor dog must've been really thirsty.

The other thing that really bugs me is the easy come easy go attitude a lot of Irish people have towards dogs. There's another little JR near us that spends most of his time on the street, outside someone elses house. The owners have a new pup that's locked in the back garden 24 hours a day. It's probably only a matter of time before that novelty has worn off and the pup is on the street.

They'd a little pregnant female that vanished and I saw her on a Rescue site not long after, when I enquired with the rescue to see if it was her the location she'd been found in meant someone had to drive her out to where she was found and dump her:mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,412 ✭✭✭toadfly

tk123 wrote: »
    Ah poor Lexi!! Hope she's ok. It'll be worth all the hassle when she's recovered! :)

Thanks TK, Ya I hope so. Hoping it won't be too long a road to recovery!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,339 ✭✭✭borderlinemeath

toadfly wrote: »
    Lex had surgery for luxating patella a week ago so is still on crate rest. We had her in the sitting room in her crate last night while we watched telly and I think Oz misses her! He usually spends hours in the evening sitting on top of her licking her and last night he just lay beside her crate near her head. He usually sleeps with her too so he's not coping very well being away from her.

Have to bring her back at the end of the week to get stitches out. Hoping she gets better soon.

Poor Lexi! At least she loves her crate though. It helps a lot with crate rest!

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 10,432 Mod ✭✭✭✭xzanti

xzanti wrote: »
    I had my little guinea pig out in her run yesterday evening and the neighbours dog managed to make his way into our garden and flip the cage over :(

My OH caught him just in time and got her out of his mouth but she's totally traumatised.

I have an appointment with our Vet this afternoon to have her looked at. I rang every 24 hour Vet in our area and couldn't get an answer.. just kept getting answering machines giving us the same mobile number for the 'on call' vet in area but his phone was just giving an engaged tone every time we called it.. but anyway.

She's walking fine and has been eating and going to the toilet, which is a good sign I guess.. but I'm so worried that I'll be told she has some sort of internal damage..

I feel so horrible for turning my back on her.. I was just upstairs gathering up some washing when I heard my OH screaming my name.. The shock of it :( when I saw him running the dog away and the cage flipped over I expected the worst, but the poor little critter was just hiding behind the lawn mower shaking :( we only have her 3 months.. but I've grown so attached to her.. just hoping and praying that she'll given the all clear today :(

She had a punctured rib and there was fluid building up around it :( they offered us an operation but she would only have had a 20% chance of pulling through and it just didn't seem fair to let her suffer any further.

RIP Moe :( you were the coolest little pal anyone could have.. I miss you so much already X

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,772 ✭✭✭✭Whispered

Oh no. You poor thing. :(

Ah no poor Moe!! ;(

• Registered Users Posts: 40 Melissa30

So sorry to hear about Moe xx

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,725 Mod ✭✭✭✭DBB

Poor Moe, I was reading your post this morning and was really rooting for her, so was sad to read your news tonight... She was a beautiful little thing and it sounds like she was well-loved too :-(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,009 ✭✭✭SingItOut

aonb wrote: »
    The MOONE FAN CLUB will be waiting patiently for MANY photos of our girl with her new 'do' :D

You'll all have to wait another few weeks I'm afraid! her groomer is completely booked up for the rest of the month unfortunately :( Moone herself was extra snuggly all day, she just wanted to be on my knee or up in my arms all day. She's spoilt rotten :D

We were on our walk yesterday evening and could hear my friend's dog barking like mad, I txt her joking about him and she called me back telling me to drop in. Well Bailey and Lucy went MAD running around the garden investigating - which she thought was hilarious lol! They were in to everything - Bailey even jumped into their pond and Lucy continued digging a hole that my friend's dog had started. The dog had been barking because her OH had left a burger in the bbq lol!!! :p

• Registered Users Posts: 8,637 ✭✭✭Milly33

Didn't want to start a new thread but said I would post incase it would help someone out... If anyone has a cat or kitten that is peeing around the house I have to highly recommend the Feliway plug in and the Simple Solution Stain and Odour remover. We have been driven nuts with out kitten, he took up having a dirty protest whenever we left the house.. he would pee at the door, by the rad, by the back door all that goes.. I tried everything from punishment *not nasty ones* to different sprays..Eventually I had to place something in the corners where he was peeing but then found he would still pee if he really wanted. Now the vet wanted to bring him in for test but I know theres nought wrong with him, his neutered and uses his kitter litter tray so I knew it could not be that. As a last resort at the weekend we called into Maxi Zoo and have the say the girl was loverly told us about this spray (I had tried others before) but she said this one breaks down the pee as such so eliminates it all, and the plug in we had heard off but were put off because of the price but tis worth it.. A week later and no pee yeah, its like a celebration when we come home and there is no stink.. I was put off using the plug ins because I thought he might be walking around a bit dopey but no luck his still as bonkers as ever but just more relaxed when we leave.. Anywho hope this might help someone else in the same boat, we were close to re-homing the chap if he didn't stop it was getting that bad so glad it worked

• Registered Users Posts: 3,189 ✭✭✭boomerang

This info might help for future reference...

A lot of litter box issues are sorted simply. It can be the case that the litter tray is too small, they don't like the litter, box is positioned somewhere they feel vulnerable, or they like to pee and poop in different boxes!

This little lad sounds distressed at being left home alone though - very understandable in a young kitten without another kitty for company.

PS My cat was peeing outside the litter tray last week but still pooping in the tray. I thought it was behavioural but I brought in a pee sample to the vet and checked to be on the safe side - he had a UTI! On antibiotics now since Saturday and he's right as rain again. Never discount a medical cause!

I'm getting really hacked off with Zooplus. I got our latest order yesterday, 24 tins of Bozita and 17 of the cans were badly dented, 1 was so squashed the lid had come away from the sides and leaked into the box. I redeemed some of our rewards points and whoever packed the box had put them under the 24 tins, so of course they were squashed.

It was a similar situation last month with the tins so I just wrote it off as a 1 off. This evening I emailed them a complaint with photos of the cans, so I'll see what they say.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,637 ✭✭✭Milly33

boomerang wrote: »
    This info might help for future reference...

A lot of litter box issues are sorted simply. It can be the case that the litter tray is too small, they don't like the litter, box is positioned somewhere they feel vulnerable, or they like to pee and poop in different boxes!

This little lad sounds distressed at being left home alone though - very understandable in a young kitten without another kitty for company.

PS My cat was peeing outside the litter tray last week but still pooping in the tray. I thought it was behavioural but I brought in a pee sample to the vet and checked to be on the safe side - he had a UTI! On antibiotics now since Saturday and he's right as rain again. Never discount a medical cause!

Oh believe me we had gone through everything. He just simply does not like when we leave the house..He never had an issue using his box he just like to use the floor aswell :)... We tried all types of things and this defo seems to be working

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,553 ✭✭✭mymo

I'm getting really hacked off with Zooplus. I got our latest order yesterday, 24 tins of Bozita and 17 of the cans were badly dented, 1 was so squashed the lid had come away from the sides and leaked into the box. I redeemed some of our rewards points and whoever packed the box had put them under the 24 tins, so of course they were squashed.

It was a similar situation last month with the tins so I just wrote it off as a 1 off. This evening I emailed them a complaint with photos of the cans, so I'll see what they say.

Try changing the courier on delivery, I did and no more damaged cans!
    Got two lots damaged badly before that, two since, no damage.

Edit:daughter just reminded me, one of the boxes of damaged tins had a zooplus distribution centre sticker saying re packed at (can't remember where but in Europe) distribution centre.
    So were damaged leaving zooplus care, so maybe a fluke.
    They do refund cost of cans, but it a nuisance having to keep reordering.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,900 ✭✭✭rannerap

I order the same food from the same place and my last order was the same. Waiting on an order at the minute, hoping I don't have to complain again!

mymo wrote: »
    Try changing the courier on delivery, I did and no more damaged cans!
    Got two lots damaged badly before that, two since, no damage.

Yeah I had some damaged from GLS - I wonder of that's why they've changed from DPD. At least it's just dented cans though - I came home on Friday to my raw meat delivery - 3 poly boxes standing up on their ends instead of down flat the way the delivery guy had left them in the hall - too heavy for my mum to move/lift so she had to leave them like that. One of the boxes had a chunk missing from the top and bottom that it was standing up on and the weight of everything pressing down on a bag of thawed liver = a puddle of blood on the floor and everything in the box destroyed with blood too >_<

:D:D:D Lucy swam across the river this morning. Up until now she's been reluctant to actually swim in the deeper water and would stick edge or turn around and go back the way she came but this morning she hesitated for a second then followed Bailey across. She had a swim on friday too but I'd assumed it was an accident even though she didn't panic - she stepped off the big weir into deep water and swam up the river.

Zooplus refunded the price of the 17 cans and offered us a 15 euro discount off our next order as well as crediting the 330 points I'd used from the rewards shop, so I can't really complain. I only used DPD once, it took much longer to get here and the box was just held together with tape when it arrived. The delivery driver said it had been all over the country:confused:, the guy lives locally so it isn't as if he wouldn't have known where our area is.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 116 ✭✭Tea Tree

oh dear. I got my female dog groomed today and my male dog just loves her new hairdo.... I mean he really really loves her new hairdo!!! Must be the shampoo or something but he won't leave her alone. She's spayed so nothing to worry about except for her short fuse. she's gettting really fed up with him now. Separate bedrooms tonight...which may well mean some barking. Does anyone know how long this might last ?:o

• Registered Users Posts: 3,277 ✭✭✭aonb

Tea Tree wrote: »
    oh dear. I got my female dog groomed today and my male dog just loves her new hairdo.... I mean he really really loves her new hairdo!!! Must be the shampoo or something but he won't leave her alone. She's spayed so nothing to worry about except for her short fuse. she's gettting really fed up with him now. Separate bedrooms tonight...which may well mean some barking. Does anyone know how long this might last ?:o

oh dear is right!! Might be worth phoning your groomer to ask if they are using a new shampoo (and mention this side effect to them!) - maybe you could rinse her off, and give her a rub with some baby shampoo or something to wash off the worst of the smell that is exciting the dog?? Or maybe he is just glad to have her back after her visit to the groomers??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 116 ✭✭Tea Tree

aonb wrote: »
    oh dear is right!! Might be worth phoning your groomer to ask if they are using a new shampoo (and mention this side effect to them!) - maybe you could rinse her off, and give her a rub with some baby shampoo or something to wash off the worst of the smell that is exciting the dog?? Or maybe he is just glad to have her back after her visit to the groomers??

It's the first time she's been groomed since he arrived (Feb). I held off on neutering him as he was underweight at the start and was just waiting til I knew I'd have a clear week to be at home with him. I'm regretting delaying now! In the time we've had him this is the first time he's been "humpy" with her and he hasnt' let up since we came home at about 2pm...it has to be something to do with the grooming! I'll keep them separate tonight and if he hasnt eased up tomorrow I'll give her a wash..it's pity as she smells nice!

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 2,281 Mod ✭✭✭✭angeldaisy

Think Tara is feeling a bit under the weather today. She woke us up crying this morning and is now fast asleep having ignored her breakfast.

It's been a while since she's been like this. There's no obvious reasons, and by the next day she's usually back to herself.
    Still worrying though.

• Advertisement

What do you do when she cries? I've been informed that Lucy lies crying in the hall every day looking in at my mum until she comes out and pets her - she never does that when I'm home lol!!! And the more she ignores her the longer/louder she cries! :p

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement