Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

hockey sticks

• 10-03-2010 4:58pm
    Registered Users Posts: 9,961 ✭✭✭

where is the best place too buy hockey sticks and what make is good.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 361 ✭✭miceal

All depends on what you want!

Do you play hockey?

You need to get in touch with the shop at the rink!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,961 ✭✭✭cena

it would be more for playing at the back of the house. maybe abit of inline as well. reebok seems top pop up alot.

i hold the top of the stick with my left hand if that makes any difference. I remember years ago sport shop even symths use too sell them.

• Registered Users Posts: 233 ✭✭synacron trion

I have bought most of my gear from hockeyoffice.com. It is 20 euro shipping not matter how much stuff you buy.

You need a right side stick if your left hand is at the top of the stick and your right hand down the shaft when playing the puck.

thanks for that site. its really good.

hows the team going in galway.

cena wrote: »
    thanks for that site. its really good.

hows the team going in galway.

Galway club is going good. Got a club set up in NUIG that is flying too. There was supposed to be a 2 day tournie in Mayo there a few weekends back with a load of teams but it got cancelled last I heard.

• Advertisement

It got my package today from Hockey office but had too the stick back because I need a right side stick not a left. hope it doesn't come on holy thursday as I'm away.

cena wrote: »
    It got my package today from Hockey office but had too the stick back because I need a right side stick not a left. hope it doesn't come on holy thursday as I'm away.

Did you order a right side stick off them? Hockey Office are notorious for getting orders wrong. For instance, I have bought two pairs of skates off them on different occasions and ticked the box so that I don't get sent an alternative pair if my pair is out of stock. Yet both times they send an alternative pair, that is cheaper than what I wanted (and they say if they send you an alternative item it will be the same price or more expensive than what you want). Their prices are good in comparison to other online shops though.

If you are afraid you'll be away leave a note for the delivery guy to leave it around the back of your house or somewhere semi hidden.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,086 ✭✭✭PMC83

Hockey Office arn't the best. I got all my gear off them when I rejoined the sport a few months back. Sent me a pair of gloves that had an obvious rip.

The pain of it is is that they wont pay for your return postage.
    A shame you sent that stick back? I'm looking for a new leftie

no i ordered the left one.. it wasn't even the same colour stick. it was a ccm one.

if i know there was some one looking for one would of sold it to you.

got one of the kids that come too house a nice one.wouldn't mind that one.

he was so happy too get it.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,946 ✭✭✭red_ice

i was given 2 crosby reebok sticks by a friend who took them back from canada as a christmas presant. Last years stock, but it doesnt matter, they are fantastic. I dont think i could play withtout them.. very light, and pucks fly like lazer beams - litterally.

• Advertisement

I rolled the dice again with the hockey office, new sticks on there way to me at the minute.....I hope!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 361 ✭✭miceal

red_ice wrote: »
    i was given 2 crosby reebok sticks by a friend who took them back from canada as a christmas presant. Last years stock, but it doesnt matter, they are fantastic. I dont think i could play withtout them.. very light, and pucks fly like lazer beams - litterally.

emmm now i am trying to figure out who you are lol

Well all my stuff arrived from HO, no complaints!

two of these guys:

http://www.hockeyoffice.com/shop/shop1prodview_iSC15080.html

and two pucks

just got word that they have sent my replacement stick today.

Advertisement