Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Graduate java developer technical questions

• 05-08-2014 12:50pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,236 ✭✭✭

I'm sorry if this has been asked before or if this is in the wrong place but I have a second interview coming up on Thursday for a graduate Java developer position and this will be a 45 technical test.
    I was already asked some questions in the phone interview but I was wondering if anyone could give me ideas on where to brush up on based on the job spec. I really want the job and nerves affect me so want to be well prepared.

Thanks in advance

Job Spec : http://www.cartell.ie/about-us/careers/graduate-java-mysql-developer/

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 24 SonicWind

Look up glassdoor for some sample questions (if the company is well known). Google "interview questions for NAME_OF_COMPANY". Most companies ask about interfaces, singletons, OOP practices, means of the keywords "private","protected" etc.. If you have a decent knowledge of Java you will be grand. They know you are a graduate and that you don't know it all.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,236 ✭✭✭javagal

SonicWind wrote: »
    Look up glassdoor for some sample questions (if the company is well known). Google "interview questions for NAME_OF_COMPANY". Most companies ask about interfaces, singletons, OOP practices, means of the keywords "private","protected" etc.. If you have a decent knowledge of Java you will be grand. They know you are a graduate and that you don't know it all.

Thanks for the reply, can't find anything on glassdoor about them, already had a look. I was asked about interfaces and abstract classes on the phone so I'd imagine that would be a good place to start.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,148 ✭✭✭punk_one82

javagal wrote: »
    I'm sorry if this has been asked before or if this is in the wrong place but I have a second interview coming up on Thursday for a graduate Java developer position and this will be a 45 technical test.
    I was already asked some questions in the phone interview but I was wondering if anyone could give me ideas on where to brush up on based on the job spec. I really want the job and nerves affect me so want to be well prepared.

Thanks in advance

Job Spec : http://www.cartell.ie/about-us/careers/graduate-java-mysql-developer/

There are lots of good websites that give Java technical interview questions. From my experiece these questions are usually basic Java questions - interfaces,abstract classes, keywords, polymorphism etc. as well as actually doing some coding(on paper) of fairly simple programming problems - how to reverse a string without using the reverse method supplied etc.

Given that the job description mentions MySQL and XML they may ask some basic SQL queries and possibly how to form some XML.

Advertisement