Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Remember these days ?

• 27-02-2012 8:30pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5,325 ✭✭✭

PetrolPrices.jpg

When i started driving these where the prices.

I know it was cheaper the the older people !

Painful

crying-man_display_image.jpg?1283408661

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,238 ✭✭✭✭djimi

Remember them? I remember when petrol hit 99 and giving out stink that it would soon go over 1.00 a litre! Oh to have those days back...

• Registered Users Posts: 17,875 ✭✭✭✭MugMugs

NeVeR wrote: »
    When i started driving these where the prices.

I know it was cheaper the the older people !

Painful

I really must grab a picture of the old Jet station on The Dublin Road in Dundalk. The price is barely legible but around 57ish pence ?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,316 ✭✭✭Mycroft H

MugMugs wrote: »
    I really must grab a picture of the old Jet station on The Dublin Road in Dundalk. The price is barely legible but around 57ish pence ?

1998/1999 period? I remember diesel being that round then

• Registered Users Posts: 22,080 ✭✭✭✭Big Nasty

BX 19 wrote: »
    1998/1999 period? I remember diesel being that round then

Fuel was around that price in '05! :eek:

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 7,638 Mod ✭✭✭✭delly

MugMugs wrote: »

Don't trouble yourself, with the wonder of google maps http://g.co/maps/5cv5z

Ironically enough, most of the streetview images were mapped when it was around the euro mark.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,620 ✭✭✭_AVALANCHE_

When the price of Oil plummeted in '09 or '10 after it had hit $150 a barrel prices were cheap (ish) their for awhile.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,316 ✭✭✭Mycroft H

MCMLXXV wrote: »
    Fuel was around that price in '05! :eek:

Seriously?

I remember my dad filling up a diesel vento at around 50p a litre around 98-99. Cant have been much cheaper then.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,635 ✭✭✭eth0

It'd still be less than 1.30 now if it wasn't for those fecking bits of tax the govt has been putting on the past 4 years

eth0 wrote: »
    It'd still be less than 1.30 now if it wasn't for those fecking bits of tax the govt has been putting on the past 4 years
    22c since '08 apparently.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,479 ✭✭✭✭vectra

BX 19 wrote: »
    Seriously?

I remember my dad filling up a diesel vento at around 50p a litre around 98-99. Cant have been much cheaper then.

Yup,'97 I remember it being around ,,,£2.30 a gallon for petrol.. 110 miles to the tenner in a 2 liter car :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,347 ✭✭✭Fiona

Ah yes i remember those days alright :( It was 1.64 this morning in the Topaz on the North Road. I died a little inside as i drove past.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,521 ✭✭✭Padraig Mor

Was about 85c/litre when I started driving. Give it a few weeks and that will have doubled! :(

• Registered Users Posts: 2,808 ✭✭✭Gone Drinking

Was filling up yesterday, 20 quid got me 12 litres.. fu*king terrible

• Registered Users Posts: 4,613 ✭✭✭milltown

• Registered Users Posts: 4,487 ✭✭✭Seweryn

Was filling up yesterday, 20 quid got me 12 litres.. fu*king terrible
    In a couple of years time you will be looking at todays fuel prices the same way as we see these 0.899 per litre numbers from the past and shaking our heads now ;).

• Registered Users Posts: 890 ✭✭✭lifer_sean

Seweryn wrote: »
    In a couple of years time you will be looking at todays fuel prices the same way as we see these 0.899 per litre numbers from the past and shaking our heads now ;).

Or will we be saying "I remember a time when a unit of electricity was 16c, and cars ran on tankfulls of liquid oily smelly stuff" ??? !!!

TBH, I don't even know exactly how much a unit of electricity is right now, but I know I paid 1.609 a litre for petrol last night.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,635 ✭✭✭eth0

lifer_sean wrote: »
    Or will we be saying "I remember a time when a unit of electricity was 16c, and cars ran on tankfulls of liquid oily smelly stuff" ??? !!!

TBH, I don't even know exactly how much a unit of electricity is right now, but I know I paid 1.609 a litre for petrol last night.

Or 'I remember before driverless cars were made mandatory and people didnt have microchips embedded in their skin for government tracking'

Future looks bleak

• Registered Users Posts: 26,283 ✭✭✭✭Eric Cartman

diesel was 89 cent a litre in 2008 when I bought my first car. I would give anything to have that back

• Registered Users Posts: 3,282 ✭✭✭Bandara

those were the days, making 5 or 6c a litre

*Sob

:(

• Advertisement
Advertisement