Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Son Of General Retro Discussion

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,332 ✭✭✭valleyoftheunos

fired up MacMame and DarwiinRemote for the first time in ages, great craic of cold wednesday night.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,695 ✭✭✭DinoRex

bz80e.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 4,056 ✭✭✭Sparks43

Retr0gamer wrote: »
    It makes you sound important and intelligent even when what you are talking about is complete and utter scutter.

You wouldnt know what a scutter is m8:D

main-b-32.jpg

Oh... Miyamoto is stepping down...

http://www.wired.com/gamelife/2011/12/miyamoto-interview/

I think it's good news... I want to see what he can come up with now and see where younger developers can take the popular franchises without him.

But I can't imagine it will do Nintendo's beleaguered stocks much good...

• Registered Users Posts: 3,910 ✭✭✭Mr.Saturn

DinoRex wrote: »
    Oh... Miyamoto is stepping down...

http://www.wired.com/gamelife/2011/12/miyamoto-interview/

I think it's good news... I want to see what he can come up with now and see where younger developers can take the popular franchises without him.

But I can't imagine it will do Nintendo's beleaguered stocks much good...

I imagine the translator could've saved themselves a day's work and simply titled the article 'Pikmin 3 imminent'.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,526 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

Well, given Mario Kart 7 was done without much input from him and it turned out to be one of the best of the series, I'm not sure it's such a bad thing.
    Nintendo should be like Disney, regardless whether Walt is in charge, or dead, or frozen in some storage facility in California it rumbles on, producing quality products, some of which turn out to be best in show.

Unless it's the early to mid 80's Disney....
    And we get Black Cauldron or Basil the mouse detective :(

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 50,776 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Seems Nintendo are saying it's BS now.

Would like to see him out of his management position and back as a director.

Anyway Nintendo have more than enough talent to keep going.

Black Cauldron was one of the few Disney films I liked as a kid. It didn't have a fecking songs in it!

I've never understood why they think children should be big fans of musicals.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,532 ✭✭✭✭OwaynOTT

Basil the Great Mouse Detective is brilliant!

Mr.Saturn wrote: »
    I imagine the translator could've saved themselves a day's work and simply titled the article 'Pikmin 3 imminent'.

I'm hoping for Wii Music 2: Electric Boogaloo.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,041 ✭✭✭pdbhp

Those real life legends at Cave are the best aren't they?
    Lookey below for shmuppy goodness all on PS Vita:D

Yahey roll on next year!!

Source of all sources
    Cave has announced that it will be porting its Xbox 360 shoot ‘em up Akai Katana Shin to the PlayStation Vita. The director of the game, Hiroyuki Kimura, also been revealed, in an interview with Spong, that the port will utilise the PS Vita’s dual analogue sticks and also expressed his interest in the system’s touch controls.

There is a gameplay video of the Xbox 360 version of Akai Katana Shin after the break which you can watch for an idea of how it will look.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,526 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

OwaynOTT wrote: »
    Basil the Great Mouse Detective is brilliant!

There's people who think Mario Kart 64 is the best of the series as well, doesn't make them any less wrong! ;)

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 50,776 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

There's people how like Halo....

• Registered Users Posts: 4,056 ✭✭✭Sparks43

And there are people who like Cho Aniki;)

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,080 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

I%2BBet%2BI%2BCan%2BMake%2BYou%2BSay%2BHi%2BIn%2BIndian%2B-%2BHow.jpg

Looks like Gamepro has gone down the ****ter. No big loss except that means Kat Baileys excellent Roleplayers Realm podcast is no more :( Hope she finds a way to continue it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,885 ✭✭✭megaten

She's said on twitter that there's a possibility of it continuing. I hope so. She's very clam and not as stupidly excitable as most video game podcast hosts.

I actually contemplated joining twitter just to ask her :)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,847 ✭✭✭Steve X2

Batman Arkham City: Lockdown just hit the app store if anyone with an iPad or iPhone is interested.

Just grabbed it myself and it looks pretty well on the iPad 2.
    Plays kind of like Infinity Blade but apparently there are other sections with different gameplay I've not got to yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,019 ✭✭✭Touch Fuzzy Get Dizzy

one of the lads on FB sent me on this, looked up the plot on wiki
    While innocently reaching for some half-priced bento, Yō Satō finds himself beaten up on the floor of a supermarket. He soon learns that getting half-priced bento is an all-out brawl between students. Yō is invited to the Half-Priced Food Lovers Club by one of the top fighters, Sen Yarizui, in order to train to compete in these battles.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,943 ✭✭✭Doge

While innocently reaching for some half-priced bento, Yō Satō finds himself beaten up on the floor of a supermarket. He soon learns that getting half-priced bento is an all-out brawl between students. Yō is invited to the Half-Priced Food Lovers Club by one of the top fighters, Sen Yarizui, in order to train to compete in these battles.

We could easily create an Irish version of that cartoon using a similar plot.

Except instead of half price Bento,

It would be the LIDL specials!

If it was Penneys specials it would be too violent for TV.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,019 ✭✭✭Touch Fuzzy Get Dizzy

I used to go to lunch just like you, one day I went to the canteen and took an arrow to the knee while criminal scum got all the sweet rolls
    If it was Penneys specials it would be too violent for TV.
    and I would be their Queen.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,080 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

Oh **** just dropped the box of floppy discs!

Wait.

Why the **** do we have a box of floppy discs?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,847 ✭✭✭Steve X2

Spotted this online today and thought it might interest some here.

Dizzy interview - Philip & Andrew Oliver.

http://www.metro.co.uk/tech/games/884296-dizzy-interview-philip-andrew-olivers-eggcellent-adventure

• Registered Users Posts: 51,054 ✭✭✭✭Professey Chin

Steve SI wrote: »
    Spotted this online today and thought it might interest some here.

Dizzy interview - Philip & Andrew Oliver.

http://www.metro.co.uk/tech/games/884296-dizzy-interview-philip-andrew-olivers-eggcellent-adventure

Thats out tomorrow actually.
    Yays \o/

Chrono Trigger looks really cheap and nasty. The filtering is horrible and those menus are... ew :(

wD3SU.jpg

He actually said he was retiling... his bathroom...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 51,054 ✭✭✭✭Professey Chin

Downloaded me some HD Dizzy

Dodododododoooo....thats my day anyway. Touch screen controls take a tiny bit getting used to but jumping isnt as unforgiving

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement