Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Log book declaration

• 12-01-2015 6:47pm
    Registered Users Posts: 16

Has anyone else had this issue?

I bought a car in August and had a lot of trouble getting the log book from the previous owner. It eventually ended up with me in late November making a declaration of ownership of the car (signed by peace commissioner etc) and eventually I got the log book in the post last week. Now, since I got the car in August it has been in a garage for a couple of months and then parked up, but even though I got the log book last week I have been put down on the log book as the owner since August so now I have to pay back tax to tax it. So, in August when I bought the car I had no log book to tax the car and had no log book so I couldn't declare it off the road either. So it seems the new law doesn't legislate for the position I have found myself in. Both local tax office and Shannon have said there is nothing they can do for me.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 33,601 ✭✭✭✭listermint

You could 'sell' it to the other half or a relative which would mean the 'new' owner would not have to pay back tax.....

• Registered Users Posts: 78,239 ✭✭✭✭Victor

Moved from Commuting & Transport.

Advertisement