Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

CVRT question

• 12-01-2015 2:12pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 17,733 ✭✭✭✭

My CVRT on my Camper ran out in July and it has been off the road evey since awaiting repairs (although it is taxed and insured as it happens) . Someone told me that if I CVRT it next July (if it is finished by then:rolleyes: they didn't start yet!) then I'll only get 6 months certificate. Is this correct?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 469 ✭✭JBokeh

If it is out less than a year it gets backdated to when it expired,if it is out for over a year you get 6 months from when it was tested.

Old system was a year from whenever it was tested,but everyone was milking it,including myself, so they brought in this business to stop the 18 month DOEs

• Registered Users Posts: 1,104 ✭✭✭dieselbug

JBokeh wrote: »
    If it is out less than a year it gets backdated to when it expired,if it is out for over a year you get 6 months from when it was tested.

Old system was a year from whenever it was tested,but everyone was milking it,including myself, so they brought in this business to stop the 18 month DOEs

Correct

I brought a small van for testing last week. it had been off the road for nearly two years.

Passed and valid for six months

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,733 ✭✭✭✭corktina

Thanks fellers.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,733 ✭✭✭✭corktina

so what would happen if I got a six month cert and tested it again before the next one was due....say after 3 months, would I get a year then? (handy to have a good long test if you are selling..)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,042 ✭✭✭Bpmull

corktina wrote: »
    so what would happen if I got a six month cert and tested it again before the next one was due....say after 3 months, would I get a year then? (handy to have a good long test if you are selling..)

I think you can test it upto 6 weeks early but I'm not fully sure on that. I done my cvrt recently and I done it 3 weeks before it was out and got a year and 3 weeks. But I don't think you will be able to do it 3 months early.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,104 ✭✭✭dieselbug

corktina wrote: »

I asked the tester this question, he was a bit unsure but thought you may get a month extra by going early.

It doesent work like the NCT.

By the way he told me he had a test recently that earned a valid cert for 3 days!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 370 ✭✭supervento

Bpmull wrote: »
    I think you can test it upto 6 weeks early but I'm not fully sure on that. I done my cvrt recently and I done it 3 weeks before it was out and got a year and 3 weeks. But I don't think you will be able to do it 3 months early.

a cvrt can be done 30 days before the due date, that will give you a 13 month cvrt test.

if for example your expiry date was 01.06.15 and you tested the vehicle today 12.1.15 you would get 12 months test, essentially u reset your anniversary date.

also a person that gets i.e 3 days test can do another test immediately and then get 1 year and 3 days test. before you could appeal the decision with the rsa if u got 3 days test and they would normally give u 3-6 months not sure if it still applies...

campers under 10 years old get two years test.....

Advertisement