Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

I want to know - What % of Public Servants have paid their household charge ?

Options
  • 14-08-2012 7:21pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 492 ✭✭

I want to know - What % of Public Servants have paid their household charge ?

Surely they are expected to set the example ?

In the case of Local Authority / County Council employees this % should be very easy to obtain, given that the councils have the records of who has paid and who has not.

Every county councillor, local newspaper and journalist, should be demanding this type information from their County Manager, and take no excuses or fob off answers from them.

How can local authorities, who depend on the household charge for funding be paying wages and travel expenses to staff who might not have paid their household charge ?

Any public servant found not paying their household charge, TV licence, or who fail to register their septic tank in time etc., especially anyone at 'management' level, should be facing immediate disciplinary proceedings.

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 81,310 CMod ✭✭✭✭coffee_cake

We've had enough public sector bashing/ranting in politics, I don't want to see more of it

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement