Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

RWC 2015 - Rugby World Cup 2015 Travel Plans

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,810 ✭✭✭Alkers

Heading to Cardiff for the QF weekend. Getting the ferry on Sat am and coming back on the Monday. We're going in convoy in two cars and staying in the campsite - very reasonable, ferry is approx €60 return per person and the campsite is only €20 or so.

• Registered Users Posts: 11 la_rose

ablelocks wrote: »
    Stobart air announced a new route - shannon to birmingham under the Aer Lingus site.

At the moment a return flight = €118 (for the France match, fly out on Friday 9th return Monday 12th, no flights available on the 10th). Not sure what prices are like for other matches.

have to wait a while to get pricing on train or bus tickets from birmingham to cardiff - if anyone has any knowledge or advice on this part of the trip I'd appreciate it.

We took this route last year for the HC final and it was very straightforward - using the same route for the quarter-final. There's a train station in Birmingham Airport, but we hired a car and made it Cardiff in around 2 hours, max 2.5 hours. Train would be really handy if you can buy tickets before the prices go sky-high!

• Registered Users Posts: 21 nodgie86

We are planning on getting the ferry as well for the Quarter Final wekkend and camping out. Whats the story with the campsite everybody stays i.e. name, location and do you book it in advance etc??

• Registered Users Posts: 1,245 ✭✭✭Steven81

Cat C Ireland vs France tickets available on website to buy 125 pounds

Cat A, C, D QF3 W Pool D VS RU Pool C all available too

• Registered Users Posts: 1,013 ✭✭✭adelcrowsmel

Steven81 wrote: »

They were available but for some reason I couldn't buy a France one - don't know what was happening - anyone else have the same problem?!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,588 ✭✭✭Awesomeness

Cheers picked up 2 qf.

The france ones were prob gone by the time you tried. Im just missing italy tickets - i thought the french ones would be harder.

While the sites is not ideal it is a lot better than the ones for the euros was

Cheers picked up 2 qf.

The france ones were prob gone by the time you tried. Im just missing italy tickets - i thought the french ones would be harder.

While the sites is not ideal it is a lot better than the ones for the euros was

I starting trying to buy one ticket from 8.30am this morning and there should have been some at that point, but when I added one category c ticket to my basket I keep getting an error message to reselect the number of tickets even though I was only picking one - it was really fustrating and I obviousluy wasn't successful after numerous attempts but other people got tickets after that time!

I starting trying to buy one ticket from 8.30am this morning and there should have been some at that point, but when I added one category c ticket to my basket I keep getting an error message to reselect the number of tickets even though I was only picking one - it was really fustrating and I obviousluy wasn't successful after numerous attempts but other people got tickets after that time!

Yeah i may have just got lucky. I got my france tickets when a lot of friends where failing. Just basing it off my personal experiences

To be honest with the euros it seemed more fastest fingers first and then eveyone else got errors but with this it seems to be random.

Im in china so not sure if less internet traffic coming from here could have something to do with it

• Registered Users Posts: 3,327 ✭✭✭death1234567

They were available but for some reason I couldn't buy a France one - don't know what was happening - anyone else have the same problem?!
    A lot of people were probably adding tickets to their baskets but then either timing out or not proceeding with payment. Once that happens the ticket gets set to available again and it's first man in that gets it into their basket. I had to trying adding tickets a lot of times before it actually went into my basket.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,810 ✭✭✭Alkers

nodgie86 wrote: »
    We are planning on getting the ferry as well for the Quarter Final wekkend and camping out. Whats the story with the campsite everybody stays i.e. name, location and do you book it in advance etc??

http://www.cardiffcaravanpark.co.uk/content.asp - we're staying here but I think it may be booked out already.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,327 ✭✭✭death1234567

All sold now.

• Registered Users Posts: 740 ✭✭✭garbanzo

Sorted for two games.

TRIP 1
    Bringing my teenage daughter over to the Romania game. In an effort to have her experience the misery of the 1980s we're doing the boat and train over from Dublin (for the craic) and flying back. Mate in London lives two stops away from Wem-be-lee so sorted with accommodation. Flight back home on the Monday evening after a day perusing London and munching good food in Chinatown.

TRIP 2
    One of the QFs. Flight back to London on the Friday. Stay with self-same buddy. His good lady has agreed to drive us over to Cardiff. I won't utter a bad word about the English again after this grand gesture. Fair play to her. So, the idea is to swap if we've the "wrong" QF which I believe is what people usually do in these situations. Drive back to London after the game. We did that in 2009 for Leinster's HCup win (in a Limo but that's worthy of an entirely different thread) and we were back in London in 2hrs 20 mins. Flight back home on the Monday evening after another day perusing London and munching more good food in Chinatown.

Can't wait. Looking forward to it big time and blessed to have somewhere to stay....and most of all hang out with good friends and hopefully see some decent Irish performances.

• Registered Users Posts: 177 ✭✭funrunner95

Theres a ticket release there for all Ireland's matches including the potential pool winner D clash, FINALLY got tickets for the italy game!

Theres a ticket release there for all Ireland's matches including the potential pool winner D clash, FINALLY got tickets for the italy game!

Thanks fot that, yet again I can't get a France ticket...constantly selecting it but no joy yet!!

No luck unfortunately, the tickets for both France and Italy games gone now!

No luck unfortunately, the tickets for both France and Italy games gone now!

Just saw your posts from last week and today, I know how frustrating that site can be but just keep trying, I missed out on the ballot then got caught in the queue for 8 hours on the day of the first of resale launch before being timed out :mad: and had been checking on an hourly basis every Monday to Friday ever since! I think the reason I got lucky because I was sitting the computer at a minute to 3 clicking refresh, incidentally this is the second Wednesday in a row there's a good few tickets released at 3pm so who knows maybe they'll be a few released again at the same time next week?

Just saw your posts from last week and today, I know how frustrating that site can be but just keep trying, I missed out on the ballot then got caught in the queue for 8 hours on the day of the first of resale launch before being timed out :mad: and had been checking on an hourly basis every Monday to Friday ever since! I think the reason I got lucky because I was sitting the computer at a minute to 3 clicking refresh, incidentally this is the second Wednesday in a row there's a good few tickets released at 3pm so who knows maybe they'll be a few released again at the same time next week?

Thanks for that, I'll keep it in mind for next week, definitely worth a try....I'll get there eventually!

• Registered Users Posts: 201 ✭✭zambrotta11

Ireland France and Ireland Italy on sale again on the RWC website.

Thank you sooooooo much for the heads up, I finally bagged a ticket for the France game.

• Registered Users Posts: 178 ✭✭Manofthewest

I must have just missed them on Friday evening. :-(

• Advertisement

More tickets up for every game now

• Registered Users Posts: 178 ✭✭Manofthewest

CAT B tickets up for Italy and France games now.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,056 ✭✭✭tvercetti

Ticket(s) for Ireland France game available again, I keep missing out on tickets for the Italy game

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,489 ✭✭✭Yamanoto

For anyone yet to book flights for the Romania game in Wembley, EI have €29.00 o/w into Gatwick - arriving at 10am on the morning of the match.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,969 ✭✭✭Lucy8080

Just saw in my e-mail that 25,000 tickets up for sale from 10 a.m. this morning. Not sure if any ireland games but it did mention Australia and Scotland games being available.

Lucy8080 wrote: »
    Just saw in my e-mail that 25,000 tickets up for sale from 10 a.m. this morning. Not sure if any ireland games but it did mention Australia and Scotland games being available.

No Ireland games are part of this 25,000 ticket sale

• Registered Users Posts: 373 ✭✭otterj

must be finding it hard to sell some matches. Not surprised at those prices

I never would have guessed that the Italy ticket would be the hardest to get. My travel plans are on hold till I see if I can secure one

Trying to access the site now and I am getting the loading queue screen again. There must be a big demand on the system again with the new ticket release

• Advertisement

Can someone recommend an area to stay, reasonably priced with a handy connection to Stratford for the Italy game? I have no flights booked yet so I could work that into it, Thanks.

Advertisement