Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

BBC's BLANK

• 23-09-2005 12:11pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 204 ✭✭

Hi Folks ,
    Not very well up with the FTA stuff but here goes , Im using the Lidl system and had it set up with no problems for months now a couple of weeks back the BBC channels went blank ( eg black screen , no sound , but still showing the FTA , TXT , INFO on the title bar ) now no other channel has been effected so still have ITV3 and sky news and S4C .. this is on ASTRA 2 , if I go up the channel list .. BBC 1 CENTRAL I can recive ... I belive the frequency is 10773 which I checked last night... has this changed ..
    Im real sorry if this was discussed before I have had a look and couldnt find it .
    Dar

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,733 ✭✭✭Zaphod

Most likely a change of PIDs. Delete the blank BBC channels and rescan the 10773 transponder frequency.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,064 ✭✭✭Gurgle

I had a similar problem with BBC 1 and 2 on Sky, these 2 just gave a blue screen and everything else was fine.

I had previously extended the cable from the dish to the box, using standard co-ax instead of satellite co-ax. It worked fine for over a year after I extended it, then these channels just dropped. After trying everything else imaginable I got a new length of satellite co-ax and ran it straight from the dish to the box - hey presto BBC is back.

I still don't know why it only affected BBC.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 204 ✭✭Darr

Thanks folks , will delete them this evening ( as soon as I get out of this hell called work .. ) thanks again

Advertisement