Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Meguiar's Dual Action Polisher

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,245 ✭✭✭myshirt

I didn't even know Halfords done a proper polisher.

That is a good machine, but overpriced there.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,459 ✭✭✭Heathen

Looking online it seems to be an average price compared with other sites that stock that model... I would have thought you would get 1 or 2 pads with it at that price though....

Watching reviews on youtube and the likes, people seem to like it and recommend it... just wondering had anyone on here had any feedback on it..

H

• Registered Users Posts: 73,382 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

There is a thread from a few years ago about them.

I'd love a flex 3401. I don't know why, but I just would.

Op, if you are happy with price, roll with it. What are you going to be polishing? And inside or outside?

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 9,926 ✭✭✭mik_da_man

I have one of them, got it a few years ago and it's a decent bit of kit. The price seems a bit on the high side, but if you get the AXA discount that would help!

• Advertisement

Have you considered other machines?
    Isn't there a new DAS6 about, though haven't read much on it. Anyone know if that is good/reliable etc?

• Registered Users Posts: 853 ✭✭✭edburg

Just got a DAS6 pro +, have not chance to test it yet as waiting on some new polish's from detail shed. But initial thoughts it good looking machine, turns nice n smooth, easy to grip and feels a nice weight compared to the rotary I got.

http://www.cleanyourcar.co.uk/polishing-machines/das-6-pro-plus-dual-action-polisher/das-6-pro-plus-15mm-dual-action-polisher/prod_1452.html

Did you get the ProPlus?

edburg wrote: »
    Just got a DAS6 pro +,

Yes, just I used + instead of typing plus

Report back on how you find it. Relatively new, larger throw on it, wonder what people think

• Advertisement

Well bit delayed with weather but there was 5 minute window to try the new da out.

I have this fitted with 5" plate and hex pad and over all very happy.

Seems to cut through lot quicker/easier than the rotary, is very smooth at high speed but does vibrate a bit on lowest speed setting. For me that's not a issue as it only for quick spread before upping speed for work.

Just a quick couple pics of 5 min session test.

Car is a heavily oxidised red vectra I am looking after for a mate, till he gets chance to collect.

DSC_0045.jpg
    DSC_0046.jpg
    DSC_0047.jpg

Oh yes as above used a hex pad and chemical boys heavy cutting and final polish With Ammo spit to help with wipe up.

Where did you get the Ammo?

And why is the pad red!?

Got the Ammo direct from Larry's website. Very good stuff imo.

Pad red as it was cutting the paint with a coarse/heavy cutting compound.

What was the import tax on it? Didn't know was sold worldwide!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,670 ✭✭✭quadrifoglio verde

myshirt wrote: »
    Where did you get the Ammo?

And why is the pad red!?

Because there is no clear coat on the paint

Didn't pay any tax on any of the orders.

Might be wrong but I think each item has to be more than 40 before it is taxed. I have had fair few things from models, toys and ammo stuff and never been charged.

He happy out with me regarding posting.

Advertisement