Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Need to get engine fitted

2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,473 ✭✭✭maidhc

drdre wrote: »
    I dont mean for free but im not payin around 1k for a engine install.

Why not? I would think you would be doing rather well to get one fitted for 1k tbh. There is a lot of work in it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,245 ✭✭✭drdre

maidhc wrote: »
    Why not? I would think you would be doing rather well to get one fitted for 1k tbh. There is a lot of work in it.

I heard of a friend and someone on boards saying around 500 should do the job.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,706 ✭✭✭craichoe

Sounds like its beyond economic repair if its that much.

Cheap installs are usually just that .. cheap .. and sh*t

• Registered Users Posts: 394 ✭✭mickjohnlong

did you try giving ivi a ring

did you try giving ivi a ring

I havent yet as i am in college and hard to phone from here.,I will later on or in the morning.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 985 ✭✭✭Cosmo K

What if the car needs a new clutch as well? Could well add another 300-400€ to the price.

Cosmo K wrote: »
    What if the car needs a new clutch as well? Could well add another 300-400€ to the price.

Why a new clutch the only problem is the Camshaft is frozen which means a new engine.Its got a full service history from Koping and was last serviced around june.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,263 ✭✭✭alias no.9

If it's only the cam shaft, it might be cheaper to just replace the head. You might find an engine with the bottom end gone. You'd be very silly not to change the clutch when the engine is out, expecially on a 7/8 year old car. It'll cost a little extra now but nothing compared to the cost of changing it once everything's been put back together.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,206 ✭✭✭✭JohnCleary

Actually just talking to a guy on another forum who's a mechanic, say's a job like that could be done quite handy if he was keeping original ECU etc and it was only the block that was being changed. He's in Dub too... pitty dre has me on ignore :D

Oh well not to worry

JohnCleary wrote: »
    Actually just talking to a guy on another forum who's a mechanic, say's a job like that could be done quite handy if he was keeping original ECU etc and it was only the block that was being changed. He's in Dub too... pitty dre has me on ignore :D

Oh well not to worry

I wont ignore you :)

I would be keeping the ECU.

• Advertisement

try ivi engines
    IVI Engines
    Frank Fahy cntr Naas rd 12 Co. Dublin
    (01)4500011

(087)2583041

(01)4604618

I rang them 4 times between 4-5pm and got no answer.I will try the mobile tommorrow.

I went to another mechanic and he said 2k for fitting :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 7,473 ✭✭✭maidhc

drdre wrote: »
    I went to another mechanic and he said 2k for fitting :eek:

No one will fit an engine for €500. My local mechanic charges €300 labour to do a clutch, and I reckon that is extremely cheap.

maidhc wrote: »
    No one will fit an engine for €500. My local mechanic charges €300 labour to do a clutch, and I reckon that is extremely cheap.

300 for a clutch thats abit expensive as i got a full service inc clutch,brake pads,brake discs, clutch box just labour was 300 (a few months ago) and that was off a top ford mechanic with 15yrs experience so it was not a ****ty mechanic.
    Im going to ask him about the engine tommorrow but i doubt he can do it as i dont think he will have the engine lift etc.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement