Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Tuning in a Lidl satellite sytem

Options
  • 19-09-2005 3:53pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 30

Trying to tune in a Lidl dish and can't seem to locate the ASTRA 2 satallite. I got one of those Sat finder devices that makes a noise when a satallite is found, but it's rubbish. Anyone got any tips on finding the satellite or is it impossible without a decent Sat finder

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,325 ✭✭✭✭Tony

mrliffey wrote:
    Trying to tune in a Lidl dish and can't seem to locate the ASTRA 2 satallite. I got one of those Sat finder devices that makes a noise when a satallite is found, but it's rubbish. Anyone got any tips on finding the satellite or is it impossible without a decent Sat finder

A good start might be to read the existing LIDL thread

Desktop PC Boards discount code on https://www.satellite.ie/ is boards.ie

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28 markmiller321

yeah try the old lidl satellite threads. There are a good few of them giving excellent advice. They help me set up my satellite system in no time at all

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28 markmiller321

The cheap sat finders are not that good . Use the satfinder on the reciever .it shows the signal quality and strength

• Registered Users Posts: 32,417 ✭✭✭✭watty

The Satfinder is just to give a rough idea a satellite is found. Even the cheapest one will do the job.

Adjust to about 1/3rd to 1/2 scale and as you find a Sat turn down "volume" to keep display at 1/2.

There are about twenty sats visbile and at leat 6 with huge signals. So it is easy to point at the wrong satellite.

You won't get any signal/quality display till you have picked a transponder actually on the satellite you are pointing at.

Read the excelent advice on the other threads.

Be patient.

Also the BIGGER a dish (which gives a stronger signal), ironically it is harder to find the satellite.

You must get the up/down and East/west both within about 1 degree on 90cm dish to get anything!

ON a 2m dish Eurobird at 28.5 and Astra2D at 28.2 are not at the same place anymore like they are on a small 55cm dish

• Registered Users Posts: 646 ✭✭✭inigo

I tried the sat finder myself without much luck (probably because I'd never done it before). Then I realised I could actually look at the tv set while moving the dish. So I turned the volume up, started moving the dish slowly and when I heard a noise from the tv and saw the black screen flicker I knew I was onto something. Then it was a question of identifying the sat I had tuned into and looking for the one I wanted. Of course, I couldn't have done it without the help of the people here...

• Advertisement
Advertisement