Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Pokémon Alpha Sapphire & Omega Ruby - Spoilers inside

• 07-05-2014 2:12pm
    Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,124 Mod ✭✭✭✭

So, these were confirmed :D So damn excited! Out this November, 3DS (naturally).

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,835 ✭✭✭✭cloud493

3DS-It-Prints-Money.gif

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 15,183 Mod ✭✭✭✭Atavan-Halen

Oh god yes <3

I'll also hopefully be in japan in November so it'd be awesome to be at the pokemon centre for launch.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,124 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

I'm just so damn excited!

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 15,183 Mod ✭✭✭✭Atavan-Halen

R/S/E is my favorite generation so yep, definitely waiting with bated breath.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,124 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

Kinda looks like those could be Megas for Groudon and Kyogre (Kyogre doesn't have that design on its head normally anyway), and I'd say the starters of this gen could possibly be getting mega-evolutions too. Still, all speculation for now.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,678 ✭✭✭TrustedApple

The Return of HM B.itch zigzagoon :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,460 ✭✭✭TheChrisD

Shít, now I need a 3DS...

Also, the most important question of all that the games will need to answer: Does Ruby keep his hat?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,175 ✭✭✭StaticAge11

I completely missed this generation! Delighted to have the 2nd chance to play it!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,893 ✭✭✭Davidius

TheChrisD wrote: »
    Shít, now I need a 3DS...

Also, the most important question of all that the games will need to answer: Does Ruby keep his hat?
    I haven't got high hopes for these. I fully expect Game Freak to ruin the whole game by making it very obvious that he's wearing a hat and isn't suffering from Werner's hair syndrome.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 255 ✭✭OiOshawott

I actually cannot wait for these. Never got the chance to play Ruby/Sapphire

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,460 ✭✭✭TheChrisD

"Davidius wrote: »
    I fully expect Game Freak to ruin the whole game by making it very obvious that he's wearing a hat and isn't suffering from Werner's hair syndrome.

I've got news for you, the manga already ruined it :P

• Registered Users Posts: 877 ✭✭✭_Godot_

I never got to play R/S/E, I started with Diamond. I'll be buying them in a flash once they're released.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,814 ✭✭✭✭PopePalpatine

I started my foray into Pokemon games with Ruby when I was 9 years old. There were many frustrating moments when I kept getting my arse handed to me by May...:o

• Registered Users Posts: 3,699 ✭✭✭deathrider

I found this interesting.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,835 ✭✭✭✭cloud493

• Registered Users Posts: 3,328 ✭✭✭karaokeman

I have said I was bored of Pokemon and it lost its spark, but I might actually get excited now. Loved Generation III, never understood all the hatred for it.

• Registered Users Posts: 45,535 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

I can understand the appeal for those who haven't played this before, but since I bought Ruby when it originally came out I don't get why I should be excited for this. Enhanced graphics? :confused:

'It is better to walk alone in the right direction than follow the herd walking in the wrong direction.'

I can understand the appeal for those who haven't played this before, but since I bought Ruby when it originally came out I don't get why I should be excited for this. Enhanced graphics? :confused:

More Pokémon, likely to have an expanded storyline, likely to have some of the bells and whistles that come with the later games? FireRed\LeafGreen and HeartGold\SoulSilver were both like that, it's not a simple case of graphic improvement.

Also, won't have to deal with the annoying fact of moves being special or physical cause of type not the move that gen 3 had. Blaze Kick not being physical was just silly.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,926 ✭✭✭✭titan18

Meh, was never a fan of this generation.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,908 ✭✭✭Mr.Saturn

titan18 wrote: »
    Meh, was never a fan of this generation.

Boo.

It's also the first remakes where you can, however roundaboutly, import the 'mon from its original incarnation.

Well, assuming, of course, that they don't make it incompatible with other gen 6 games. That'd be silly.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,485 ✭✭✭✭Banjo

Hopefully there'll be a nod to that in-game, where a Pokémon showing up in the post-E4 game with the original ribbons (assuming the Bank doesn't open till you beat the game), or beating the E4 to win the ribbon a second time triggers some kind of event. Given that the player character tends to be the greatest trainer of all time for the intents and purposes of the story, the arrival my old team from Emerald should be the second coming of christ and his favourite apostles.

I wonder will they leave Pokémon Bank integration out of it until after you're champ? On the one hand it's better for balancing play, but on the other it's a premium service rather than a convenience (which, arguably, the various transfer systems pre-Gen 6 were) so what right do they have now to block it?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,814 ✭✭✭✭PopePalpatine

If only I didn't give my copy of Emerald to my brother...*le sigh*

So, seeing as the Latios/Latias mega evolutions probably won't be released until these games are out, are there any pokémon you'd like to get megas that haven't gotten one yet? I'd kinda like to see a mega for Nidoking, just cause it's one of my favourite pokémon.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,478 ✭✭✭✭gnfnrhead

Angron wrote: »
    So, seeing as the Latios/Latias mega evolutions probably won't be released until these games are out, are there any pokémon you'd like to get megas that haven't gotten one yet? I'd kinda like to see a mega for Nidoking, just cause it's one of my favourite pokémon.

I'd rather they dont go giving everyone a mega evolution. I thought X and Y had too many in the first place.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,743 ✭✭✭raze_them_all_

SO the two starters, legendaries and diance are getting mega evos

Yup. The starters doesn't surprise me seeing as Blaziken had one from XY, and I thought the legendaries would get one (the box art kinda looked like they're megas)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,943 ✭✭✭Machismo Fan

November 28th release date.

• Registered Users Posts: 38 MartinTWD_

November 21st for Japan, Australia/NZ, and US.
    November 28th for Europe.

avoiding spoilers for a week. nice...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,478 ✭✭✭✭gnfnrhead

MartinTWD_ wrote: »
    November 21st for Japan, Australia/NZ, and US.
    November 28th for Europe.

avoiding spoilers for a week. nice...

Weren't X and Y released globally on the same day? Wonder why they changed.

Advertisement