Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Final Fantasy on PSP

• 18-07-2013 10:24am
    Registered Users Posts: 337 ✭✭

After reading the thread Final Fantasy 7....by a non gamer I really want to get back into playing FF. Trouble is I haven't got a psx/ps2 to play them on.:mad:

If I got a psp is there a way to get the games (VI VII VIII IX & X) on that because I'm sure someone mentioned it.

Sorry if this is a stupid question but I haven't a clue about this stuff and want (need) to play these games again :D

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,139 ✭✭✭martineatworld

FF 1,2 and 4 - 9 would be playable. The PSP can't run ps2 games unfortunately.

They're all available on the PSN, with FF4 having a complete collection. Of course, PSP's have many other features that would allow you to emulate them or play fan spin-offs.

• Registered Users Posts: 337 ✭✭Elevelyn

Thanks for your help!

That is great news (kinda guessed that I wouldn't be able to play X) Gonna defo pick up a second hand psp next week now I know that I can defo play them.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 50,778 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

I wouldn't play FF4-6 on the PSP. They are the PS1 ports and ruined by terrible loading times and poor sound quality. The Wii ports on the virtual console are the best place to play them. FFIV Complete collection however is fantastic and you should pick that one up.

Also if you are going to buy FF7-9 think about getting them from the US store. The ones on the european store are the inferior PAL versions of the game that run slower have black borders and slowed down music.

FF3 is available as a dwnloadable game as well. It's a port of the DS version. It's not a great game though. The PSP versions of FF1 and 2 are pretty good.

Eeeeek I have no idea about ports!!!

If I was to get the US version would I have to have a US account (address)?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 50,778 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

You can set up a US account with a fake address and then buy PSN currency from playasia. Works out cheaper as well.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,225 ✭✭✭snausages

If you don't have a Wii you could do worse than download the PS port of FFVI and V. The music difference is pretty negligible. It takes a little longer to load menus and between battles but it's playable. Definitely try to get US versions of VII,VIII and IX though. Nostalgia doesn't tend to account for just how sluggish and flattened those games were for us European folk.

Wait for the HD version of X. The PAL port of that was abysmal, really hard to go back to now especially with all the unskippable cutscenes that are 16.6% slower than they should be. You'll have to play it on PS3 or Vita though.

I'd go so far as to say the loading times ruin FFVI and V. They are just so sluggish and boring compared to the blistering fast pace of the SNES original. They're a real chore to play because of the load times.

• Registered Users Posts: 476 ✭✭Darkstrike

Fantastic games normally, but they do drag because of that loading issue.

FFVII has that bloody annoying graphic glitching issue on PSP and Vita too.

Sorry for being annoying but I can't put money into the wallet to buy this game. Is it because my address is american??

• Advertisement
Advertisement