Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

carpentry books

Options
  • 20-09-2010 7:15pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 47

Anyone know what carpentry books fas use and any other good recomendations

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 192 ✭✭ronaldo84

manual of first and second fixing by les goring (second edition) have loads more books aswell

• Closed Accounts Posts: 47 paul.

Cheers thats the one i think. Anyone have any other good books on the likes of plumbing, painting, cabinet making, kitchen fitting etc. all ideas are welcome. Recession has forced me to learn as much as possible. cheers

also is the third edition any use

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 chippytom

We were given Carpentry and Joinery by George Mitchell when I started in Fas and we had Carpentry and Joinery: Book 1 Job Knowledge when we went to college.

Collins complete woodworking manual is also well worth a look.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17 jodysutts

carpentry and joinery book 1 job knowledge and carpenrty and joinery book 2 practical activities both by peter brett you can find them here:

http://www.amazon.co.uk/s/ref=nb_sb_noss?url=search-alias%3Dstripbooks&field-keywords=Carpentry+and+Joinery&x=0&y=0

And also to help with drawing there's a great book by John J O Connor called
    geometrical drawing for carpentry and joinery you can find that here:

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Geometrical-Drawing-Carpentry-Joinery-OConnor/dp/0717144488

• Advertisement

Ye I got those books and started reading them, they look great cheers lads

• Registered Users Posts: 393 ✭✭Quiet you

I always thought the Peter Brett books were standard. The homebond book is well worth a look for regulations and such.

Advertisement